[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/-approved videogames thread? /his/-approved videogames thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: PTSDsimulator.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
PTSDsimulator.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
/his/-approved videogames thread?

/his/-approved videogames thread.
>>
Russians with MKBs the game

Picking up enemy weapons is good. Starting with them is obscene.
>>
File: 3360x1050[1].jpg (876 KB, 3360x1050) Image search: [Google]
3360x1050[1].jpg
876 KB, 3360x1050
>>
>>257462

>tfw only started playing in 2014
>tfw 1000+ hours

who /deity/ here?
>>
>>257436
war thunder
>>
>>257436
Here's your approval:
Read books instead of playing videogames.
>>
File: header.jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
35 KB, 460x215
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGWWB3OH3uQ
>>
>>257436
when are they gonna bloody finish heroes of the west already
>>
>>257499
>2015
>Read books
>>
File: jewmaster.jpg (80 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
jewmaster.jpg
80 KB, 333x500
>>257506
>>
>>257436
Spec Ops: The Line
>>
>>257506
>Cossacks
>Elite cavalry

/his/-approved, my ass.
>>
>>257462
>pure fantasy
>/his/ approved
Why not just Total War: Warhammer then?
>>
>>257436
Is that red orchestra?
>>
>>257436
>german team
>mg34 and mg42 which until recently had no recoil
>just a dp28 or an mg34 if you're high level

The only reason I play this is because the first game is dead.
>>
>>257506
History's first shitpost.
>>
>>257462
Dude no.
>>
>>257506
>memeversalis
Fuck off
>>
>>257525
>>257544
>>257576
>>257591
Hello /gsg/
>>
>>257544
even if they were treated as expendable cavalry (pretty much like every other soldier in the russian empire) they were capable of vicious attacks and were probably the best the russian had to offer when it comes to cavalry and ironically they weren't even russian in the true sense of the word.
>>
>>257633
Wouldn't /gsg/ promote the game instead of bashing it?
>>
Rising Storm >>>>>>>>>> RO2
>>
>>257898
>Chinks and Ameriblubbers
No.
>>
>>257886
>wouldn't /mu/ promote music instead of bashing it?
>>
File: emblem-XVII[1].jpg (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
emblem-XVII[1].jpg
16 KB, 200x200
>>257634
>even if they were treated as expendable cavalry (pretty much like every other soldier in the russian empire) they were capable of vicious attacks and were probably the best the russian had to offer when it comes to cavalry and ironically they weren't even russian in the true sense of the word.

Later on in Russian Empire cossack forces became pretty much light cavalry but I'm pretty sure even original Russian Don Cossacks have not originally been mounted. However, Zaporozhian Cossacks which are clearly shown in the trailer were almost completely infantry. Back in the day Khmelnitsky even had to ally with much hated Crimeans purely because they could provide light cavalry cossacks had always had a shortage of. Their strength came from huge amount of firearms used and general bravery bordering with insanity.

There's a reason Zaporozhian Host's emblem was cossack with musket.
>>
Crusader Kings 2 is pretty fun. Lots of historical figures waiting to be kekolded and murdered in their sleep.
>>
>>258111
Didn't know this, I was sure as hell than cossack = cavalry. Sure I fell for the meme.
>>
Video games are slow intellectual death. They are addictive. I speak from experience.
The day after fallout 4 came out, can you imagine what class attendance looked like? How many people are putting down the controller to actually read you think?
>>
>>258191
That's more about Fallout than videogames in general, Fallout series hasn't been good since like 1999.
>>
>>258191
>controller
What do you expect from console plebs.
>>
>>258191
they wouldnt read even if they had no access to games
>>
>>258216
>>/v/
>>
>>257445

The Mkb's were egregious and out of place, for sure. Couple of other guns too, as well as the mags on the PPSH's.

Starting with enemy guns was an unlock, though; It makes a good deal of sense, as soldiers often ended up with captured arms as the war dragged on. Lots of pictures of Nazis with PPSH's.
>>
>>257462
>fictional leaders

Nah it's crap
>>
>>258191
>play vidya
>also study history, philosophy, science

It's not hard. The problem is when vidya gets layered on top of Facebook, TV, and social lives it just contributes to wasting all your time.

Luckily, I don't watch TV or have a social life, only my shitposting and vidya as non academic distractions.
>>
>>257462
No
>>
File: header.jpg (32 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
32 KB, 460x215
>>
Holy shit i'm so excited for bannerlord

For those that don't know, the mount and blade games generally take place in a fictional world that's allegorical to the real world, and bannerlord is taking place sometime around 860 iirc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-wYZvApOmE
>>
File: OkamiNTSCcoverFinal.jpg (49 KB, 256x325) Image search: [Google]
OkamiNTSCcoverFinal.jpg
49 KB, 256x325
>>257436
>/his/-approved videogames thread
Humanities approved
>>
What do you guys think about age of empires 3? I bought it on sale on steam for like $7 and only played the tutorial. Is it accurate? Obviously, it won't replace reading and audio books.
>>
>>258355
Fuck you, you got me hyped now. It looks so good!
>>
>>258279
>The Mkb's were egregious and out of place, for sure. Couple of other guns too, as well as the mags on the PPSH's.

