[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We list valid intellectual contributions of sociology don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 21
File: lolbitch.png (705 KB, 490x722) Image search: [Google]
lolbitch.png
705 KB, 490x722
ITT: We list valid intellectual contributions of sociology

don't be shy
>>
>>267498
Well pack it up guys, thread's over. We're done here.
>>
As far as I know, the idea of agency originally came from sociology. Other fields have done more interesting things with it, but I guess it's originally theirs.
>>
>>267498

Max Webers sociology of religion.

The theory of Agency thought up as early as Descartes, but only fully realized by Pierre Bordieu.
>>
sociology is a fucking spook

it doesn't exist
>>
Sociology is a hard science just like biology, chemistry and physics.
>>
File: 1446085982804.png (456 KB, 804x876) Image search: [Google]
1446085982804.png
456 KB, 804x876
>>267611
>>
>>267517
>>267609
>>267611

wow great shitposting guys epic laughs well memed y'all are upgoated to karma heaven
>>
>>267621
I'm not shitposting. Sociology consists of rigorous, repeatable experiments.
>>
>>267498
Well, it always upped my grades' average (mfw there are people who didn't ace hs sociology somefuckinghow) and it gave me 140 minutes of sleepytime per week

To me those are enough
>>
>>267621
thanks man your words mean a lot to me. i work hard on my shitposts.
>>
File: 1446915795746.jpg (179 KB, 1024x708) Image search: [Google]
1446915795746.jpg
179 KB, 1024x708
>>267621
Is that a subtle acknowledgement of the fact that you can't list any intellectual contributions of sociology, friendo?

>>267627
kek
>>
>>267627

are you sure you're not false flagging to give people a way of discrediting sociology? because I was close to 100% sure you were.

anyway, the opening poster obviously wanted to make a shitposting thread and since no one besides me contributed might aswell report and move on.
>>
>>267611
Sociology is the science of making shit up and using as many words as possible to make it sound right, that's litteraly what sociologists themself say.
>>
>>267646
Thank you friend this has been a great sociological experiment.
>>
>>267642

>Is that a subtle acknowledgement of the fact that you can't list any intellectual contributions of sociology, friendo?

I did actually:

>>267597

It's just that you don't read things that don't conform to your way of thinking.
>>
>>267657
>muh agency

Bullshit theorycrafting 101 m90.
>>
File: tapatalk_1431906070209.jpg (100 KB, 620x371) Image search: [Google]
tapatalk_1431906070209.jpg
100 KB, 620x371
>STEMfags on /his/
>>
>>267662
Because most of us are stemfags who enjoy the humanities as a hobby.
>>
>>267661

>Bullshit theorycrafting 101 m90.

great meme answer, just what I expected.

choke on a dick you mouthbreathing faggot :^)
>>
File: 1447648823582.png (287 KB, 1019x799) Image search: [Google]
1447648823582.png
287 KB, 1019x799
>>267662
>tfw history major but went to a private college where the history department had nothing to do with sociology

I chose wisely.

>>267684
M8, if it can't be tested or falsified then it don't real, and this is coming from someone in the humanities. Half of sociology is no better than Freud in my eyes.
>>
>>267712

>M8, if it can't be tested or falsified then it don't real

read hume, popper, frege

>Half of sociology is no better than Freud in my eyes.

freud, even though most of his theories have been discredited, laid down the basics for psychoanalysis, conversational therapy, treatment of neurosis and hysteria and much, much more.

>Half of sociology

gross oversimplification which doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>267712
>M8, if it can't be tested or falsified then it don't real,
How exactly would you test and falsify this statement?
>>
>>267498
Study of the behavior of groups.
Provision of tools for social policy design.
Study of particular institutions, social movements, globalization, organization of businesses.
Analysis of large social factors (race, crime, urbanization).

Just a few that come to mind.
>>
>>267778
can you provide specific, not generalized examples? With testable hypothesis which were correct?
>>
File: 1446178270495.jpg (32 KB, 511x384) Image search: [Google]
1446178270495.jpg
32 KB, 511x384
>>267738
I'd rather not read them, thanks. And a lot of Freudian shit is still nuts.

>gross oversimplification

Yes.

