[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think about the Tank Man? Was he justified?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: pg-31-tiananmen-6-ap.jpg (682 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
pg-31-tiananmen-6-ap.jpg
682 KB, 2048x1536
What does /his/ think about the Tank Man?

Was he justified?
>>
>communist China

Allies not backing the Nationalist Chinese forces in China was a mistake.
>>
>>24606
>Allies not backing the Nationalist Chinese forces in China was a mistake.

That sort of backing meant treating Chinese as expendable hordes of cannon fodder to soak up 30+ divisions of the IJA. You can understand when people realized that either being canon fodder or starving to death was a bum deal.
>>
>>24565
Standing up to the commies? Hell yea he was... he's probably dead tho. If you need to use tanks against your people, you're doing something wrong... interestingly enough, a similar thing happened in the usa during the 20s or 30s... I can't quite remember it's been a while since I read about it... but a bunch of ww1 vets weren't paid for their service and they protested in Washington, and they got tanks turned on them.
>>
File: NORTH KOOOREEAAA.jpg (207 KB, 900x686) Image search: [Google]
NORTH KOOOREEAAA.jpg
207 KB, 900x686
>>24683
Having a weakened China sucking on the wests teat would have been a far better result then what resulted.
>>
That's the sad thing. Nobody is not 'justified' in the Tienanmen Square incident. We have student protesters with viable demands, workers with viable concerns, soldiers who don't want to shoot, and a leadership that has no idea what to do but is very very scared. The historical record on the incident has become very distorted, sadly. It's forgotten in China and treated as a propaganda tool in the west. We probably won't hear a reasoned account of what happened there for decades.
>>
File: The Exit Sign.png (178 KB, 519x647) Image search: [Google]
The Exit Sign.png
178 KB, 519x647
>>24565
Not gonna lie, I know it really looks like civil disobedience. But I like to think dudebro was just coming home after shopping, saw some tanks, and decided that he was just bored enough to fuck with them.

Don't get me wrong, you have to be incredibly bored to fuck with tanks. Bored of doing the same old thing, day in and day out. Bored of listening to the same story from the same people saying that things are better than the were yesterday when they seem pretty much the same as they were last week. Bored of just living, or maybe bored of just existing.

Dude was bored, so whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrQqDqOx3KY
>>
File: 1437608113149.jpg (27 KB, 705x696) Image search: [Google]
1437608113149.jpg
27 KB, 705x696
>we will never know who the tank man is
>>
>>24717
the naked guy was western wasn't he?
>>
>>24834
it was george Harrison you shit
>>
>>24743
This.
My mother witnessed the protest. She just got graduated at the time and some of her liberal friends invited her. She took her bike, and just wanted to watch out of curiosity. When shit hits the fan, people were yelling, claiming that it was time to get the fuck out, she took her bike and escaped with her friends.

It's not overly anti-communist and it's not exclusively about personal freedom. For instance, her friends just wanted to be more vocal and partake in the leadership, i.e. get the old gees out from the system and allow more flexibility.
>>
>>24717
Hindsight is 20/20
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.