MKB 42 was in battlefield testing at the end of 1942 so it's precence is so and so. I believe PPsH had the both the drum and straight mag from the start as earlier russian SMGs had problems with their drum mags
>>
>>258385
One of the biggest balance issues in the previous games was that cavalry hitting infantry would completely cancel the horses momentum, although you could kill the guy you rammed with force, you basically had to stop the cavalry charge. This was counter balanced by allowing men to stab and shoot through their allies with spears and arrows, meaning lance cavalry was kinda op unless the enemy was defending a fort or it was a mountainous region.

As you can see in the trailor you can push your soldiers aside now, meaning cavalry will probably not get bricked walled by infantry anymore. I doubt this will mean stabbing enemies through your allies is fixed, but the games are always moddable so it could be fixed with mods later on.
>>
>>258359
>3

The least accurate of the series. The campaigns are all fiction.
>>
What /his/ games aren't just about fuckinnnnn warfare duuuude
>>
>>258441
None
>>
>>258339
THIS
>>
Bear with me now.

The game is set in 1910 and the events depicted by gameplay are not historically accurate, but in-universe this is intentional. The bounty hunter protagonist is making up stories to try to make one of the people he's telling the stories to make a slip and correct him, because said person is an outlaw he's in pursuit of.

The game broadly follows a history of famous outlaws and gunslingers in the old West, and contains collectibles called 'Nuggets of Truth' that unlock explanations of the real life individuals and events behind the game's story.
>>
File: aoe.jpg (914 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aoe.jpg
914 KB, 1920x1080
BASED AGE OF EMPIRES
>>
>>258441
Crusader Kings II comes to mind
>>
EUROPA
BARBARORUM
>>
>>258441
Assassin's creed probably. The story is laughable-tier for historical accuracy, but most the people are placed in the right time period and the cities are mostly reconstructed correctly. Not in Brotherhood though, way too much baroque before baroque was even around.
>>
>>258477
GLORIOUS
BAKTRIAN
EMPIRE
>>
>>258486
too bad Brotherhood is the best game in the series aside from that
>>
>>258496
Yeah that's the sad thing. Gameplay- and settingwise Brotherhood was probably one of, if not the best game in the series.
>>
>>258486
>the cities are mostly reconstructed correctly
This is honestly the only reason I play AC games, the settings are beyond beautiful. I try to ignore the cultural marxist narrative as much as I can and ignore the storyline altogether (although I do that with every videogame).
>>
File: v playing a game.jpg (122 KB, 700x437) Image search: [Google]
v playing a game.jpg
122 KB, 700x437
>>258493
>tfw you have to run away from baktra because horsefuckers and seleucids bully you
>tfw you discover the different indianized hellenistic units
>mfw how the eugenisis hoplitai indohellenikoi look in their regalia.
baktria best successor state.
>>
File: dakka dakka dakka.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dakka dakka dakka.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1080
>>258505
well I suppose there's also ACIV but ACIV was basically great because it wasn't trying to be Assassin's Creed but instead more like the logical modern extension of the gameplay of Sid Meier's Pirates!

Speaking of which.
>>
>>258441
- The Last Express (Murder mystery on the Orient Express on the eve of World War 1)
- QVADRIGA (Roman charriot racing)
- Children of the Nile (historical city builder)
- The Guild 1,2 or soon 3 (medieval economy, politics and intrigue simulator)
- Expeditions: Conquistador (kind of warfare, but focuses a lot on the RPG part. Not entirely historically accurate)
>>
>>258517
Yeah definitely, Unity gets a lot of (undoubtly deserved) flack for launchissues and persistent bugs, but you can't deny it is graphically one of the most impressive games to have been made today.
>>
File: pirates of the caribbean.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
pirates of the caribbean.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>258540
The Pirates of the Caribbean game was great with mods if you want ship stuff. The mods made every island accurate, and added some historic stuff to do instead of the main campaign (which was silly).
>>
File: tropico 5.png (488 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
tropico 5.png
488 KB, 512x512
>>257499
This.

But I will say, as far as video games go, this is the most accurate depiction of politics out there.
>>
I wanna play a game set in the Roman era but isn't TW: Rome or TW: Rome 2 - Senatorial Boogaloo.

Any suggestions?
>>
Why do we have such shit standards when it comes to videogames?