>>267748
If something doesn't have an "untrue" condition, then how can you possible prove it true, essentially. If it's impossible to prove you wrong, doesn't that lead to circular reasoning where the theory justifies or proves itself simply by existing?
>>
>>267498
>STEMfag says that his field is superior, practical and useful and that humanities deserve no respect
>remind him that throughout all history it was always people educated in humanities that ruled and told scientists what to do, first philosophers, then lawyers, historians and sociologists

Feels good desu sempai
>>
File: 1421583031367.jpg (144 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1421583031367.jpg
144 KB, 803x688
>>267498
>sociology
>intellectual
>>
>>267618
If sociology isn't a science then biology isn't as well.
>>
>>267498
>>267632
This is why all universities should follow in Japan's footsteps and scrap these worthless degrees.
>>
File: 1413450754395.jpg (38 KB, 425x420) Image search: [Google]
1413450754395.jpg
38 KB, 425x420
>>267498
>We list valid intellectual contributions of sociology

The reality of economic class.
The nature of institutional power, as in the power of schools, the power of states and it's institutions upon society, and what effects it has.
The effects of religion.
The causes of suicide.
The causes of poverty.
The causes of racism.
The causes of war.

Sociology has plenty of intellectual contributions. The problem is that everyone thinks that the most retarded theories put forward by individual sociologists represent the whole field, which is retarded and is analogous to thinking all politics is retarded because someone is a Commie or a Nazi.
>>
>>270121
Your confusing intellectual CONTRIBUTIONS with claiming to study and understand something.
>The reality of economic class.
>The nature of institutional power, as in the power of schools, the power of states and it's institutions upon society, and what effects it has.
Economics made the only tangible contributions here.
>The effects of religion.
Theology.
>The causes of suicide.
Psychology. Medicine. Neurosciences.
>The causes of poverty.
>The causes of racism.
They have failed miserably at this and the field has neither predictive power nor valid solutions to these problems. Every time a policy from sociology has been implemented such as AA it has only made racial tensions worse.
>The causes of war.
>Implying >muh clay is a difficult concept to understand.
>>
>>270153
>Your confusing intellectual contributions with claiming to study and understand something.

Making intellectual contributions IS studying and understanding something and relaying that information to other people you retard.

Also, sociology overlap with a lot of other disciplines. In fact, the founders of sociology were mostly philosophers.

>Economics made the only tangible contributions here.

Economic class is an effect of economics. It isn't economics.

>Theology

Theology is the study of religions within their tradition and context, it is not the study of their effects on a society.

>Psychology. Medicine. Neurosciences.

Sure, but like I said, they overlap. You can study the causes of suicide by studying the answers that people who survive suicide attempts give for their plight, which can be caused by anomie, and alienation from society, not just simply depressive states.

>They have failed miserably at this and the field has neither predictive power nor valid solutions to these problems.

No field has "predictive power" apart from the physical sciences.

>Implying >muh clay is a difficult concept to understand.

It's never that simple.
>>
File: 1306228709732.png (23 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1306228709732.png
23 KB, 429x410
>>270184
>Making intellectual contributions IS studying and understanding something

Yes, but like I said CLAIMING to study and understand something is not the same as actually understanding it.

>and relaying that information to other people you retard.
Try doing that without the subjective political bias which your entire field is plagued with.

In addition it's basic intellectual etiquette to not talk about something until you understand it- which you don't. Not that I expect anyone in your field to have good academic practice, you're not really a part of academia after all. Your department is more like an adult day care.

>Sure, but like I said, they overlap.
Yes, and only two of those made real contributions which you are riding on without even understanding those contributions.

>No field has "predictive power" apart from the physical sciences.
Medicine is not a physical science.
Industrial engineering is not a physical science.
Economics is not a physical science.
Stochastic processes such as stock markets, population growth etc. in general have been well modeled with predictive power despite not being physical science.
etc.

>It's never that simple.
You know what is not simple? Physiology is not simple. Thermodynamics and statistical mechanics is not simple. Your field is simple the problem is only simple people enter it.

The real problem is your field is sick with sub-par and unintelligent dregs who only care about perpetuating their political biases rather than true intellectual pursuit.

Your curricula is in desperate need of incorporating modern tools of intellectual thought such as advanced mathematics at the very least including group theory, advanced statistics, probability and more importantly stochastic PDEs.

But this will never happen because your departments love their comfy retarded field full of retards getting funding and tuition from other retards for their retarded ideas and even more retarded classes.

