[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're about to be transported back to the year 1800. You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: items.png (262 KB, 553x413) Image search: [Google]
items.png
262 KB, 553x413
You're about to be transported back to the year 1800. You will have only the items in the picture to bring with you. However, you get to pick where you end up. Where do you go, and what do you do? You can pick any location in 1800.
>>
>>439867
Find a French scientist or engineer, give him the chemistry book and the pistol so he could reverse engineer it, watch as Napoleon comes to dominate Europe in a few months. Also give Napoleon the Tom Cruise bio for manlet motivation.

Drop the Tom Clancy book in any good library in an English speaking country to warn them against the dangers of communism and Marxism.

Get the business book to Russia so they'll learn about markets and gradually liberalize their economy and society.

The clothes would look pretty alien for 1800. Nothing much to do with them. Just drop them off at a shipyard or workshop somewhere so they can use the fabric for something practical. I guess the raincoat and survival accessories could be used by explorers somewhere, but in 1800 all the important spots have been discovered already.

Energy bars... No idea. Maybe drop them off in Haiti so they could use the extra calories to fend off French and Yankees?
>>
>>439867
I'd usurp the Qings.
>>
Gun goes to Africa for shits and giggles
>>
>>439936
>not selling the exotic, super strong and high quality clothes to some rich fucks or trying to advance textile two-hundred years
>>
I channel my inner Dune and dissapear into the desert, convincing the peoples there that there will a chosen one that arrives, the Tom Cruise, and use the story of his life to influence the behavior of the people of the desert. I will tell them to pray, and to say that their savior will come in the year of 1962.
>>
>>439867
I go to London, give the chemistry book and gun/bullets to the government and, depending on how much (if any) money they give me, either buy a cargo ship, arm it enough to handle a frigate and become a wealthy Indiaman shipper, or join the RN and live out Master and Commander.
>>
>>440012

Modern textiles are inferior in every way except production costs to bad in the day stuff.
>>
>>439867
The south. guns of the south style
>>
>>439867

The gun. Pick the gun and the bullets apart, patent them. Sell to government during the nap wars. Buy lordship. Live happily in high society.
>>
>>440168

You don't have to pick. You get everything in the image no matter what location you choose.
>>
>>440175
I also pick the gun.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.