Like everyone flips their shit about movies (Patriot, Braveheart, Gladiator etc) being inaccurate but then you ask what games are /his/ approved and one of the first answers is fucking Civilization.
>>
>>257436
Game is a joke.
>>
One more recommendation for you guys: Banished. Not really completely historical, but it is instead focused on building up a town with limited resources and harsh survival settings. I personally loved playing it, especially because it is really hard to truly 'win' per se. Mods make it even better, especially Colonial Charter, which gives the whole game a colonial theme.

The new update for the game should be out soon and it goes on sale (inb4 yarr harr, this is a game made by one guy all by himself) regularly.
>>
>>257544
Not officially elite, but they were of impeccable quality.
>>
>>258586
games are fluid and movies are rigid. Games can always be altered by the audience, movies cannot. That's the short answer.
>>
>>258581
Ryse the son of Rome.

It sucks utter cock in both accuracy and game mechanics but well, it's Roman era.
>>
>>258573
What's great about tropico is music though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xn3L1OQlWs
>>
>>258586
Apart from >>258596 what accurate games do you suggest?
>>
File: Victoria2boxart.jpg (17 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
Victoria2boxart.jpg
17 KB, 250x350
>>
>>258581
try civcity: Rome or Caesar IV. Or any Roman city builder, I believe there's a number of them. If you want something less warfare-y but still strategy-focused than TW you should look into Europa Universalis: Rome. It's a bit old though, most of these games are.
>>
>>258617
Based.
>>
>>258603
Hearts of Iron 3
>>
>>258586
It was a joke answer, most likely
>>
I think this thread needs less history and more humanities
>>
>>258599
The music is so fucking good. But what I love is that the stupid gaming of the system is appropriate.

In 4, I would bulldoze pristine rainforest to build wind power plants to make the environmental lobby happy. And at first I thought that was stupid, and then I realized no.

That's what el presidente would do, and it WOULD make environmentalists happy.
>>
>Civilization
>Total War
>AoE
>fucking Call of Juarez of all things

I don't like abusing the word pleb, but you guys are indeed absolute plebs.

Hearts of Iron
Il-2 Sturmovik
Wargame: Red Dragon
Operation Flashpoint

This is probably the best it gets. The last two games are technically about a hypothetical scenario but they follow historical realities of their settings.
>>
>>258653
>The Hitler Channel's game recs

who's the pleb?
>>
>>258662
I never watched Hitler Channel, calm your autism.

It just so happens that some of the most historically accurate games are related to military and WW2 in particular, even though I'm not really a fanboy of that era.
>>
>>258355
More like the 4th-5th centuries, I think. There's still an entity in the game analogous to the Wesern empire.
>>
>people actually talking about enjoying video games
Why is /v/ so shit
>>
>>258623
Cheers
>>
File: anerta.jpg (120 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
anerta.jpg
120 KB, 900x900
>>258695
because they're mini-/pol/
>>
Men of War Assault Squad 2
Wargame Red Dragon
Victoria 2
>>
>>258695
>people are enjoying things waaaaaahhh
>>
>>258705
>shark face
>playing games
nice try Mcintosh
>>
>>258705
They're more like /pol/ mixed with /r9k/

Also I legit don't understand why people still go on /v/. It was shit 5 years ago and it's still shit.
>>
>>258695
Because its what people upgrade to after /b/
>>
>>257506
Europa Universalis is the awkward middle child between Crusader Kings and Victoria. It has none of the roleplaying and dynastic narratives that you have in CK2 and none of the actually complex state building that you do in Vicky II. Pure garbage.
>>
>>258735
This. EU is just map painting: the game.
>>
>>258715
Learn to read
I'm saying this is a great and unusual thing for people who spend their time on /v/
Most of /v/ is people arguing about and talking shit about vidya, it's refreshing to see /his/ talking about them in a fun manner
>>
>>258742
>>258735
>Europa Universalis
Map painting

>CK2
The Sims: medieval edition

>Vicky 2
>Hearts of Iron 3
Pure unadultered autism
>>
>>257436
Civilization 2,3,4.

Civilization 5 is a fucking disgrace though. Avoid it.
>>
>>258744
Oooohhh

>tfw I'm the one to break your immersion into a peaceful discussion of vidya

Actually sorry senpai
>>
>>258744
/v/ spends most of its time bitching about what people say on twitter more than talk about vidya.

