[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would the Song Dynasty of China be like if the Jurchens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: China_-_Song_Dynasty-en.png (211 KB, 800x786) Image search: [Google]
China_-_Song_Dynasty-en.png
211 KB, 800x786
What would the Song Dynasty of China be like if the Jurchens didn't fuck them sideways and take the north for the Great Jin?
>>
Theyd be less fucked up I guess.
>>
>>416088
>generally more resources

>norther Chinese plain fertile for horse herding

>former Jin controlled area makes good wheat farming land

>in Jurchen homeland, tons of wild game and fish-rich waters

Basically they would have more resources and room for economic expansion which would push their industrialization a bit further and give them more leverage against the Mongols.

The Song might even end up surviving the full brunt of the Mongol horde.
>>
File: new gdp per capita.png (66 KB, 720x608) Image search: [Google]
new gdp per capita.png
66 KB, 720x608
>>416088
Perhaps hitting the industrial revolution somewhere in the 1500s
>>
>>416125
They might have also saved Western Xia from being totally fucked by the Mongols
>>
>>416135
What, would they just masturbate for three hundred years before industrializing or something?
>>
>>416180
MANCHU

FUCKING

SHITS
>>
>>416088
>Song Dynasty.
It was already hopeless. Those pen-pushers were too pen-pushy.
>>
>>416125
>>416143
They had the chance to save the Jin and defeat the Mongols in their infancy, but ignored the ambassadors.
>>
>>416579
>save their mortal enemies

I don't think you understand how this works
>>
>>416669
>be Song
>enjoying peace with Liao for almsot 100 years
>Jin rised
>helped Jin defeating Liao
>got buttfucked by Jin
>enjoyed another 100 peaceful years
>Mongols rised
>helped Mongols defeating Jin
>got fucked by the Mongols
And they say hitler's Russian invasion was the dumbest strategic mistake.
>>
>>418963
Song actually was defeated by Liao and had to pay tribute to keep the peace. Later, Song was defeated by Jin and had to pay tribute.
>>
WE WUZ QINGZ N SHET
WUZ QINGZ N SHET WE
QINGZ N SHET WE WUZ
N SHET WE WUZ QINGZ
SHET WE WUZ QINGZ N
>>
>>419384
Calm down dere, Cow Cow.
>>
>>418963
Nobody took the Mongols seriously during their infancy. Everyone saw them as yet another niggerous steppe nomad tribe.

This is why you had shit like Song China allying with the Mongols hoping to use them and Khwarezmians beheading Mongol Ambassadors.
>>
>>418963
without hindsight they probably didn't think the mongols would go that far

I suppose if they made a mistake it was not energetically mounting a full scale invasion of their own, the letting the mongols take the liao and xia region in that map maybe while they themselves go for beijing
>>
>tfw half Korean from Pyongan and half Liaoning Manchu/Mongol from Yellow and Blue Banners
>tfw descended mostly from Jurchens
>tfw extremely skilled at shooting guns as well as good at riding bikes, surfing, snowboarding. you name it
>tfw extremely good grades in chinese happy merchant business skills at top UC
>tfw 6'2," 7.5" cock and routinely cuck chinese guys, korean guys, japanese guys, and white guys with my huge jurchen penis

CUZ WE WUZ QINGZ N SHET
>>
>>418963
>>enjoyed another 100 peaceful years

No.

Jin and Song were embroiled in constant warfare.

>>enjoying peace with Liao for almsot 100 years

After Liao fucked up the Song army and stolen vital Song land.
>>
>>419426
>huge jurchen penis

>tungus dick

>big

Gud joke lmao
>>
>>420020
t. Jurchen
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.