[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are the shittiest persons in history that people consider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 39
Who are the shittiest persons in history that people consider to be heroes?
>>
Susan B. Anthony
>>
>>265405

Considering some historical figure shitty is just as dumb and profoundly ignorant as considering it as a "hero".

It's just a contrarian view of a mainstream notion that isnt based on anything anyways.

We dont know for sure and we never will.
>>
File: Porfirio-Díaz-Mori.jpg (216 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
Porfirio-Díaz-Mori.jpg
216 KB, 670x503
>>265405
>>
>>265405

Pretty much every warmongering "great king".
>>
>>265412

Jesus christ lol
>>
Woodrow Wilson
Henry Ford
FDR
>>
>>265405

Adolf Hitler.
>>
>>265405
Cromwell
>>
Cleopatra

Every feminist thinks she was a great ruler or some shit

>If women ruled the world there would be no wars
topkek desu senpai
>>
>>265412
lol

okay then, value judgements from the time are irrelevant now then
>>
>>265436

I'm more concerned with the fact that people think of Cleopatra and her dynasty as "Egyptian" in the same way they think of Akhenaten as Egyptian, when in fact Cleopatra was basically roman and put there by Pompey to set order.
>>
>>265405
Thomas Jefferson
>slander campaigns against Adams and Washington to get votes
>paid journalists to smear political opponents
>Perpetually in debt, refused to pay back loans, stole money from the estates of dead men to cover his own expenses, and embezzled funds from the endowment of a college he was an officer for
>Terrible president who crippled the economy, violated the constitution, and hated free speech
>>
Abraham Lincoln was pretty shitty

Murdering journalists who criticized him and suspending habeas corpus and all that
>>
Just for gender equanimity:

Francis Bacon
Margaret Sanger
>>
>>265417
In all honesty this.

Politicians and kings and great conquerors were all pretty much horrible people by the morals of the standard man.

Famous people too, even inventors. We have people like Thomas Edison who was a complete thief or Henry Ford who was a profiteering jackass, even in the realm of simple capitalism we have douchebags like Walt Disney. It just takes a special kind of narcissistic self serving asshole to want to stand out from the crowd and have rooms stop when he enters them.
>>
>>265452
>when in fact Cleopatra was basically roman

You mean Greek.
>>
>>265556

You mean Macedonian.
>>
File: Iamdog.png (93 KB, 202x196) Image search: [Google]
Iamdog.png
93 KB, 202x196
>>265405
>Jumping on the "Columbus was the worst person ever" bandwagon
I thought you were better
>>
>>265563
Macedonians were Greek.
>>
>>265569
he was a jackass on the same level as hundreds of other jackasses but he was a jackass nonetheless
>>
>>265405

>>/Reddit/
>>
>>265570

By the time of Plutarch they were considered Greek. Earlier? Nope.
>>
File: jesus-5.jpg (294 KB, 1108x788) Image search: [Google]
jesus-5.jpg
294 KB, 1108x788
burning people in hell is pretty rude desu

worse than hitler
>>
>>265405
Is Columbus a hero? No. His moral actions were not inspirational by any current "modern" (commonly accepted, that is) ideas of moral, as most people don't find Native American genocide to be particularly inspirational.
Did he accomplish an impressive feat that would ultimately change the fate of history as we know it? Yes, and, for that, we should acknowledge his achievments.
>>
>>265576
This
>>265616
is what i mean to say.
Yes, he was a cock, but he also was incredibly important to the history of the world.
>>
>>265616
You can basically change Columbus to Hitler there. I'm not sure I'd call any of that achievements but sure, they did impact world history.
>>
File: SleepyPepeMeme.png (82 KB, 249x239) Image search: [Google]
SleepyPepeMeme.png
82 KB, 249x239
>literally not even the first person to discover the New World
>celebrated so smelly Italians don't riot
>>
>>265616
>>265650
>and, for that, we should acknowledge his achievments

I actually don't agree with that. I think that people who we find morally reprehensible shouldn't be celebrated in any way, they should be begrudgingly noted at best and the norm should actually be historical revisionism to do our best to erase their name from history because they were horrible people that shouldn't be anyone's role model and need to be forgotten.

Humanity needs to stop glorifying and rewarding horrible people.
>>
>>265667
Columbus negative attributes did not heavily interfere with the one he is praised for ("finding" the New World).
>>
>>265587
Whatever, go make a thread about it, you fags are always flipflopping on this.

Soem faggot goes into one thread and proves they were, another faggot (you) goes into another thread and says they weren't.