Late night you can still find some decent threads though, as long as its not for popular shit.
>>
>>258339
Played way too much of this.
>>
>>258720
look I think Shark Creasin is full of shit too but you know what else she is

not a video game

and if it wasn't for /v/ she wouldn't be relevant, either. She'd have just made her shitty videos for her diehard retard fans and quietly fucked off to go protest bra cup sizes as being an 'oppressive metric of patriarchy-enforced beauty' or something
>>
>>258653
>wargame is for history grognards
>europa barbarorum is for plebs
no anon. you are the pleb.
Close combat series is where its at
>>
>>258729
the rts threads are pretty good
>>
>>258790
Europa Barbarorum is a fucking mod you liberal bitch, the vanilla version developers created is pretty much a load of horseshit.
>>
File: 2fjLE7mO_400x400.png (232 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
2fjLE7mO_400x400.png
232 KB, 400x400
>>258781
>/v/'s a bunch of self hurting edgelord retards
>more news at eleven
still this man kills the shark and the jellow fever beaver
>>
>>258767
/v/ has amazing threads for things that aren't video games or social justice
Deep sea threads, spooky threads, space threads, history threads, mineral threads, nuke threads, etc
Most of those are best found at night
>>
>>258810
I got sick of seeing this man's smug face during all that GamerGate shit
>>
>>258799
and that changes my point how?
no one plays total war games for the base game.
the best regarded mods have always been historical.
you know nothing about the total war community and how autistic it can be.
Wargames is far more plebian by comparison
>>
>>258820
do you prefer sargon's semitic neck beard?
>>
bare with me here, but I think Fallout.
I think it does a good job of representing a retro futuristic america if the cold war went south
>>
File: A78B21F2EF68461F9AAD033502DE6365.jpg (454 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
A78B21F2EF68461F9AAD033502DE6365.jpg
454 KB, 1920x1200
Out of my way casual fucking shits
>>
>>258856
Fallout only combines various visual styles.

>Googie / Raygun gothic 50s
>Mad Max post-apocalyptic 80s with wastelands populated by nomadic raiders wearing leather jackets and mohawks
>>
>>258653
IL-2 Sturmovik

Now we're talking.
I need to mention Rise of flight too. Dog fighting was fuking insane. Literally insane. That game made me understood why part of the pilot training was spinning on a chair until you get sick. Strafing is the best too.
>>
>>258925
>played IL-2 sturmovik for about a year
>still didn't manage to land on a carrier
some things are never meant to happen
>>
>>258889
is dat sum WITP
>>
>>258889
>war in the pacific
Is there anything like it on steam?
>>
>>258744
Everyone has better vidya threads than /v/.

Fucking /k/ of all places has better vidya threads than /v/ if you can ignore the gun autism.
>>
File: 459967-c_008.jpg (291 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
459967-c_008.jpg
291 KB, 1024x819
used to spent ungodly amounts of time on this game
good game
>>
File: 47062_t26advance_medium.jpg (78 KB, 1000x572) Image search: [Google]
47062_t26advance_medium.jpg
78 KB, 1000x572
>>258998
urrrraaaa

CMAK was my favorite i think, the italian part, US-GER seemed quite balanced unlike BB with its SOV-GER... CMBO was okayish in terms of gameplay but butt ugly
>>
>>258975
/v/ is just a bunch of people circle jerking about how much they hate games because they arent good enough
>>
>>258454
i got the HD version so i could play multiplayer with the lads, bretty good.
have you tried any of the expansions to the HD? they add slavs and the latest one adds africans i think.
>>
>>258441
Wargame: red dragon, alternate history cold war 70s 80s conflict, the units are mostly accurate, the rest is complete fiction, nice battles though.
>>
World War 2 Online still exists.
Pretty sure that makes it historic by itself.
>>
>>259051
>Wargame: red dragon, alternate history cold war 70s 80s conflict, the units are mostly accurate, the rest is complete fiction, nice battles though.

> What /his/ games aren't just about fuckinnnnn warfare duuuude

>Wargame: red dragon, alternate history cold war 70s 80s conflict, the units are mostly accurate, the rest is complete fiction, nice battles though.

> What /his/ games aren't just about fuckinnnnn warfare duuuude

>Wargame: red dragon

> aren't just about fuckinnnnn warfare

>Wargame
>>
>>259072
Whatever

Also, how could I fucking forget?
SUDDEN STRIKE! Damn I miss that game.
>>
>>258813
>good history threads
>on /v/
>ever
The best place for history before /his/ was always /k/ or /tg/.
>>
S T E E L P A N T H E R S
>>
>>258813
>/v/ has amazing threads
>for anything ever
Nyet.
>>
File: Alejandro Pintado.jpg (181 KB, 833x1200) Image search: [Google]
Alejandro Pintado.jpg
181 KB, 833x1200
Has someone played Expeditions: Conquistador? Maybe no the most accurate game ever, since it's alternative history for the sake of gameplay, but really gets you into the vibe of being exploring the new world with your lads.
>>
>>258925
Rise of Flight is great, also made me appreciate the courage needed to fly in an airplane that might loose it wings in a steep dive, and having no parachute.
>>
>>258191
>want to play it
>have to wait until vacations
>assholes already spoiled it all to me
>>
>>257886
You clearly have never been to /gsg/
>>
File: Red Baron_1.png (23 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
Red Baron_1.png
23 KB, 320x200
Red Baron from Dynamix is a god-tier dogfighting game. It had amazing graphics for the time, you could record missions, which you could build from scratch, dogfight aces, see all the aircraft of the WW1 in (at the time) glorious 3D. I still haven't encountered a better flight simulation apart from autism-heaven that is Flight Simulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g57AvLs7sRc
>>
>>259190
You clearly have not seen any of the threads I mentioned
>>
>>258191

