[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
German Victory in WW2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: german victory.webm (3 MB, 800x340) Image search: [Google]
german victory.webm
3 MB, 800x340
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSCuE7jmFa4

how accurate is this?
>>
>>426407
fuck off
>>
>>426407
Sieg Heil
>>
>>426407

I haven't watched it, but Germany doesn't have any realistic means of knocking out the UK, let alone the U.S.

The only way they "win" WW2 is to knock out the Soviets, build up a huge fortress Europe, endure strategic bombing for a couple of years, and eventually sign a peace when it becomes clear they aren't going anywhere (and even this is a huge longshot)

In that time, the U.S. uses and deploys the atomic bomb, rendering large areas of Continental Europe baking, irradiated cinders.

Since this doesn't seem to be what the video is about, I'm guessing it's "not accurate at all".
>>
>>426495
Wouldn't it be more plausible for Germany to simply develop an atomic bomb before the Allies?
>>
>>426407

Norway somehow becomes "unoccupied" 2m and 30 seconds in.
>>
>>426693
They actually did
>>
File: 1446562714266.png (852 KB, 842x999) Image search: [Google]
1446562714266.png
852 KB, 842x999
>>426716
explain
>>
>>426407
>how accurate is this?

How could anyone possibly know? Counterfactual history is literally unknowable.
>>
>>426693

>Wouldn't it be more plausible for Germany to simply develop an atomic bomb before the Allies?

Considering that in real life, they never reached where the Allies got in 1942?

No, not really.

And even if they somehow did, they didn't have nearly as much access to Uranium, which limits production, they didn't have a delivery system because they didn't emphasize 4 engined bombers, and even if they did, a single nuke isn't going to win the war. Severely damage a city, sure, but it's not going to cripple any of their major adversaries.

It just means they get nuked back, and much harder.
>>
>>426693
Not really.
>>
>>426779
I'm picturing Hitler getting an atom bomb, thinking about the delivery problem, and then just demanding an even bigger V2.
>>
>>426693

No, the intellectual capital that the Allies obtained gave them a genius edge that could never realistically be crossed.

Plus you know having easy access to the resources to make the bomb.
>>
>>426779
>>426797
>>426808
Ok, I get it.
>>
File: no fro me.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
no fro me.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>426407
>the nazis would massacre innocent civilians in retaliation for insurgency
Lemme guess, they'd also kill 6 gorillion jewish boys with 'masturbation machines'?
>>
>>426720
He saw it in a Manchurian cartoon
>>
File: NIGEL620_1820144a.jpg (99 KB, 620x676) Image search: [Google]
NIGEL620_1820144a.jpg
99 KB, 620x676
>>426693

No for two reasons:

1) Considering they had to fight tooth and nail just to survive as long as they did, they kept taking resources away from research continuously. By the end the atomic bomb program was all but abandoned.

2) It took up until like 1942 for the Germans to actually admit Eistein was right considering the theory of relativity. The reason for this? Einstein was a jew and thus could not possibly be right. The germans spent several years trying to come up with their own "German physics" theory that would override Einsteins. That's how much they let their ideology influence things.
>>
>>426807
I'm picturing the V2 sinking in the English Channel.
>>
>>426407
>how accurate is this?
in-
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.