I'm going to keep saying they were always greeks and you're going to have to deal with that.
>>
>>265681
Doesn't really matter, do you really want human history to keep being about the glorification of the worst examples humanity has to offer?
>>
>>265673
But Colombo was Portuguese...
>>
>>265405
Robert Mugabe
Nelson Mandela
>>
>>265417
>>265548
literally being THIS mad you aren't making anything of your life
>>
That terrorist George Washington
>>
>>265708
>Robert Mugabe
Really? Even Zimbabweans hate him.
>>
>>265708
first one isn't a hero outside of Zimbabwe and a few extremist afrocentrists

I agree with the second.
>>
>>265694
>worst examples of humanity
>columbus
okay family
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (591 KB, 2892x2310) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
591 KB, 2892x2310
>>265405
>>
>>265724
Just because there are worst doesn't mean he isn't up there with the 10% of humanity that are horrible disgusting pieces of shit that need to be eradicated from the gene pool
>>
>>265729
second time I we see him mentioned, still no mention of what he did.
>>
>>265733
>columbus
>top 10% of awful people in the world
oh my kek
>>
>>265675
The world is a shitty place, and sometimes shitty things need to be done. The fact is that Columbus, although a shitty and selfish person, found the Americas leading to the current situation today. Had Columbus not existed, the Americas would be in a very different situation today, most likely for worse, and its probable that Europe would not have come to be the dominating power it became.
Personally, despite the fact that he was a terrible person, im thankful that he did what he did, because underneath the fact that he did certainly kill a ton of people is the fact that i, and millions of other people, would not exist if it werent for his actions.
>>
>>265739
This

it's really more like 40% of humanity that needs to exit the gene pool
>>
>>265675
I wonder if this is ironic or not
Kill yourself if it's not
>>
>>265673
If youre talking about the Vikings, you and I both know that their adventures in the New World amounted to squat.
>>
>>265675
lmao family how many people can you find that acknowledge columbus as a role model
>>
>>265741
>The world is a shitty place, and sometimes shitty things need to be done.
Then Humanity shouldn't exist at all, if shitty things need to be done ever what value does humanity have when all it's beauty and marvels must be accomplished through horrible suffering and degeneracy?

What a pathetic fucking race that seeks to justify all its wrongs and violations on itself with such a selfish self serving justification. We truly don't desrve to exist.
>>
Why no one mentioned Che Guevara?
>>
>>265750
>Kill yourself if it's not
Faggot I'd be the last person I killed, all of you need to die first. Absolutely disgusting little creatures.
>>
>>265762
Kill yourself then, retard.
>>265765
No human being considers him a hero, tbqh.
>>
>>265741
So you're glad millions of people died since you can now live on top of their bodies?
>>
>>265675
>people who we find morally reprehensible shouldn't be celebrated in any way
True; Columbus day is very odd. There's no real celebration of it, though, and I doubt many people paint him as a hero.
>historical revisionism
That's where I disagree with you.
History is supposed to be an unbiased representation of events that happened in the past, and a statement of facts of what occurred. This mean that both sides of the coin are revealed: Columbus discovered the existence of lands in the Western Hemisphere for non-Icelandic Europeans, and he also committed genocide against the native peoples of the islands.
The Roman Republic, in its glory, conquered and united the Mediterranean in a single power, though a good portion of its peoples were slaves and underrepresented. It established order, brought great works of science, architecture, and technological advancement, compounding upon the works of the Greeks, and would leave an important legacy onto Europe for future generations. It, however, was corrupt and often incompetent depending on the current state of leadership, often devolving into civil wars that would result into the establishment of an Empire.
The British Empire covered the vast swathes and nearly every continent of the world, initially fighting against Spanish Claims and slavery in the new world, only to become large importers of slaves to the Americas, to later reverse their decision and become the world police against the African slave trade.
Nobody's hands are clean, and history should not wipe the slate and have a declared "good guys," and "bad guys." Is the genocide of the Native Americans something that should be erased so the US always in the right? Should we only pride ourselves on defending the world in times of war and trying to inspire growing democracies, even when the people did not want a democracy?
Remember every man with the title "the Great" became so at the cost of other people.
>>
>>265778
Everyone dies anyway.
>>
>>265780
>History is supposed to be an unbiased representation of events
Then it needs to be changed into a biased representation of events or history needs to be forgotten entirely.
>>
>>265784
Not everyone dies to your benefit though, they did, and you're glad they did since you can live over their corpses.
>>
>>265786
>>>/trash/
>>
>>265778
Wherever you are youre living on-top of just as many.
>>
File: 1447731956683.png (260 KB, 519x504) Image search: [Google]
1447731956683.png
260 KB, 519x504
>>265786
>>
>>265806
>Wherever you are
The moral High ground.
>youre living on-top of just as many
No I'm not.
>>
>>265806
doesn't mean I have to be glad about it.
>>
>>265540
>Murdering Journalists
He never straight up murdered any journalists. A few were jailed and others encouraged to shut up, but it's highly suspect that Lincoln was directly involved in those shenanigans.
>Habeas Corpus
The Constitution literally provides for the president suspending the writ in times of national emergency.