Retards.
>>
>>270153

>n-n-no t-that doesn't count!!!!!

jesus christ kill yourself already
>>
>>270285
Jesus Christ.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone as asspained about an academic discipline as you.

I bet you get your information from /pol/ instead of actually reading publications from sociologists themselves.
>>
>>270371
Do you have any ideas how easy it is to publish in sociology?

I have respect for most humanities fields, but I have zero respect for sociology. And for good reason. It's not a real academic discipline in any meaningful sense of the word, the students they produce come out more naive than high-school kids.

>>270364
Cite one single, tangible contribution in any of those areas by someone who was actually trained as a sociologist and not in another field.
>>
>>270392
>I have respect for most humanities fields, but I have zero respect for sociology. And for good reason. It's not a real academic discipline in any meaningful sense of the word, the students they produce come out more naive than high-school kids.

And that's fine and your opinion.

But stop assuming that I'm a sociologist. I'm not. I actually study Classics.
>>
>>270392

Max Weber - The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism
Max Weber - The Theory of Social and Economic Organization
Émile Durkheim - Suicide
Émile Durkheim - The Prohibition of Incest and its Origins

>who was actually trained as a sociologist and not in another field.

I love how you keep dodging and moving the goalpost just to fit your agenda. you're pretty damn pathetic, friend.
>>
>>270500
>Be homeopath and high-school dropout.
>Establish "field of Kabbalastic medicine".
>Claim to also study medicine.
>Therefore claim credit for all advances in medicine.
>Therefore I'm justified in selling rock salt as jesus juice to idiot sociologists.

Some elementary critical thinking can take you far, friend.
>>
>>267662
I like most humanities as a hobby.
I love linguistics but /int/ has been taken over by Reddit and Auslards in general.
>>
>>270090
>comparing a physical and replicated science with a *science* of opinions
Sociology is a joke.
>>
>>270885
Reddit has infested this entire site. You can't escape it.
>>
>>267662
>>267670
>not being in the stem part of the humanities
you're all trash
>>
File: TheBellCurve.gif (45 KB, 227x341) Image search: [Google]
TheBellCurve.gif
45 KB, 227x341
>>267498
Psychometrics.
>>
>>267498
If the idea of studying social relationships triggers your little right wing mind because it implicitly acknowledges stratification and suggests empathy towards the disadvantaged, look up quantitative designs in sociology yourself you pointlessly smug lazy fuck.
>>
>>267662
You know what I find funny? To get into a university here you first must pass a test and write an essay. Simple stuff, lots of places do similar things, it's not anything out od the ordinary.
What IS out of the ordinary is this simple fact: people who go for STEM majors, particularly Engineering and Medicine, grade ridiculously better in the humanities bits of the test and in their essays.
That is, the people who for these majors have better knowledge, and probably understanding, as well as the critical ability of expressing that knowledge and understanding, than the people who for -any- field in the humanities.

And all of this is taking into account that they don't actually need to perform that well in those areas of the tests for a good portion of universities.
>>
>>271742
If you know how intelligence works, it's not surprising.

IQ correlates with ability in any field.

Mathematics highly selects for IQ, thus STEMfags have a higher IQ than humanitiesfags.
>>
>>271742
>muh college entry exams means STEMfags are superior to the humanities
well okay, that sure showed everyone
>>
>>271776
>Mathematics highly selects for IQ, thus STEMfags have a higher IQ than humanitiesfags.

Philosophyfags have higher IQ than most STEMfags apart from physicists.
>>
>>271805
>Philosophyfags have higher IQ than most STEMfags apart from physicists.
[citation needed]

I'm talking about the student body, not the faculty.
>>
>>271742
It's never been a secret that the average engineering, medicine, science and math are more intelligent and balanced than other majors.

In my country the minimum language grade requirements for getting into engineering is HIGHER than you need to get into a BA Language programme (which is just above a fail grade).

There's a reason that Japan has scrapped these programmes, because they only serve to breed large pools of pseudo-elitists who waste time and money attending a degree with no standards and then look down on people their age working in minimum wage service and blue collar jobs where they themselves actually belong. Not to mention the fact that this working class is subsidizing an education they will never use and will never benefit society.