you lack discipline
>>
File: ana.jpg (45 KB, 412x607) Image search: [Google]
ana.jpg
45 KB, 412x607
>>259206
>with your lads
>not having cute girls in your party who [spoiler]/ss/ the native boys[/spoiler]
>>
>>259288
Red Baron is fun as fuck, but I don't know much about flight sims. Any other that have a career mode like RB? Also, I found it easier to play with the keyboard than with the joystick.
>>
>>258355
Haven't looked at updates to this in a year or so but now I am fully erect. Thanks
>>
>>259401
I played it more with a keyboard too. Still do from time to time. It had the perfect balance of difficulty and realism, and it could be adjusted too.

Other great games that are basically just set in a historic timeframe, for me, are Imperialism, and Imperislism 2. They're more resource management games than anything historical but they were fun and had good music
>>
>>259294
I've seen them, and they're OK at best.
>>
>>259288
>>259401
WINGS Over Flanders Fields has a god tier career mode, but the flight model is antiquated. (It's a CFS3 mod)
Rise of Flight has god tier physics, but the career mode and AI pilots are mediocre.
Some of the original Red baron team is supposedly working on a sequel.
>>
File: Anacaona.jpg (179 KB, 833x1200) Image search: [Google]
Anacaona.jpg
179 KB, 833x1200
>>259306
>not reserving all the love for your qt native loli

[spoiler]I killed her in the end[/spoiler]
>>
How about Pathologic?

Maybe more /lit/ than /his/.
>>
>>259441
>Some of the original Red baron team is supposedly working on a sequel.
They've made a big push this year to do a new version, but their kickstarter campaign didn't raise enough cash. I felt they've asked for too much cash, and if Rock Paper Shotgun are to be believed they left far short of a time window for it and didn't advertise it enough.

They own the rights to the name though, apparently at some point no one was sure who holds them after all the mergers and buy outs
>>
>>259507
They were going to do it without kickstarter or try a new kickstarter. Something like that.
>>
>>259541
looking forward to it if it happens
>>
>>259067
Game is still dead and f2p players are useless. Don't even bother with it.
>>
File: 195996982.jpg (66 KB, 260x343) Image search: [Google]
195996982.jpg
66 KB, 260x343
>>258646
Did someone say humanities?
>>
File: pt.jpg (41 KB, 404x502) Image search: [Google]
pt.jpg
41 KB, 404x502
>>259578
nigga please
>>
File: 1445113052057.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445113052057.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
>>259599
Why is Avellone so based?
>>
>>258153
cossack are the name of a people not just a regiment.
they had troops in all the trees of warfare but they're mostly known for their light cavalry like >>258111 said due to their violent and often reckless attacks and surprise charges.
they weren't as good as the scottish greys for example, nor as disciplined as the french dragoons but they sure were good at ambushing (and raping, looting and being anti-semitic as fuck)

napoleon lost many men during his russian campaign thanks to the cossacks who kept on rushing and ambushing the retreating troops all the way from moscow to paris.

but in the end they were pretty good soldiers,even if they lack the moral principles and valours of other nations professional soldiers - and that was a problem for stalin who decided to kill them all because genocide is always cool.some still exist and ironically lick putin's balls and behave like fucking lap dogs

>link related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiw0fw_sJOk
>pic related:ancient b8
>>
>>258447
pretty good and severly underrated gem.
probably the best or at least top3 best coj games.
>>
>>258749
a sims: medieval edition actually exists - and it's probably the best sims game i've ever played since they're all pretty shit though
>>
>>259206
>>259306
>>259490
i've heard they are working on a similar game at the moment; vikings i think
>>
>>258705
fug

disgusting
>>
File: disgusted pepe.jpg (9 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
disgusted pepe.jpg
9 KB, 251x242
>>259898
>vikings

Unoriginal and predictive t.b.h. Dissapointing coming from a game with an original theme like this one. They should have continued with the conquistador thing, or moved to french, american or portuguese explorers.
>>
Blazing Angels fans in here? Ignoring the top secret Norwegian mission, what do you think?
>>
File: screenshot-1433800577620.png.jpg (230 KB, 542x470) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-1433800577620.png.jpg
230 KB, 542x470
stand the fuck back niggers
>>
>>259934
IT'S GONNA BE A TURKEY-SHOOT
>>
>>259853
>and that was a problem for stalin who decided to kill them all

