[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think it's like being some Iraqi living in baghad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
What do you think it's like being some Iraqi living in baghad when it was bombed, or some north African being bombed because you live near ISIS? To have your family killed or whatever, plus being injured yourself, while westerners justify this and don't give a shit about the fact that you're collateral damage?

I'm not trying to be sentimental, I'm just like you guys, this is too remote and abstract for me to have a meaningful level of sympathy.

Do you think that there is mass societal delusion when we ignore our countries doing shit like this? There's stuff other than this (e.g. badly treated Chinese workers making our smartphones), but so much gets swept under the rug.

I hate to say it, but Stirner was definitely right about everything.
>>
There is why karma is a silly concept.

Life is just a dice roll. You could have been born as one of the people you described.
>>
>>433716
Most people living in ISIS controlled territories want to be there.
It's their slaves I feel bad for.

What you are imagining is happening in regime held cities. That is where the majority of civilians were being killed by foreign bombing campaigns, at least till the other night.
Now it's people who mostly support ISIS ideologically, and I do feel bad for those who don't wish to be there, and especially the slaves.

if we have agreed ISIS has to go then rather than a month long bombing campaign there should be a jointly coordinated desert storm style offensive.

Clean them out in 3 days, reinstate the regime and guarantee autonomy for the kurds, as they have in Iraq.

It's the only hope there is for a secular Syria that isn't a fracture state living with an un-easy peace with the caliphate.
>>
>>433716
>"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die."
>>
It really is depressing when you put yourself in their shoes, but l ultimately write it off because better them than us.

Plus, it's a lot easier to ignore for me because people like the Palestinians are practically doing it themselves. If you purposely put yourself in harm's way, that's on you. Plus, the collateral damage you hear about on the news is actually enemy combatants more often than not.
>>
>>433749#

This.

Bomb hits a munitions dump and kills 3 fighters and the kids they got to load the magazines in between rapings. Clear the guns and bullets away, parade the mangled corpses on camera, bam, instant evil crusaders deliberately killing muslim children.
>>
I only feel bad for the Christians.

I firmly believe all Muslims either support or sympathize with Isis.
>>
>>433769
what about shia or sufi muslims? you know, the ones getting slaughtered
>>
>>433749
>>433760
The really funny thing is the strongest advocates for invading other countries would go batshit crazy with consuming fury if anyone tried to invade their own, under whatever pretense at all.
>>
>>433769

You're a dumbass.
>>
>>433769
I take it that you've missed the fact that muslims of all denominations make up the vast majority of Daesh's victims...
>>
>>433769
>I firmly believe all Muslims either support or sympathize with Isis.
kys
>>
>>433779
or the freaking kurds
>>
>>433769
the ones fighting isis?
>>
>>435784
only whitey deserves to die
i suggest you check your privilege and fuck off back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>433749

Yes. Look how close the palestinians put their cities and olive trees to the israelis settlements.
They're just taunting them.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.