Now, Lincoln was not the great guy everyone paints him as. He was against abolition as basically anything other than a war measure, he was actually crazy racist and wanted told Frederick Douglass and other blacks that they should leave the States for their own good, he did all kinds of shady shit with the railroad tycoons because Mary Todd Lincoln's family were in the railroad business, and Lincoln/Stanton/Cameron were basically all complicit in goading the South into attacking Sumter, but Lincoln was justified in suspending habeas corpus (Even Davis had to pull this shit eventually), and he was most likely not involved in the intimidation of peace-democrats.
>>
>>265786
>Then it needs to be changed into a biased representation of events or history needs to be forgotten entirely.
There's something about your wording that I can't fully understand: are you saying that history SHOULD be a biased representation of historical facts, or that history IS a biased representation of historical facts?
If you're saying that latter, we've, unfortunately, mostly histories written by biased authors, or people relying on information that they were never present for, using stories or anecdotes that may be inaccurate. And it's a fact of life that we cannot escape from ALL of our biases, and can only seek to write from what we know--which doesn't involve every side of the story.
Livy is writing to provide Exempla of the Republic, but I would like to believe there is some element of truth in his tales of the foundations of Rome.
If you're saying the former, you're an idiot.
>>
>>265816
>I can do that too
Yes, you absolutely are.
I dare you to name a country that hasnt killed to further their own benefit.
>>
>>265844
Kiribati.
>>
>>265844
Andorra?
>>
>>265844
SAN MARINO~
>>
>>265844
...Luxembourg?
>>
>>265786
>History needs to be forgotten
Where do all these idiots come from?
>>
>>265844
Sealand.
>>
>>265862
Reddit, not even /pol/ would say something like that.
>>
>>265844
Sealand!
>>
>>265844
>>
>>265844
United States of America
>>
>>265844
The Vatican
>>
>>265737
Absolutely nothing. It's just assblasted /pol/tards and naziboos.
>>
>>265421
What was wrong with Ford? I agree with the other two though.
>>
File: sherman.jpg (17 KB, 312x398) Image search: [Google]
sherman.jpg
17 KB, 312x398
"We can make war so terrible and make [the South] so sick of war that generations pass away before they again appeal to it."
>>
>>265548

oh fuck off you plebeian trash
>>
>>265729

>laughably incompetent naval officer
>praised Hitler during his early days
>supported eugenics and believed Indians were racially inferior people who belonged in chains
>supported imperialism as long as it was British imperialism
>supported indiscriminate bombing of German cities with no military objectives
>habitual drunkard who treated everyone around him like shit
>so unpopular in Britain that he was booted out of office after winning (!) the war
>author of more than a dozen botched naval operations

Churchill was an inept piece of shit
>>
>>265844
Ireland since its independence
>>
>>265548
>Henry Ford who was a profiteering jackass
Of all industrialists you could point to as a bad guy, you pick Henry fucking Ford?
>>
File: Post Civil War Sherman 3.jpg (1 MB, 971x1203) Image search: [Google]
Post Civil War Sherman 3.jpg
1 MB, 971x1203
>>265908
He was right though.

When you fight a serious enemy, the kid gloves come off. If you want to end a threat, you fucking destroy that threat with extreme prejudice until that enemy literally can no longer be a threat to you.

Now, I don't 100% agree with the North's reasons for fighting and I think the Civil War should have been avoided (should have just let the South go desu), but Sherman was absolutely correct about how to end the war.

Addendum: Sherman's troops got out of control in South Carolina, beyond anything approaching acceptable, but he wasn't really responsible for it.
>>
>>265908
Sherman was right.
>>
>>265938
People don't like his ideas about natural hierarchies. That some people are just suited to and would be better off committing themselves to menial labor positions instead of trying for high education.

He's right but you know, that's not being sensitive enough.
>>
>>265940
His troops, his responsibility. He should have dangled at the end of a noose.
>>
>>265938
>try to stop WW1
>you made the model T
>how hard could WW1 be?
>>
>>265405
Stop judging historical figures by modern standards!
>>
>>265969
NO!
>>
>>265405
Alexander was pretty shitty all things considered. He conquered a lot but did nothing to ensure his empire would survive, and it was even falling apart before he died.

Then it's pretty clear he had isolated himself and pushed away almost all of his most seasoned generals and friends.
>>
File: 1430435699958.jpg (179 KB, 796x883) Image search: [Google]
1430435699958.jpg
179 KB, 796x883
>>265969
How does this image make you all feel?
>>
>>265737

>He referred to Palestinians as "barbaric hordes who ate little but camel dung." When quashing insurgents in Sudan in the earlier days of his imperial career, Churchill boasted of killing three "savages." Contemplating restive populations in northwest Asia, he infamously lamented the "squeamishness" of his colleagues, who were not in "favor of using poisoned gas against uncivilized tribes."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/02/03/the-dark-side-of-winston-churchills-legacy-no-one-should-forget/
>>
>>265969
We can judge him by contemporary standards, if you want. De Las Casas and the Catholic church had some interesting things to say about his fellow settlers who acted in the same way.
>>
>>265733
Leave your mom's basement. Most people aren't that bad and are just trying to live their lives and chill with their families.
>>
>>266026

>le hilter was ebil

fuck churchill
>>
>>265902
A nazi

That was quite fashionable at that time though
>>
>>266026

>As a junior member of parliament, Churchill had cheered on Britain's plan for more conquests, insisting that its "Aryan stock is bound to triumph."
>>
>>266065
Was he actually a Nazi or just anti-Semitic?
>>
>>266026
I don't see anything wrong with anything there.
>>
>>265983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAVi99Rwh8g
>>
>>266065
>hating Jews makes you a monster

Not even a /pol/tard but you just can't swallow the fact someone can have a different opinion huh
>>
File: 1438727565187.jpg (110 KB, 650x431) Image search: [Google]
1438727565187.jpg
110 KB, 650x431
>ITT
>>
File: 1438445349836.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1438445349836.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>265816
>No I'm not.