Stalins problem with them was that they were monarchist, they are very proud of their religion and their heritage. Most sided against the reds and this was a problem. A major problem early on was that they were very anti-semitic, and most of the Red leaders in the civil war were Jewish.
>>
File: post.jpg (211 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
post.jpg
211 KB, 1024x640
>tfw you'll never rule a post-revolutionary fictional Central American nation
>tfw you'll never lead the oligarch party to brutal domination of the filthy campesino gommies with military death-squads
>>
>>259098
>SUDDEN STRIKE

mah nigga, same with the blitzkrieg games
>>
>>260188
Never heard about that one, but I enjoy going full Pinochet on the commies in Tropico.
>>
>>260229
It's pretty cool, you'll probably need DOSbox to play it though

If you manage to win using the policies of the oligarch party you have my respect since it's nearly impossible
>>
>>260229
I play as Manny Calavera and just do what's best and gives more cash.
>>
>>258617
Good taste.
>>
>>260251
Manny Calavera is the greatest character I've ever encountered in any game I have played over these 20+ years Ive been playing on the computer
>>
>>259883
I'm interested, should I pirate it? Can you off anybody?
>>
>>258588
They're updating it?
>>
What are some good economy focused games, similar to Victoria 2?
>>
>>260293
Superpower 2
Supreme Ruler
>>
>>260293
the guy who was behind civ 2 (or civ 3, cant remember) was making a game where you colonize mars - you cant wage war - well not directly, but you do it mostly by fighting over controlling of the resources you iether mine or produce

cant remember the name or wheter it is finished at all thougfh
>>
>>260311
Planetbase?
>>
>>260319
no, but similar
>>
>>259980
11 is the best in the series. Also shu best.
>>
>>258735
>victoria "liquor factory simulator 2015" 2
>complex
holy kek
>>
File: Best Historical Game.jpg (32 KB, 562x322) Image search: [Google]
Best Historical Game.jpg
32 KB, 562x322
>>257436
There is nothing more /his/-approved then pic related. It even beats out Red Orchestra 2
>>
>>260319
this one
http://www.offworldgame.com/
>>
>>260293
railroad tycoon 3
>>
>>260361
False. I played it for 30 minutes and then fucking got a refund because it was so clunky and not even close to WWI combat. At least red orchestra has the basis right, the only thing accurate about that game is that trenches exist
>>
>>260377
explain yourself
>>
>>260395
I just did. The UI is stupid, the class bases are stupid, it's just a fast paced back and forth, gas isn't used properly and the player count is too fucking small
>>
File: The End of Germany.png (847 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
The End of Germany.png
847 KB, 1600x1200
>>257633
Hello, pic related is probably the worst grand-strategy game that exists
>>
>>260375
railroad tycoon 2 is much better in my opinion, though that might be nostalgia talking.

have you played Transport Tycoon, or even better, the oped version? Autism gets waved around here willy nilly, but that game is amazing example
>>
>>260404
>The UI is stupid
Nope
>the class bases are stupid
It's actually interesting as it gives you a dynamic experience when you play
>it's just a fast paced back and forth
I'm sorry that people don't have all day for a single battle
>gas isn't used properly
Don't know much about this, but you're probably right
>and the player count is too fucking small
True, but that's because there aren't many players. It's not a AAA title like Battlefront, and it's not free to pay, so it's bound to have a limited player count
>>
>>260425
rc2's economy is much more simple than rc3's
>>
>>260437
>Nope
Yes?
>dynamic experience when you play
I mean if that's what you want to call it
>all day for a single battle
Then play fucking red orchestra
>probably right
I am
>>
Dynasty Warriors
>>
What's a good naval warfare game? Not just combat wise preferably, I want maintenance and shit
>>
>>260361
I was going to mention this but with a huge grain of salt attached.
>>260404
>>260452
What are you looking for in a WWI game? Do you want to wait a literal week for a artillery bombardment to stop? Just sit in a hole for 2 days doing nothing when you are not being attacked? Just chill with a gas-mask on as you wait for gas to come from the opposing trench into yours? Though accurate it wouldn't be not exactly wholesome fun. I do agree that the UI is shit, but it still is a beta so there is time to fix it. The whole fluid uniform thing pisses me off. The game is not the most accurate thing out there but at least it gives one a general feel for what the active parts of the war felt like.
>>
>>260546
*Though accurate, it would not be...

fucked up there
>>
I love Rome TW but i'm tiggered by some inaccuracies on the vanilla version. Was there literally any to have Rome be seperated into three factions? Or how about the weird naming conventions for the Roman families? Egypt was the most glaring inaccuracy however.
>>
>>260568
*literally any reason messed up.
>>
>>260477
You could check out some of the games in the Silent Hunter series if you're into submarines. A friend recommended them to me a few years back, but I haven't played any of them myself.
>>
Has anyone played Unity of Command?
>>
>>258454

I still play every now and then. Got the HD version on sale.

>tfw you literally have two games in your Steam library

feelsgoodman
>>
>>260657
I have and it's hard as fuck, I can't get past the stalingrad mission for the germans. Definitely can be fun since it doesn't require too much time.

