[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if the British defeated the American Colonists?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
What if the British defeated the American Colonists?
>>
>>435039
>American colonies get representation in the House of Commons
>Liberals take power, William Pitt never become Prime Minister
>The French revolution is favored instead of fought
>Napoleon and the King make the Treaty of Amiens, but this time, it is respected
>Napoleon starts his conquest of Europe against the coalitions of Europe backed by powerful british bankers, but without the politicial support of the Crown
>France takes control of all continental Europe, while the United Kingdom spends their time colonizing foreign lands
>World War One starts between the French Empire and the British Kingdom

Jk

I never liked alternate history threads.
>>
>>435075

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ7zQbMxm28
>>
>>435039
Either there would have been another war at the start of the 19th century after the Slave Trade Act 1807 and Slavery Abolition Act 1833 were passed.
Or they would have been given independence under the British North America Act.
>>
>>435039
germany wouldve never succeeded in annexing france in wwii cuz murrican involvement

slavery would still be legal

britain would still be an empire
>>
Pretty much Canada, which is pretty good I say.
>>
>>435039
there would have been another war at some point
>>
>>435039
France and Spain are complete bros and start a world war, with the primary theatre being in North America.

Both take control of the original colonies, but it ends up being a pyrrhic victory with many men lost. As a result, the French Revolution happens much quicker. As does the rise of Napoleon, who is able to take out a weak Spanish monarchy.
>>
File: EITCo_flag.png (24 KB, 800x505) Image search: [Google]
EITCo_flag.png
24 KB, 800x505
East India company expands into Louisiana and Mexico.
>>
Would have been better had the English broken the 13 colonies into smaller nation states.

New England.
Southern States
etc
>>
A series of wars as disgruntled Americans move west to establish independence from the British, with the British following them and claiming they actually own it.
>>
>>435039
It completely depends how fast the British defeated them. If it was left too late the crown would have just let them go anyway due to a lack of manpower and ships through the war with France. If early enough, the British would have taken back the colony and subsequently the French revolution would be postponed for at least a couple of years. The colonists would initially suffer from some harsh acts to repress any remaining revolutionary further but eventually the crown would give in and give the colonists representation in parliament. Regardless at this point they would never be happy with anything anyway and a rebellion would have taken place. Britain would not be the major power it was in the 18-19th century due to the money that would need to be spent maintaining the money pit which was the north american colonies and the fact that they did rebel lead Britain to find new land to colonise. Australia would likely go to France at least initially.
>>
>>435148
>slavery would still be legal
I think not Jim
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.