And what fairyland do you live in, lad?
>>
Christopher Columbus, Adolf Hitler, Ronald Reagan, anybody from the Confederacy.
>>
File: well memed depardieu.png (782 KB, 1470x462) Image search: [Google]
well memed depardieu.png
782 KB, 1470x462
>>265673
It isn't worth shit if you "discover" it and nobody else knows, specially when not even you are sure about what you did and it's possible consequences. The viking discovery is like me "discovering" the cure against cancer and I use it to feed my cat, and then dying without sharing it. Yeah when another guy cures cancer, my family will be able to say "but anon discovered it first, look at this photo of him feeding his cat with it!" but that's it.
>>
>>266496
C
U
C
K
>>
>>265983
This desu. Also, the Germans deserved 10x what they got from the Russians in 1945, and all the bombs that the RAF and USAF dropped .
>>
>>265405
>>265408
>>265417
>>265506
>>265542

All great answers
>>
>>268060
What bad things did Susan Anthony and Francis Bacon do
>>
>>268075
Don't know who Susan Anthony is but Bacon was named after food so he was a piece of shit.
>>
>>265786
Why are you even on this board if you wish for the death of history?
>>
>>265405
Marx
>>
My problem with Columbus is that he wasn't even the first European to visit the Americas, because the vikings did it earlier, but everyone acts like he landed on mars or something.
>>
>>265405
Each member of each tribe that killed the last of each species of megafauna in North/South America and Australia.
>>
>>265417
>>265548
Who was William the Conqueror?
>>
Andrew Jackson
>>
>>268452
Considering nothing happened after the vikings did it, might as well give Columbus all the credit.
>>
>>268468
What is wrong with you?
>>
>>268512
Nothing? I'm just mad that abbos and indians hunted beautiful creatures to extinction when they could have perfectly survived in isolation.
>>
>>265983
That pic is edgier than a 13y olds narutoxsonic fanfic.
>>
>>268517
>when they could have perfectly survived in isolation.

No they wouldn't have fucking lived in isolation because they were megafauna
>>
>>265447
pretty much

>>265412
this

Take your shitty thread and shove it, OP.
>>
>>265694
Do you want to bandwagon with SJW's? Yes? Well go over there with the other keks.

Jesus, this board went to shit quick. At first there was actually good appraisal of history, now its just LOL DAE FLAVOR OF THE WEEK?
>>
>>268523
Australia and North America were cut off from the rest of the world for 10,000 years! Could you imagine the beauty of having Ground Sloths Smilodon and Mammoths and Driptodons and Megalania living still? That was taken from us by hunter-gatherers. Fuck them.
>>
>>265408
What shitty thing did she do and trust me I'm not supporter of modern day feminism
>>
>>268508
So what? Colonies didn't magically pop up after Neil Armstrong landed on the moon, either. Doesn't mean we should erase mention of him from history. The first Europeans to arrive there were the first Europeans to arrive there, and it wasn't Columbus and his crew.
>>
Mohammad
>>
File: thomas edison.jpg (127 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
thomas edison.jpg
127 KB, 768x432
>>265405
This Patent-stealing, horribly inefficient direct current-loving fuckwad. He was the Steve Jobs of his day. The only reason Hollywood moved to the west coast was so they could get away from him. He mass-produced innovation and ripped off a lot of people to make money, not to improve the world.
>>
File: blob.jpg (38 KB, 300x591) Image search: [Google]
blob.jpg
38 KB, 300x591
This faggot.
>>
>>268757
Explain how Steve Jobs is a piece of shit.
>>
John Adams was far worse than any of the other founding fathers
>>
>>265506
LMAO
THIS IS WHAT FEDERALISTS ACTUALLY BELIEVE
>slander campaigns against Adams and Washington to get votes
>paid journalists to smear political opponents
So literally the same thing that's happened in all of politics for all of civilization? Read any fucking newspaper from back then and you'll see how absolutely ruthless, untrue, and hateful the political slander was back then. It's so ridiculous that you'd actually try to stretch this into an important aspect of him when it was the norm.
>Perpetually in debt, refused to pay back loans,
And if you knew anything about the economic situation of the colonial pseudo-aristocracy of the period, you'd know how totally common that was. The horrible debts of the planter class was one of the reasons we succeeded in the revolution, due to us having the backing of the formerly-wealthy planters (including GEORGE WASHINGTON).
>Terrible president who violated the constitution
What, like the Louisiana purchase? The Tripoli campaign? The former was INARGUABLY the correct decision and bettered our country astronomically, the latter helped us actually get a navy and other basic military shit. He also never forgave himself for going against the constitution, even when it was the right decision.
>hated free speech
No, you're thinking of John "Sedition Act" Adams fedshit.
>>
>>265673
he was portugese hired by the spanish, dickface
>>
>>265940
Lol, the point is that they were all Americans, "Brother against Brother", remember?
He had absolutely no respect for his enemy, nor did he have any other important qualities other than his 13 year old-tier edgy "LE WAR IS HELL LET'S COMMIT WAR CRIMES AND HOPE THEY FORGIVE US AFTER THE WAR XD" shtick
>>
>>268490
>MUH TRAIL OF TEARS
>HE WAS AN EBUL MEENIE
There's two sides to every coin, he didn't have some irrational hatred of the Indians as your history teacher would lead you to believe.
Besides that he was a military hero and Jacksonian democracy and the influences he had were infinitely more important than his mistakes.
>>
File: kim_dynasty.jpg (34 KB, 460x293) Image search: [Google]
kim_dynasty.jpg
34 KB, 460x293
Do these guys count if it's basically only one shithole country that worships them?
>>
>>268819
Foxconn
>>
>>265701
>>268973
>Born in Genoa from Italian parents
>Poortuguese
k
>>
>>265506
Get the fuck out Hamilton
>>
Spartacus.
Columbus.
Charlemagne.
Lenin.
Almost every American president except Kennedy.
Every Pope.
Almost every national hero each country has to retroactively cover the fact that we were all dirty feudal criminal shitheads instead of glorious knights of honor.
>>
No Gandhi? The Guy juste profited of WW2 to rebel himself, and with no army in India, no need to fight. Sneaky Indian son of a bitch.
>>
>>265413
where is he considered a hero?
>>
File: 1435882092183.png (47 KB, 651x436) Image search: [Google]
1435882092183.png
47 KB, 651x436
>>265870
>>
File: lennon.jpg (96 KB, 1015x1014) Image search: [Google]
lennon.jpg
96 KB, 1015x1014
>>265405