>>260568
I think it was the best way to later represent the civil war.
>>
>>259206
i played the first campaign, for some reason lost interest when I got to mexico though. It was great for what i played
>>
File: CITY MANAGEMENT.png (282 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
CITY MANAGEMENT.png
282 KB, 640x480
>>257436
>>259980

doubt anyone here has played this, but pic related is my absolute favorite. fantastic game.
>>
File: TROOP MOVEMENT.gif (56 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
TROOP MOVEMENT.gif
56 KB, 640x480
>>260835

war was tiring but in the end rewarding.
>>
>>260546
I just watched a video of gameplay,

It does not represent trench warfare, possibly mobile warfare.

But as you said, even a 50% realistic trench warfare game would be extremely unentertaining.
>>
>>259043

lost empires added. like 8 new civs and African kingdoms added another 4. both are pretty good as each also adds new campaigns too.
>>
File: 1447637684946.jpg (591 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1447637684946.jpg
591 KB, 1600x900
>tfw no one will ever make a good Thirty Years War game
>tfw will never be Louis XIV, THE FUCKING SUN KING, and fuck spaniards, germans, and the whole of europe
>tfw never be a cavalier with a sick ass wheellock and ride dangerously close to pikes and firing into the lines
>tfw never be catholic german removing protestant scum
Seriously, why does no one love the 1600's? I can't be the only one? Siege of Vienna best day of my life. Venice v. Ottoman horde pls

Am I just looking in the wrong places or do people just ignore this era?
>>
Hey guys. I am currently building a /his/ based Vietnam war game. It's aimed to be educational so I thought it would be better posted here than /v/. Basically what do you think should be in it? I have a bunch of scenarios planned (hamburger hill, Khe Sanh and Hue city) but beyond that and a basic ruleset I don't know.

> inb4 fortunate son
>>
File: header.jpg (47 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
47 KB, 460x215
>only war games can be historical

How plebian can you get?
>>
File: 1457268658.jpg (12 KB, 294x313) Image search: [Google]
1457268658.jpg
12 KB, 294x313
>>258617
>Be me, Chinese Emperor
>Work to unite and accept the Wind's of change to kick out the European Barbarians
>Do so
>Smoke of factories covers the skies
>Build Empire from Manchuria, to Seoul, to Saigon.
>Liberalize to bring Democracy to my people
>Leading World Power
>Boxers pissed
>Boxers kidnap and klil tourists to remove Imperialism
>mfw Imperialism removed decades ago
>mfw They made China the Target of the Great War
>mfw China collapsed and became a Third World Shithole.
>>
>>261070
How can you shoot at women and children?
>>
File: 2015-05-21_00001.jpg (333 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-21_00001.jpg
333 KB, 1360x768
>>261106
This could have been you fag
>>
>>258357
Greatest ps2 game, and I'll fight anyone who even thinks they can prove otherwise.
>>
>>261129
Well, I was planning on having civilian populations in each square which could be killed through collateral damage
>>
>>261070
fortunate son
>>
>>258599
Yeah, I dont play it in about 2-3 years and I still sing "Cuba te llama, oíe la musica"
>>
File: iu-2.png (825 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
iu-2.png
825 KB, 1280x720
>>261160
>>
>>258599
This. I loved it exclusively because of its music and charm.
>>
>>260649
This this this
Get Silent Hunter 3 to be exact
Install The Grey Wolves mod, Silent Hunter 3 Commander, and the little file that lets those two mods interact
Game is incredible
>>
>>261133
Well, to be fair, I did get Britain to free India in a war prior to the Boxer's Rebellion, and I took Korea and Dai Nam. You did not. So take that
>>
Vietcong is my all time favorite single player fps.
>>
File: iu-5.jpg (1 MB, 3825x2812) Image search: [Google]
iu-5.jpg
1 MB, 3825x2812
>>261242
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuYL-keoGvU
>that soundtrack
>>
>>261238
(I did actually, that pic has a free India, which was me)

sry
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (102 KB, 322x456) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
102 KB, 322x456
anyone?
>>
>>261302
Fuck, now I'm going to have to get the disk out again.
>>
>>261070
Custom scenarios
>>
>>261159
>golden fury
>brown rage
>>
>>261279
I meant you did not take Korea and Dai Nam. Take them while Westernizing, the Europeans are too preoccupied to intervene, and they have no spheres there yet.
>>
Ryze: Son of Rome

[spoiler]how many people did I trigger with that[/spoiler]
>>
>>260568
because by itself rome would be OP as fuck (not that it wasn't already fucking urban cohort shit)

and the technology/memory wasn't there to create a civil war in any other way
>>
File: 000266s11.jpg (74 KB, 600x364) Image search: [Google]
000266s11.jpg
74 KB, 600x364
>>261302
Them dynamic borders
>>
the multiplayer for M&B: Nappy Wars is fun as fuck if you get into a regiment/guild or whatever they're called

commander battles are also fun but a little clunky and difficult to get used to giving orders at first.