We need to scrap all humanities departments because in the first they are way overpopulated money mills which academia was never intended to be and secondly because if we build it from scratch with higher standards we might actually get intelligent people into the field who will produce quality research.
>>
>>271805
Not true. And don't post that graph where Motl used the GRE scores if you don't want us to make fun of your ignorance.
>>
>>271820
>always taking japan as muh perfect standard
>when their universities are basically a funhouse for the students
>their actual education starts when they get accepted into a company
come the fuck on
>>
>>271826
You mean this one?

http://www.randalolson.com/2014/06/25/average-iq-of-students-by-college-major-and-gender-ratio/
>>
>>271776
Actually, the kind of mathematics you do in school is only weakly correlated with IQ compared to visual-spatial pattern recognition. It's considered more a measure of schooling ability than intelligence, and yes, I recognize the two are correlated but not synonymous.
>>
>>271854
Yes, that is Motl's graph, I'm not going to explain why a failed physicist would want to use a test that only unprofessional degrees for people who are trying to get into lawschool and the even more competitive physics grad-schools care about as a metric is retarded.

Read the latest comment on this page (remove all square brackets):

EDIT: I can't get the link out, google "The reference frame Motl" and then search for "IQ" and then click the 2006 article for IQ in different threads.

Btw Olson groups "engineering" which includes a huge chunk of civil and industrial, most engineering majors score better in the GRE than philosophy. So your previous ego comment is wrong too. Copy past from the page:

130.0 Physics
129.0 Mathematics
128.5 Computer Science
128.0 Economics
127.5 Chemical engineering
127.0 Material science
126.0 Electrical engineering
125.5 Mechanical engineering
125.0 Philosophy
124.0 Chemistry
123.0 Earth sciences
122.0 Industrial engineering
122.0 Civil engineering
121.5 Biology
120.1 English/literature
120.0 Religion/theology
119.8 Political science
119.7 History
118.0 Art history
117.7 Anthropology/archeology
116.5 Architecture
116.0 Business
115.0 Sociology
114.0 Psychology
114.0 Medicine
112.0 Communication
109.0 Education
106.0 Public administration
>>
>>267662
>using STEM as an insult
>>
>>271909
I stand corrected then.

However, philosophyfags are clearly more intelligent than the average population.

I guess the difference that remains between philosophyfags and STEMfags is rainman tier autism.
>>
File: Article2.jpg (120 KB, 821x684) Image search: [Google]
Article2.jpg
120 KB, 821x684
>>271909
Pic related is the page of the original article if you can't find the link.

Also the methodology is seriously retarded unless you actually believe the average business major is more intelligent than the average med student. It is of course because MD applicants only really care about MCATs.
>>
>>271837
Well, to be fair, removing "victim studies" and continental philosophy in general is a good idea.
>>
>>267498
To society? All that sjw stuff is pretty valuable, like their studies on Aids prevention and stuff.
But as someone applying to grad school for sociology I can say that sociology, to me, is just philosophy.
Conflict theory, symbolic interactionism, social cognition, exchange, and structural functionism really change the way I interpret the world around me.
Modern day philosophy is Sort Of logical madturbation imo.
>>
>>271984
Have you actually ever read any continental philosophy, or are you just following the continental hate trend?
>>
>>271920
Half of the population is above average intelligence :^)
>>
>>271984
>I have nothing to back up my feelings, but I'll spout my nonsense anyways
>>
>>271984
>removing "victim studies"

Gee, I wonder what kind of person denies that disadvantaged people exist in society and doesn't want discussion about it.
>>
>>272006
I meant the average population of students you b8 lord.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_sociology

Most sociologists would struggle to calculate a simple fucking triple integral though
>>
>>272006
>tfw half of the population has double digit IQs.
>>
>>271859
Depends what mathematics we're talking about. High school mathematics or uni mathematics?
>>
>>272009
>I have nothing to back up my feelings, but I'll spout my nonsense anyways
Yeah, that's pretty much what "victim studies" is.
It is all about feelings. No data, no logic.
>>
>>272066
keked
>>
>>272023
Actually all the phd's I've encountered are great at statistics. The social stats class at my school is so well regarded that math majors are allowed to take it instead of the math dept's stats class.
>>
>>272129
That's certainly not the norm
>>
>>271797
Well it shows that they seem to be more capable of understanding the humanities than humanities fags themselves.
Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension, because this is clearly written in there.
>>
>>271920
Philosophy is one of the best non-STEM fields because they actually fucking think about things instead of just eating it up.
>>
>>272018
Actual victims

t. your mom
>>
>>272320
>actually fucking think about things instead of just eating it up.
Once upon a time all high-school kids were supposed to learn critical thinking...what you're saying is sad, but true.
>>
File: 1445287468308.png (209 KB, 953x780) Image search: [Google]
1445287468308.png
209 KB, 953x780
>>270184
>we can study suicide by interviewing people who didn't kill themselves successfully

Survivorship bias
>>
>>272320
Thinking is not valued, not even by most STEM. Mathematicians hate the STE, especially the TE, for this reason.

