[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Kingdom was the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 14
File: Three_Kingdoms.jpg (191 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
Three_Kingdoms.jpg
191 KB, 1152x864
Which Kingdom was the best?
>>
>>26179
By merit, Wei. By lineage, Shu (allegedly). By being backstabbing fucks, Wu.

Personally I pick Wei.
>>
>>26179
Daily reminder Cao Cao represented the actual Han Government and Liu Bei is a fucking pretender.
>>
>>26179
Wei.

Rest of them were just wannabe warlords.
>>
>>26283
You mean he held the emperor hostage and keked all the other officials
>>
>>26300
>t. Luo Guanzhong
>>
File: 1404126792586.jpg (40 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1404126792586.jpg
40 KB, 400x388
>>26283
>Daily reminder Cao Cao represented the actual Han Government
>>
>>26332
>implying he was wrong

What happened to the emperor the whole time Cao Cao was in power?

Oh he did jack shit because Cao Cao controlled everything
>>
>>26179
>best organisation
Wei
>best representation
Wei
>best Army
Wei
>best geopolitical location
Wei
>best Leaders
Wei
>most Manpower
Wei
>most legitimacy (Mandate of Heaven, Dynasties don't mean shit)
Wei
>dirty Pirates
Wu
>dirty Hobos
Shu
>>
File: 1394294476029.gif (2 MB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
1394294476029.gif
2 MB, 540x300
WHO /CAO WEI/ HERE
>>
>>26380
Come on you edgy Wei-fags, I know deep down some part of you wants to help the people regain their values.
>>
>>26441
That's some old school misogyny Liu Bei
>>
File: Caozhi-rotk12.jpg (76 KB, 372x526) Image search: [Google]
Caozhi-rotk12.jpg
76 KB, 372x526
>To boil beans the stalks are burned;
>In the kettle, they sobbing yearned:
>"We two from one same root did grow-
>Why the rush to fry me so?"

what did he mean by this
>>
>>26518
It means brothers shouldn't be killing each other but helping each other
>>
>>26441
Ancient Chinese bros before hoes.
Liu Bei, Zhang Fei, Guan Yu and Kongming would have been great rulers.

Cao Cao was the best tho, too bad his son wasn't as good.
>>
>>26461
>Beat new wife in single combat
>Rewarded with sex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE_3vnvMmms
>>
File: Three_Brothers.jpg (46 KB, 285x517) Image search: [Google]
Three_Brothers.jpg
46 KB, 285x517
>>26379
>further Luo Guanzhong.
Also the Chinese Emperor's job (and most monarchs really) is done by the Prime Minister...which Cao Cao was.

Rarely in history do we get the visionary from-the-front rulers in history. In China's case these were usually the founding Emperors + at least one Golden boy in the dynasty.

Meanwhile we're not even SURE where Liu Bei came from. Just that he was "minor nobility." And his pals is a Butcher and an Fugitive and their early efforts resembled a Youxia swashbuckler/mercenary group meaning they were one of those hired muscle He Jin collected during the suppression of the Yellow Turbans.
>>
>>26283
>Out of my way Confucian fucking shits
>>
>>26179
Wu=>Wei>>Shu
>>
I like all of them.
Zhao Yun is my nigga though.
>>
>Wei: Literally a Han government under Cao Cao. Rebuilt the government following from its collapse under Dong Zhuo, brought unity back to half the realm. Lost legitimacy upon Cao Pi's ascension to the throne, however there was precedent for a dynasty unable to sustain itself abdicating.

>Shu: Liu Bei was by most definitions an opportunist. Disagreeing with the governing of the Han under Cao Cao's premiership, Liu Bei decided to join an anti-Cao coalition. Had no legitimacy until the abdication of Xian, after which Liu Bei had a vague claim to the Han throne.

>Wu: Rebels. Swore fealty to the Han when convenient, both opposing and siding with Cao-Han when convenient. Sun-Wu had no claim to the Han dynasty but also lacked the military might to enforce their own rule. Sun Quan was an incredibly capable ruler and brought prosperity to his realm, though he lacked the means to reach any end game goal.

