[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the consensus on this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Heroico1.jpg (206 KB, 1532x1072) Image search: [Google]
Heroico1.jpg
206 KB, 1532x1072
What is the consensus on this guy?
>>
Edgelord and a hilarious failure.
>>
There is no consensus on him. Academically he was an important revolutionary figure and became a folk hero among the underprivileged groups of South America.

>inb4 strawman and cherry picking that he hated gays and black people based on 100% fake quotes, out of context statements and his opinion as a young white in Argentina.
>>
>>268179
>he was an important revolutionary figure
Nah, he was shit. Piggybacked Fidel in the Cuban revolution, did fuck all in Africa and failed even harder in Bolivia.

>became a folk hero
The folk hero status was actually created by Fidel and turned him into a martyr, then American leftists turned him into a pop icon.

Generally speaking though he did basically nothing worth noting and only seemed to be permanently asspained about everything.
>>
>>268179
>became a folk hero among the underprivileged groups of South America.

No, he didn't. Only idealistic college kids (the exact opposite of underprivileged) admire him, Che is a strange figure for poor people.
>>
>>268143
Extremely well educated genius who's time has still yet to come.
>>
>>268143
the T-shirt guy
>>
>>268207
You obviously know nothing
>>
>>268143
The irony that his face appears on many t-shirts sold by corporate to white middle class suburban college students from sweat-shop produced textile factories in Vietnam is just amazing to behold.
>>
>>268270
You got BTFO kid, just move on.
>>
>>268217
This is the second time today on this board I've seen an anon completely lie about the opinions of Latin Americans

Poor people in Peru, Chile and Argentina fucking love Che.
>>
>>268143

Bit of a dick. Anybody who was close to Fidel isn't someone that I'm going to have a very high opinion of.

>>268274

It really is. I almost wish the bastard was still around to see that, it would horrify him.
>>
>le che is de ebilust person ever and only idealistic teenagers like him
>>
>>268410
He wasn't evil, he lacked competence to be evil. He's more like one of the most overrated people in the entire 21st century, I attribute that to Sartre gushing over him like he's Jesus and the fact he was killed by the enemy and turned into a martyr.
>>
>>268143
Really hate how leftist at every humanities university in Argentina worship him and is a symbol for similar shitheads. But he's the only Argentinian character in vidya, and gives a reason for Big Boss to drink mate
>>
>>268423
Pretty much.
sort of like the communist JFK, except at least JFK did some good things like not nuke Russia during the Missile Crisis.
>>
>>268207
Che was probably the most efficient figure in Africa, and a leading General in the Cuban revolution. In the case of Africa it as hopeless from the start, Che just tried to inspire the people a little more.

It's also important to mention that Che was an important icon in Cuba before his death, though definitely not to the degree as in after his death.
>>
>>268217
South Americans really do love Che. Have you even seen all the monuments to him they have down there? Not even just in Cuba, but all over the place.
>>
>>268179
What about all the innocents he has murdered?
>>
>>268179
He didn't become a folk hero around where my parents grew up. In fact, they kind of dispised him.
>>
>>270760
Specifically?
>>
I don't know much about this character but the apes weren't specifically evil in Planet of Apes
>>
>>268217
>College kids
>latin america
yeah i mean they make up the overwhelming population of those countries
>>
>>268143
It's always easy to talk shit about guys like him. You try living under a US-backed dictatorship for decades. Che was present in Nicaragua in 1954 and knew he had to resist. The US installed a regime which came closest to Nazi-Germany in the region.
>>
>>268274
>>268291
Not to mention that the picture was taken by a cuban photographer who is still alive but will never get any sort of compensation for it.
>>
>>268274
American liberals are retarded and its market is capable of co-opting anything to make a buck, news at 11.
>>
Hero, legend, martyr
>>
>>268709
>Che was probably the most efficient figure in Africa
>this fucker wrote this post completely unironically

So basically, Guevara participates in a rebellion that ends in a total catastrophe despite having the advantage in numbers and an access to the top notch Soviet weaponry, bitches like a faggot about the Africans being uncoordinated savages and Russians being spoiled and then goes home with a tremendous rectal itch.

After that launches a similar clusterfuck in Bolivia, making his soldiers learn Kechua instead of Guarani like the colossal idiot he was, fucking up every military operation there, then holes up in some hut and camps there until he almost starves to death and finally gets captured and killed.

I mean I do hate the commies, but when I see people like Stalin or marshall Zhukov, those guys at least accomplished something. Che was just a fucking loser.
>>
>>271277
>I'm sticking it to the man, posting about the American people unable to get jobs with their Hungarian traditional knitting degrees on my iphone assembled in a Chinese sweatshop and scream some stupid slogans in the middle of a square while wearing my Che Guevara t-shirt
>>
File: 98754894.jpg (124 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
98754894.jpg
124 KB, 960x960
Literally the face of the "revolutionary" left: rich, college educated, spoiled, never worked a single day in his life in a proper job and thinks he knows what a just world should look like. At the end, managed to create a prision-island from where its inhabitants could never escape his flawed ideology.
>>
>>268153
/thread
>>
Pretty much a one-hit wonder.
>>
>>268143

His role as a historic figure, he's up for discussion.

But as a man, he is without peers. People as heroic as che only come about once in a century.
>>
>>268282
>Poor people in Latin America

Yeah the same people who considered a billionaire mobster Pablo Escobar some kind of Robin Hood figure standing up for the little guy because he was giving out candy to beggars.

Poor people in Latin America are stupid beyond belief.
>>
>>270760
>innocents
>>
>>271026
>>271712
La Cabana
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.