Tech and engineering fields are glorified vocational programs. I don't care how "smart" the average graduate is, the fields themselves do not nurture critically reflective thought, but instead applied knowledge.

t. cs student
>>
>>271984
>continental philosophy
Funny because anglo universities heavily favor analytic as it is.
>>
>>272334
>Once upon a time all high-school kids were supposed to learn critical thinking

This is basically the point of English class, not primarily literacy as many people assume. Whether they succeeded or not is another matter.
>>
Das Kapital
>>
File: karate_factions.png (231 KB, 1441x1025) Image search: [Google]
karate_factions.png
231 KB, 1441x1025
>>267498
Sure. Zachary's karate club paper is a classic in applications of graph theory.
>>
>>275201
Is there any more on the application of graph theory with regards to conflicts (or just in general). It always looks so interesting to read about.
>>
>>267611
It's hard but it's present form doesn't resemble science.
>>
>>275231
Sure, yeah. There's been a bunch of research on terrorist network properties since 9/11

Krebs 'Mapping Networks of Terrorist Cells' 2002
http://insna.org/PDF/Connections/v24/2001_I-3-7.pdf

This more recent paper looks like it summarizes a bunch of related work and might be worth mining for citations
http://arxiv.org/pdf/0907.1683.pdf

Googling 'terrorism network centrality' should get you a ton of similar stuff.
>>
File: Matriarchy.jpg (415 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Matriarchy.jpg
415 KB, 1200x1200
single moms are the common denominator of crime
>>
>>275290
Mad props yo.
I haven't really got anything relevant in return but http://docdro.id/bBQHRWU
>>
>>271742
This. I study with a guy that went to study Humanities and you know what the guy did? He paid another good for nothing who studied the same as he did to write his essay for him.
>>
>>275306
That first statistic is a fucking joke. The rest of that image probably is. God that's some /swarmfront/ tier shit.
>>
>>275410
>I don't understand the sociological significance of fathers
>>
>>275430
You probably don't
>>
>>275410
Not the guy that posted it, but despite the judgmental tone those stats ate accurate.
>>
File: 1447988433565.jpg (148 KB, 518x650) Image search: [Google]
1447988433565.jpg
148 KB, 518x650
>>275440
I bet they are.
>>
>>275435
if that were the case, why are you the one not excusing their absence as an explanatory factor instead of myself?
family structure is more strongly correlated with crime that race or class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Negro_Family:_The_Case_For_National_Action
>>
>>271820
>this entire post
Get out of this board, degenerate utilitarian.
>>271742
In my country, they need to get a higher grade simply because there's more people applying for it. It's not that I get a lower grade because I know less, it's that I studied less to the banal test based purely on memorization.
>>
>>275444
The are...
What's that image supposed to be amyway?
>>
>>275445
lmao cool study fuccboi now quote a study on female economic prospects for black US citizens in the 1960's.
>>275463
A Storfmront tool
>>
>>275479
the first female millionaire in america was a negress. if you think marriage is only relevant for economic resources, then the secular materialist brainwashing is complete.
>>
>>275487
lel and yet every female billionaire is white
or that Breedlove sold products that would make black women "whiter"
>>
>>275512
All but one of the 10 richest women are heiress. They don't even make their own money.
>>
>>275479
They have tools?
>>
>>275524
Most billionaires Inherit corporate infrastructures? :O
>>
>>275306
This doesn't account for any other correlated factors like poverty that single mothers experience more often compared to single fathers. Obviously full custody is harder to get for men so the ones that do will be a more selective sample that tends to be richer and more stable, this doesn't actually mean that single fathers would statistically be any better if the custody rates were equal. It's like how women outperform men in some fields where occupations to entry are traditionally high due to sampling.
>>
>>275548
that doesn't make poorly socialized young males less prone to prison and institution.
>>
>>275306
>tfw single mum kid
>tfw failure
oh well at least i have an excuse now
>>
>>275306
>all the sources for those claims come from soft scientifical fields, known for their unreliable methods and correlations
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>275410
>That first statistic is a fucking joke. The rest of that image probably is
You've just described the entirety of sociology in a nutshell.
Seriously, sociology is basically ''muh feelings'': the field.
>>
>>275563
Yes, but you can't account for poor socialization by the gender of single parents alone if you haven't factored in tangential variables like income, age and sampling bias.
>>
>>275566
Blaming somebody else isn't the first step of self-improvement anon.
>>
>>275573
>Seriously, sociology is basically ''muh feelings'': the field.
>what is mathematical sociology
>what are quantitative designs in sociology
>>
>>275573
"Muh numbers" - this is a common expression heard from the mouths of positivists upon their lack of understanding when confronted by epistemologies beyond their field of study. Similar expressions include "Sociology isn't a real science" and "do a real degree"
>>
>>275575
it still does not need to be promoted as it presently is by both media and perverse social service incentives.
>>
>>275593
"Muh feelings and stats" - this is a common expression heard from the mouths of frauds upon their lack of understanding when confronted by reality. Similar expressions include "Sociology is a real science" and "my field is relevant and to be taken seriously"
>>
>>275598
Lmao k conservitard
>>275601
dude its not funny when u do it stop
>>
>>275306
>fails to take into account that there are vasty more single mother households than single father households
>>
>>275606
Also convenientely doesn't really link any of its ''sources''.
Never trust propaganda pics.
>>275598
I'm pretty sure the media isn't advocating for divorces, maybe it is in the land of the freedom?
>>
>>275604
why are you defending single motherhood?
it hurts women too, they develop puberty sooner without a present father, there is a reason daddy issues is a common slut-tell.
>>
>>275610
americunt here, it isn't advocating for divorces here either
>>
>>275616
Seeing past some pic's bullshit agenda doesn't equal to defending anything anon.
>>
>>275610
>Never trust propaganda pics.
Does anybody?
>>275616
because my mum was fine ur mum sucked at raising you deowitit
>>
>>275598
It's not being promoted by the media, the media just shows depictions of it because it exists and you get triggered in your little MRA brain.