This cocksucking faggot pictured here.
>>
>>271418
>make music
>have a sleep in
>walk funny
>somehow this triggers you
>>
File: murican.jpg (98 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
murican.jpg
98 KB, 540x720
>>268960
>THIS IS WHAT FEDERALISTS ACTUALLY BELIEVE
I am not a Federalist. I'm not even an American.
>So literally the same thing that's happened in all of politics for all of civilization?
Translation: "Other people are immoral cheaters, too, so that makes it ok!"
No, it doesn't
>you'd know how totally common that was. The horrible debts of the planter class was one of the reasons we succeeded in the revolution
Yes, the Founding Fathers were, to a man, terrible with money, deep in debt, and staged a traitorous war to avoid their responsibilities. I know all of this.
>What, like the Louisiana purchase? [that]... was INARGUABLY the correct decision
Translation: "Violating the constitution is just dandy as long as it makes people rich"
It just proves the lawlessness of America.
>The Tripoli campaign? [it] helped us actually get a navy and other basic military shit.
Translation: "Violating the law is wonderful if the resulting war gets you a navy"
It just proves the inherent lawlessness of America
>No, you're thinking of John "Sedition Act" Adams
No, I am referring to his habit of suing reporters that told the truth about him, knowing he'd lose, in an attempt to bankrupt them and silence them
I note you very, very carefully didn't address Jefferson's very well documented thefts and embezzlements!
Tyical American - "breaking the law, lying, cheating, and stealing are acceptable if it makes you rich and powerful"
>>
>>265689
Modern day Macedonians are slavs who try to steal glorious Greek history.
Macedonians were the frontier of barbarism in ancient Greece, they were ethnically and largely culturally the same.
>inb4 pompous Athenian claims otherwise.
>>
>>271418
Yup.

>>271424
The guy was a phony, he loved to ride the fads of the time.

Not a true peace activist and was a notorious trouble maker. Drank heavily and abused drugs. Single handedly destroyed the Beatles and withheld the rights to all songs he wrote.

If often feel bad for George Harrison, someone who was truly a humple peace loving person, but was drowned out by Lennon's love for the spot light.
>>
>>271478
Mark David Chapman, please go.
>>
>>265405
>Who are the shittiest persons in history that people consider to be heroes?
everybody in the manhattan project
>>
Columbus "discovered" America and let to its colonization so thats important.

My question is, would that still happen without Columbus?

I mean, it probably would right? Nations were starting to brave the sea. In 1473 a portuguese explorer claimed to have found the "New Land of the Codfish" which was supposedly North-America.