you would actually volley fire and shit its great.
>>
File: Fuck yeah, Cossacks.png (683 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Fuck yeah, Cossacks.png
683 KB, 1024x768
Anybody else like Cossacks? Sequel soon.
>>
>>261302

Been playing it all day.
>>
>>261421
Joining a regiment is literally what killed Napoleonic Wars for me. It was fun as fuck to just mess around with friends in the public servers, so I got pretty decent and decided to join.
It was just pure fucking unadulterated prime-cut autism all the way down. This was a few years ago so I was around 19, and other than a friend who joined with me everyone else was 12-16 and terminally autistic. Retarded high-school edgelords who thought they were history buffs and had absolutely no idea what they were doing.
>>
File: Operational Art of War III.jpg (475 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Operational Art of War III.jpg
475 KB, 1024x732
Is there any love on /his/ for The Operation Art of War III?
>>
>>261490
sounds like you joined a regiment of fuckheads

I'm sorry your past experience was so bad, but anecdotal evidence doesn't cut it
>>
File: 59639_front.jpg (215 KB, 767x1087) Image search: [Google]
59639_front.jpg
215 KB, 767x1087
This game was 2addictive4me
>>
File: based brazil.png (725 KB, 5616x2160) Image search: [Google]
based brazil.png
725 KB, 5616x2160
>>258617
This is basically my Brazil campaign (My file was deleted, so this is approximately what it looked like... I can't remember what Europe and Africa looked like)
>be Brazil
>start a fuckload of wars of expansion with based Chile
>get Brit Bongs to help from time to time
>Take Liberia
>Make Argentina and Bolivia useless states
>did all this with a liberal government (first campaign so had no clue could change government)
>by the end all of Europe is either fascist or communist
>feels good
>>
>>261492
Looks hard to get into.
>>
>>261629
Yeah, it's definitely on the same difficulty as a paradox game such as Vicky 2 or HOI 3 if you're new, but it's definitely an easier and more forgiving "simulator"
>>
>>261653
It looks easy on the system requirements though.
>>
>>261662
It sure is, kek. I do recommend Unity of Command though. Super easy to learn, UI and gfx look slick af and has a great SP campaign
>>
>>258599
If you guys got Pandora or similar genre music services, just search up "Latin Jazz," and it's all of the same stuff. I've been jamming out to some shitty homework and it's pretty great, though I'd rather be playing Tropico on my birthday than doing shitty statistical work.
>>
File: Dark Souls Black knight.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls Black knight.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1080
>>258646

>humanities
>>
>>259206
>>259306
>>259490
>tfw can't effectively waifu the girl recruit from Hispaniola who gets kidnapped and you then rescue from being sacrificed
>>
>>261058
Pike and Shot
>>
>>261492
i have never understood the "time wheel" or whatever its called
>>
>>258486
>cities constructed correctly
>cities

Just the cities. The although the frontier was acceptably accurate in AC3, AC4 felt quite a bit off, and Rogue was a fucking disgrace. New York is actually acceptable, but the "River Valley" and "North Atlantic" areas trigger me with the horrible disregard for ANY accuracy whatsoever.

They game was still kind of fun, and was nice to actually have a game set in a time period that's not absolutely overdone, considering we had pirates, the two "freedum" revolutions, and Victorian london. All we need now is feudal japan and one of the world wars.
>>
File: 1393997700726.gif (1017 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
1393997700726.gif
1017 KB, 500x331
>>260405
Same event happened earlier today in my Ethiopian game

>tfw Japan won't let their girls get BLACKED.

But yes Kaiserreich is literally meme shit
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
20 KB, 480x360
WOOD NEEDED
>>
>>257886
/gsg/ loathes eu4
>>
>>257436
Wee need some humanities on this bitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5U93eyig8w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcoqR9Bwx1Y
>>
File: 2015-11-16_00001.jpg (844 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-16_00001.jpg
844 KB, 1600x1200
Blitzkrieg 1 is still the shit.
>>
>not a single mention of Age of Empires 2

disappointing senpai
>>
>>258279
This. I hate that realism servers have veteran unlocks off by default when it's more realistic for veterans to have the enemy's gun. Even more hilarious when "historians" try defending it on the forum.
>>
>>262607
you mean this>>258454
>>
>>261490
This.
Besides, there's much better mods for Warband
>>
>>259401
If someone created a game with a career mode like red baron, aces of the pacific and aces of europe but with infantry, that would be my dream game.
>>
>>258339
Hearts of Iron 2 was better, I felt. 3 got a bit too complicated for its own good.
>>
>>258355
Napoleonic wars, viking invasion, and Fire and sword expansions are worth looking into and historically accurate
>>
>>257462

Bismarck was one BAMF
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.