>perverse social service incentives

Do you have any idea how much having a kid costs?
>>
>>275630
>Does anybody?
Yes, /pol/.
>>
File: matriarchybtfo.png (121 KB, 711x1099) Image search: [Google]
matriarchybtfo.png
121 KB, 711x1099
>>275625
but those numbers are true, looks like inequality of conditions generates inequality of outcomes.
>>
>>275606
>fails to take into account that there are vasty more single mother households than single father households

Yes, and this means full custody fathers are more likely to be good fathers due to selection biases alone.
>>
>>275631
MRAs are just like feminists, no matter how many facts you throw at them they'll just move the goalpost so that they win.
Two sides of the same obnoxious coin.
>>
>>275631
yes, that's why you get a husband and father, not on the dole
>>
>>275637
>this established causation

Of course mothers without full custody are less likely to pay child support than fathers without full custody, you have to be a pretty bad mother to not get full custody.
>>
>>275640
Because they're selected according to appropriacy by a stricter juridicial framework.

It might actually be that, proportionally sampled accounting for multiple salary incomes and neighbourhoods, women end up as better single parents overall.
>>
File: 1371847308044.jpg (120 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1371847308044.jpg
120 KB, 500x500
>>275637
>matriarchy
>>
>>275645
don't teach children to prevent abuse
teach women to stop abusing children
>>
>>275647
but fatheless is matriarchy, it is rule of the mother.
>>
>>275641
>MRAs are just like feminists, no matter how many facts you throw at them they'll just move the goalpost so that they win.

Feminism is much larger, more divided, and older than the MRM.
>Two sides of the same obnoxious coin.

You don't think you're obnoxious?