Like, This is one of the times where i feel its justified to say that Columbus was a natural product of his environment, and that if he were to have a heart attack while growing up, maybe history would've been delayed by a year.
>>
>>271418
Absolute madman!
>>
The crusaders. They were pretty much Christian terrorists. They started out good. But a HOLY war. Killing in the name of god is beyond retarded. Suppose so like Muslim terrorists.
>>
File: PTSD.jpg (64 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
PTSD.jpg
64 KB, 720x540
>>265405
>Columbus
>Shitty
>>
File: lenin (1).jpg (5 KB, 219x231) Image search: [Google]
lenin (1).jpg
5 KB, 219x231
Even if we consider the whole "IT WAS CUZ THE CIVIL WAR" Bullshit, he's still a pretty terrible person.
>>
>>271561
Yeah, but Columbus, even by the standards of the day, was an extraordinarily shitty person.
>>
Margaret Sanger was a terrible person, yet beloved because muhsoggyknee
>>
File: Giuseppe_Garibaldi_(1866).jpg (79 KB, 388x500) Image search: [Google]
Giuseppe_Garibaldi_(1866).jpg
79 KB, 388x500
>>
>>265708
>>265765
>>268139
>>268713
>>269018
>>271418
>>271737
All of these bastards
>>
>>271669
Dude Columbus was a real nigger, and got a holiday only so a a president could garner votes from Italian immigrants.
>>
>>265932
>>so unpopular in Britain that he was booted out of office after winning (!) the war
wut, he lost because his party was stupid and tried to win the vote simply off of Churchill, no policy's. Where as the other guy had been working with Churchill throughout the war, but he had been building up support in the population and was basically the better peace time politician.
>>
>>271256
basically this
>>
>>268713
came here to post this
>>
>>266511
Wrong amongst currymen like >>265932
>>
File: lyl_1.jpg (10 KB, 233x232) Image search: [Google]
lyl_1.jpg
10 KB, 233x232
>>271434
>I'm not even an American
>founding fathers
>terrible
>traitorous war
>MUH LAWLESSNESS
>MUH SAVAGES
Holy shit, euros are STILL butthurt that someone actually challenged their total dominance and won, they still bitch about it 250 years later.
Yes, actually, if everybody else did something, then it's not notable when criticizing their character. And you're a fucking moron if you believe that his constitutional """"infringements"""" were actually breaking the law. He went against the constitution the LEAST of the founding fathers, his constitutional infringements weren't actually "infringements", he believed that doing something not explicitly written in the constitution was thereby infringing on it, which nobody else after him even believed.
You are a fucking moron if you think that the Louisiana purchase, A TOTALLY LEGAL, OFFICIAL LAND TRANSACTION BETWEEN AMERICA AND NAPOLEON, was morally wrong. The Tripoli campaign was also one of the wars we are LEAST accountable for, they obviously started it and we had a duty to defend ourselves and our economy, and also establish basic military presence.
Let me guess, you're from Britain or another Anglo country, right? I mean what other reason besides an illogical ancient national grudge could you possibly have for being so butthurt about the greatest victory for humanity and human rights in the last five hundred years?
>>
>>271256
Foxconn pays way more than average wage in China. Foxconn has done more to help the poor in China than any of you have or any feel-good politician has.
>>
File: 1416237801991.jpg (109 KB, 780x877) Image search: [Google]
1416237801991.jpg
109 KB, 780x877
>>272311
Not him, but
>the greatest victory for humanity and human rights in the last five hundred years?

gr8 b8
>>
>>265569
He was Genoese. That's bad enough
>>
File: 1445789852589.png (1 MB, 860x718) Image search: [Google]
1445789852589.png
1 MB, 860x718
>>273276
u talkin shit about the chosen people?
>>
File: 1447306047558.jpg (40 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1447306047558.jpg
40 KB, 550x512
>>268916
For what reason?
Alien and sedition?
Or was it because he was generally socially inept and for all purposes, an autist?

He had a clear moral standard and couldnt keep his ideas to himself even when the mass majority knows he's wrong.

His presidency is already tainted with the XYZ Affair and the alien and sedition acts.

He seems a ok to me.

>>265405
I'd say Nelson Mandela, although to the unsuspecting witness, tearing the African apartheid was a good idea in principle, it really did fuck over Africa to fend for themselves when they were like pets who needed a master.

What do anons think of Ulysses S. Grant?
I don't think he deserves his notoriety for being a cool guy and reading his memoirs, but im obviously biased in favor towards him
>>
>>268476
A bastard.
>>
>>265405
Winston Churchill
FDR
Che Guevara
>>
>implying I should have to go to church
>implying i don't have the right to rewrite parts of the bible so it fits in better to my doctrine
>implying jews should have the right to live

MUH faith alone
>>
>>266065
He's based then.
>>
>>268476
An incredible asshole.
>>
>>273398
>how to spot the catholic
Get rekt, your corrupt, sinful church had it coming
>>
>>273409
>>
>>272729
It doesn't matter that they pay more when the conditions are still so shit.