>Jin: Wei 2.0
>>
>>27916
Zhou Tai is a real nigga. One hell of a bodyguard in any case.
>>
File: benevolence.webm (3 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
benevolence.webm
3 MB, 720x400
Was Liu Bei really as benevolent as they say?

I mean the history is filled with obvious bullshit like ALL CRIME STOPS a week after Liu Bei becomes governor, but sometimes it's hard to separate the actual man from the impossible superhero he's made out to be.
>>
Shu for glorious Guan Yu
>>
>>26677
>further Luo Guanzhong.
You know there is more scholarship around the three kingdoms than Guanzhong fiction and it's overwhelmingly agreed that Cao had effectively usurped control of the dynasty.
I am pro-Wei and even I agree with that. Cao was a reformer who went against tradition and established Han powers, which is why people like Liu Bei popped up crying about muh tradition and lineage.
>>
File: 1389075427463.png (109 KB, 305x323) Image search: [Google]
1389075427463.png
109 KB, 305x323
all rook the same
>>
>>26179
Why do they look white? Especially the red one?
>>
>>31324
baka desu senpai
>>
>>26179
Yeah, man.
Triforce heroes was sweet.
>>
>>26235
My Eunuch.

[spoiler]Sorry, couldn't find a better Chinese equivalent to My Nigga[/spoiler].
>>
File: 1428720069302.gif (157 KB, 1276x996) Image search: [Google]
1428720069302.gif
157 KB, 1276x996
>>26179
Shu would have brought an age of peace and social harmony to China. All Wei did was allow the north to prosper.
>>
>>26518

One should take time when frying beans.
>>
>>26546
> Zhang Fei
> Great ruler

Didn't he abuse the fuck out of his own men? I also remember hearing he kidnapped a little girl or some shit and forced her to be his wife.
>>
>>31475
Red Link a cute.

a cute.
>>
>>26179
Wei or Bust
>>
File: KOUMEI.png (777 KB, 803x602) Image search: [Google]
KOUMEI.png
777 KB, 803x602
>>
>>26179
Were there any major differences?
>>
Where is the appreciation for DEVELOPMENT you Northern dicksucks? Dong Wu turned the south of China from a barely-held-together collection of colonies and rivers into a powerful central state brimming with talent and potential, stopped only due a lack of manpower and Liu Bei being a butthurt thief.

Actually descendants of Sun Tzu himself. They're responsible for giving southern China an identity. What's not to love?
>>
>>33152
He was beheaded by his own men cuz he was such a shit.
>>
>>29734
He was an able administrator, thats it.
>>31285
Cao Cao we'll never know if he wanted to create another Imperial Dynasty but Cao Pi we do. So as far as I know/care he was a Han Administrator.

Cao Pi took the throne largely because the Mandate of Heaven was lost from the Han and basically it was a free for all after Cao Cao's failure to suppress the South and it's continued independence.
>>
File: 1424711298087.png (46 KB, 853x686) Image search: [Google]
1424711298087.png
46 KB, 853x686
>>26383
>>
File: Kung Cao .png (123 KB, 600x368) Image search: [Google]
Kung Cao .png
123 KB, 600x368
>>
>>29734
Luo wrote it to please his Ming masters. Liu Bei who had a dubious connection with Han royalty (there is a belief in China that people who share surnames are in some way related) ended up being the ultimate symbol for Confucian values.

By portraying Liu Bei, a Han scion as a loyal servant of the tottering Han, he also made him into a symbol of Ming authority. Be loyal to the Imperial clan no matter what. Which is why Quan is portrayed as a backstabber and Cao Cao as a ruthless opportunist, and Liu Bei as the perfect gentleman.

The royal relative is the best suited but is undone by temporary lapses in judgement.
>>
>>26441
Brilliant analogy.
>>
Been meaning to read the romance of the three kingdoms, hear some of the English translations are rough though has anyone read them and can comment?
>>
W E I
E
I
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.