>>275644
If a teenage boy impregnates you and fucks off there's really not a lot you can do. Unsurprisingly single mothers are more common in conservative states that don't allow abortion.
>>
>>275649
>teach women to stop abusing children
is the same as saying
>teach men to stop raping

pic related, the horseshoe theory
>>
>>275649
>total non sequitur
>inferring entire strawmen worldviews and knocking them down because I disagree with the flawed inferences you make from statistics

Good job showing your manly logic you manly man of manliness.
>>
>>275653
So unless society solves an individuals irresponsibility, we're shitlords for not allowing it?
>>
>>275579
>implying I have any plans to ever improve
>>
>>275656
>I can make a chart with caricature of lesbians and poorly shaven men with unfashionable hats

U did it. Ur smarter than both side my man
>>
>>275653
>Feminism is much larger, more divided, and older than the MRM.
That doesn't change the basic behavior of both movements, at all.

>You don't think you're obnoxious?
At least I don't force my non-issues into everyone like you faggots do.
It's a common behavior of any activist actually when you think about it

>I HAVE AN ISSUE LISTEN TO ME
>YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THIS ISSUE ALL DAY EVERY DAY OR ELSE YOU'RE SCUM
>WHAT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT MUH ISSUE? HOW DARE YOU?
>>
>>275661
I never mentioned the word shitlord, but it's better to give them a modicum of welfare than just have kids grow up in even poorer conditions because muh disincentives.
>>
>>275668
Why is expressing dissatisfaction in itself an intolerance? Go outside once in a while.
>>
>>275668
>My arguments consist of rambling strawmen written in all caps
>I'm not obnoxious, you are, you faggot!
>>
>>275682
You clearly don't get my point, there's a difference about having an issue and forcing it into everyone like an overbearing faggot while trying to guilt-trip anyone who doesn't give a shit.
Feminists do it, MRAs do it, animal rightists do it, environmentalists do it etc...
It's a common activist behavior.
>>
>>275688
there's a difference between*
>>
>>275688
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fprcing People To Care About Issues Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha
>>
>>275688
Why are you so mad that these people are fighting for their cause like nigga just don't listen.
>>
>>275694
>>275696
All I'm doing is pointing out their common behavior, of course I have the power not to listen and ignore their retarded guil-tripping attempts.
>>
>>275688
Maybe Reddit would suit your sensibilities better if you don't want to hear opposing views? :^)
>>
>>275703
Ironic because Reddit is full of activist faggots.
>>
>>275701
Yet here you are. Clearly the feminazi reptilian marxist brain control is working its magic. You were compelled to come here and tell us all how cool you are for not caring. Please, don't leave. I'm begging you.
>>
>>275708
As if it doesn't have people who are against feminism and MRAs? Give me a break. No shit people don't congregate online based on issues they're not interested in.
>>
>>275711
Yes because one of you faggots came here in the first place posting a propaganda picture completely unrelated to the thread.
>>
>>267498
Braverman's deskilling hypothesis is pretty well respected. But you could call that history.
>>
>>275701
>common behaviour*
Why are you mad that people who strive to raise "awareness" about a particular policy or agenda do so through the most effective means?

Clearly, they're quite effective.
>>
File: 1419643040323.png (574 KB, 1800x2890) Image search: [Google]
1419643040323.png
574 KB, 1800x2890
>>271984
why do people want to remove continental philosophy? i don't get it
>>
>>275769
Because muh dichotomy
>>
>>275769
Because they don't get it. That's why the split happened in the first place.
>>
>>275769
Because they're not fully sick Kants.
>>
>>275728
Just because they might be ''effective'' it doesn't change how fucking annoying they are.
>>
>>270285
>economics
>predictive
lol, descriptive maybe
>>
File: 1435323431728.jpg (77 KB, 800x780) Image search: [Google]
1435323431728.jpg
77 KB, 800x780
>>275864
NOT ALL PRE-20TH CENTURY PHILOSOPHERS ARE CONTINENTAL KANT WAS A GERMAN IDEALIST RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1443346406510.jpg (145 KB, 860x861) Image search: [Google]
1443346406510.jpg
145 KB, 860x861
>>276818
>NOT ALL PRE-20TH CENTURY PHILOSOPHERS ARE CONTINENTAL
The ones that matter are.
>>
>>267498
>ctrl+f
>discourse
>nothing
Discourse analysis? No? Shit's pretty useful.
>>
>>275656
>MRA
>muh feelings are oppressed

My dick was fucking sliced through at birth so that I would experience less sexual pleasure, making me less likely to use a condom and more likely for me to be forced into parenthood. I don't want you to feel sorry for me. I want you to fucking not of the above and go to jail if you do.
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.