Me being a privileged first world shitbag doesn't make the conditions in China more justified.
>>
>>265908
>tfw Georgia howled
>>
File: jewstanza.jpg (145 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
jewstanza.jpg
145 KB, 890x890
>>273398
>"Hey guys, Jews are super cool, they hate the Catholic church just like me!"
>proceeds to fling his theses at everyone
>"hey jews, look at this cool thing I made isn't it great?"
>jews ignore him and continue jewing along just as planned
>"STUPID HERETICAL JEWS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Martin Luther was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>273222
Name three bigger.
Not including the French revolution.
>>
>>265932
>>supported indiscriminate bombing of German cities with no military objectives
I am pretty certain terror-bombing has clear objectives.
>>
>>268476
I think everyone over here in England dislikes him
>>
>>265421
Why FDR? He was the best US President.
>>
>>266074
He was extremely pro-hitler, to the point where Hitler himself gave him a medal.
>>
>>268819
He let the mother of his child go on welfare while he became a billionaire. Besides that, he was a bully and one of the worst narcissists on public record.
>>
>>265413
but he IS a hero anon.
>>
>>265548
>>265417
hello reddit
>>
>>265616
>as most people don't find Native American genocide to be particularly inspirational.

What kind of things you learn in school? He did not take part in any genocide or aggression against the peoples of the Americas.

He was a shit, but for other reasons. He was an upstart, an opportunist, and a terrible cartographer.

In fact, he had the extraordinary luck to commit an absurd mistake.
>Treating Arab miles as Roman miles, without converting it

The discovery of the Americas is the unequivocal proof that the Rule 16 actually works.
>>
>>265908
In all the pictures I see Sherman in he looks so angry.
>>
>>271879

Didn't Operation Unthinkable have something to do with it?

I mean that idea was full retard.
>>
>>271825
I never said he wasn't.
>>
>>265708
What did Mandela do that was exceptionally bad?
>>
>>265405
Ike the kike.
>>
>>265417
>Cyrus the Great was't a cool guy
>>
File: 1445115115099.jpg (175 KB, 570x456) Image search: [Google]
1445115115099.jpg
175 KB, 570x456
>>274328
>fling his theses
>>
>>265405
winston churchill
>>
>>265741
Someone else would've found the Americas and in similar time if not for Columbus. And you wouldn't exist if a country wasn't discovered? What?
>>
>>275024
I thought that was super secret
>>
>>265405
Mohamed
>>
>>265932
Indians are the most loathsome race on Earth. Worse than Abos.
>>
File: aryan_vs_anglo.jpg (67 KB, 504x330) Image search: [Google]
aryan_vs_anglo.jpg
67 KB, 504x330
The Eternal Anglo presents himself as hero of the world while he is in reality the murderer of nations.
>>
>>275339
He was a terrorist. He wasn't locked up because "muh white oppression", he loved blowing up parts of South Africa . Plus he ended up turning his country into a reverse apartheid.

Mugabe did the same, but at least he is isolated from the rest of the world and is more or less universally hated, where as Mandela will probably end up being ordained as a saint.
>>
>>265548
Did someone in /pol/ upset you Isaiah?
>>
>>265844
Iran
>>
>>265675
>the norm should actually be historical revisionism to do our best to erase their name from history because they were horrible people that shouldn't be anyone's role model and need to be forgotten.

Butthurt college student detected.
Columbia Missouri or Columbia in New York?
>>
>>266597
Don't cut yourself on that edge vodka nigger
>>
>>265548
>We have people like Thomas Edison who was a complete thief or Henry Ford who was a profiteering jackass

But I bet you believe Steve Jobs was the "Enlightened One", right?
>>
>>265932

>Praised Hitler in his early days

So?

>supported eugenics and believed Indians were racially inferior people who belonged in chains

How is that wrong :^)

>supported imperialism as long as it was British imperialism

Yeah, So what? He liked his country

>supported indiscriminate bombing of German cities with no military objectives

Terror bombing works, Also fuck Germany.

>>so unpopular in Britain that he was booted out of office after winning (!) the war

And then he was voted back in again in 1951
>>
>>277724
He's still 60% responsible for WWII and probably 35% responsible for the holocaust
>>
>>265792
Yes I am
>>
>>278239
>violated several states' neutrality and acts like hitler was Satan for doing the same thing
>refuses to negotiate with hitler over insignificant yet legitimate land dispute he forced himself in the middle of
>pushes hitler into a corner and threatens him with war
>doesn't even like Poland but lol fuck the Germans
Churchill was a fat fuck with the arrogance of a French person
>>
>>271330
> Almost every American president except Kennedy
> Kennedy is the best president we ever had meme

Kennedy had plenty bad in him
>>
>>265827
>resupplying fort Sumter by steamer was goading the South into attacking

Nice meme.
>>
>>265844
Costa Rica
>>
>>265417
Alexander was better than you'll ever be.
>>
>>265570
The Macedonians and the Greeks both would have killed you over that comment.
>>
Ghandi
> sex with young girls
> beats the shit out of his wife
>>
>>265689

Not even the Ancient Greeks knew for certain. King Alexander I of claimed that he was descended from Argive Greeks.

But, some Greeks felt that he was full of bologna and that Macedonians were in fact Barbarians.

Let's just call them Greeks.

Herodotus 5:22
Moreover the Hellanodicai, who manage the games at Olympia, decided that they were so: for when Alexander wished to contend in the games and had descended for this purpose into the arena, the Hellenes who were to run against him tried to exclude him, saying that the contest was not for Barbarians to contend in but for Hellenes: since however Alexander proved that he was of Argos, he was judged to be a Hellene, and when he entered the contest of the foot-race his lot came out with that of the first
>>
>>274136
It's way better than farm labor. People move from their families to get these jobs. They are desirable jobs there.
>>
>>278317
>Kennedy is the best president we ever had meme

Fucking this. Democrats suck his dick like Republicans suck off Ronald Regan.
>>
>>265882
Jesus fucking Kek.
>>
File: MTE5NDg0MDU1MDU1ODYxMjYz.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU1MDU1ODYxMjYz.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
Malcolm X
Martin Luther King Jr
>>
Literally destroyed all of the achievements of the French revolution and presided over a rebirth of Absolutism. he also waged war across Europe allowing his armies to loot and persecute Christians and installed his family as monarchs. He was a successful man but a piece of shit desu
>>
>>274558
Concentration camps
>>
File: ol_jo.gif (879 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
ol_jo.gif
879 KB, 500x281
>>279307
>French revolution
>achievements
>>
>>275339
terrorism. Not negotiate with the government to continue conversations without the use of violence (the SA government told him they would start negotiations if he would stop using violence, he didn't). Tortured people to death via putting tires on their necks and setting it ablaze. Plenty of stuff like that. SA has been a hellhole ever since Apartheid ended.
>>
>>279307
>leconstanzaface.jpeg
>>
>>265413
He is more of a hero than Zaragoza and any other contemoporary general, ese.
Get out of UNAM.
>>
>>279621

>he doesnt acknowledge the French Revolution as the birth of the modern era

let me guess. you're one of those Dark enlightenment types? or just a Fedora clad /pol/ack?
>>
>>265405
Nelson Mandella. He was a communist terrorist, who never renounced violence, and invented the now common African practice of "necklacing."

Worse, he didn't use necklacing on white South Africans. He didn't even use it on black collaborators. He used it on his own supporters who weren't fervent *enough* in the cause, in order to motivate the others into a frenzy.

Then he issued in a pogrom of white genocide in South Africa which the modern government still denies.

Yet that son of a bitch is mentioned by braindead lefties in the same breath as Martin King and Gandhi.
>>
>>279307
You can't blame Napoleon for taking over France. Rather, you should blame Talleyrand for ruining it.
>>
>>265421
why woodrow wilson?
>>
>>265844
Vanuatu
>>
>>265882
bait
>>
>>279788
>Martin King and Gandhi.
both were shit tho.
also surprised no one mentioned gandhi
>>
>>278232
Jobs was a self made man who stood on the strength of his own success and vision.
>>
>>265844
israel
>>
Jesus of Nazareth
>>
>>279772
>Slaughtering innocents being achievement starting modern era
>>
File: Full plebian.png (331 KB, 562x512) Image search: [Google]
Full plebian.png
331 KB, 562x512
>>279307
>Achievements of the French Revolution
>>
>>265675
Your fucking retarded. All of you assholes that say "Columbus was an asshole" call yourself historians but really aren't. Your looking at history on a 21st century view on ethics rather then looking at it from Columbus's point of view.
>be Columbus
>reach new world
>see Ooga booga' running around
>time to evangelize
>these people don't want to be Christian
>time to do what us Europeans and pretty much every other major religion of Eurasia does when this happens: convert by force
>no more Indians to convert
>go home
People today don't really relieve how brutal the world was back then. The ottomans did the same shit to Europeans in the Balkans as Columbus did to the Indians. The Europeans had crusades in the Baltic states and Scandinavia that worked so Columbus probably figured it would work here. Also ghenghis Kahn did some really fucked up shit to Europe too, so Columbus was just doing what everyone else was doing or had done.
>>
>>281737
And that makes him any less of an asshole? Jesus Christ you are retarded. The point of view doesn't matter. That's like saying the actions of the Nazis were fine because they were just doing what they believed was right. Only an idiot like you wouldn't understand the point of the fucking thread at hand. No shit, we get the world was different back then. The thread's not about all the different random people who lived according to the times, it's about people celebrated as heroes who actually did terrible things.
>>
>nelson mandela
>che guevara
>general mcarthur
>george washington
>venustiano carranza
>gandhi
>every communist in general
>>
>>265932
>>supported eugenics and believed Indians were racially inferior people who belonged in chains

What's the problem?
>>
File: martin-luther-hitler.jpg (9 KB, 250x393) Image search: [Google]
martin-luther-hitler.jpg
9 KB, 250x393
>>265405
Luther
>>
>>281737
>The ottomans did the same shit to Europeans in the Balkans as Columbus did to the Indians. The Europeans had crusades in the Baltic states and Scandinavia that worked so Columbus probably figured it would work here. Also ghenghis Kahn did some really fucked up shit to Europe too, so Columbus was just doing what everyone else was doing or had done.
>Does the same stupid shit as everyone else
>Somehow a hero

Also, when we have "Khan Day" I'll fucking worry about how much of a jackass Genghis Khan was. Until then, Columbus can have my ire.
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.