[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I saw this outside my door this morning, what should I do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Mongols.jpg (203 KB, 1000x720) Image search: [Google]
Mongols.jpg
203 KB, 1000x720
Guys I saw this outside my door this morning, what should I do?
>>
follow the wolf
>>
>>2367
Start spreading those asscheeks
>>
File: inocentes.jpg (266 KB, 1564x1210) Image search: [Google]
inocentes.jpg
266 KB, 1564x1210
Praise Tengri, it's time to genocide muslims
>>
Build a stone fort lol
the mounted ooga booga can't comprehend those
>>
Build a shitty wall
>>
>>4037
they have captured and employed the best siege engineers they found during their campaign

they could have taken on any stone fort

but why would they waste time doing it, when its more fun to pillage and rape the countryside?
>>
>>4704
>why would they waste time doing it, when its more fun to pillage and rape the countryside?
Literally a meme empire
>the best siege engineers they found during their campaign
They fought against generally inferior chinese forts, go find a proper European one in HRE or French territory then go find your meme empire and tell them to siege. It will be laughable since they couldn't even beat the reformed Hungarians and Austrians when they went back and created proper stone forts.
>>
>>2367
surrender. they were pretty lenient.
they will die off soon and you can go on with your life
>>
didn't tamerlane make pyramids out of enemies skulls?
>>
>>4795
>invade poor shitholes
>when you have control of the silk route and large chunks of the middle east.
>>
Same tactics used by the british against french cav. Mass archers, solidly defensible position, knights on foot so they dont get any funny ideas.
>>
>>4795
It was just a matter of time.

Also economics, China was richer that Europe at the time.

Also the inferior chinese forts is a meme, they were as good or better that the europeans.
>>
>>2367

Probably join them or head to Europe.
>>
>>5077
yeah, hard to do that on the steppes or on dry ground
also
>patay.
>>
>>2367
an hero
>>
>>5044
>not realizing temujin was a manlet and wanted to conquer all of the world
>not realizing they were planning to invade the HRE (and would have gotten btfo'ed by Fredrick II)
>not realizing Hanseaitic league would make mad dosh and that the middle east was only rich because of the trade that went through it

>>5101
>hey were as good or better that the europeans.
You trying to ruse me? European castles are undeniably the best of the entire time period, this is shit nobody can honestly deny
>>
>>5249
china's castles were pretty fantastic desu
>>
>>5249
>conquer cold shitholes that don't make money
yeah right
also
>middle east was rich because of trade
thank you captain obvious.
>>
>>5366
>people unironically getting caught by the wordfilter
Thank you new moot.
>>
>>5375
>conquer cold shitholes that don't make money
They were planning on doing it, are you trying to deny this? Genghis was powerhungry and that's about it
>>middle east was rich because of trade
Allow me to elaborate then, Europe had plenty of potential to be rich and the Middle East became almost entirely irrelevant after 1492.
>>5366
And? Europeans were objectively better
>>
>>5126

There are tonnes of defensible positions on the steppes. Its just most of the steppe tribes fought on horse and preferred the turkic/arab tactics of hit and runs, feints, false retreats etc.
>>
>>5509
>Europeans were objectively better
That doesn't mean they were invisible/unconquerable like you are pretending they were.

Mongols had all the weapons to raze Europe given the right circumstances and they prove that in Asia and the middle east.
>>
>>5509
>objectively better
Nope, China's castles were superior.
>>
>>5652
Gonna need some supporting evidence and explanations.
>>
>>2367
those mongol hats have always looked comfy to me
I don't know what it is but they have an inherent amount of kawaii to them too, even for the guy in your pic
>>
>>5509
>the mongol boogeyman would totes be stopped by glorious europa.
mongols were not stupid.
>>5745
that works both ways.
>>
>>5745
You first.
>>
>>5615
> invisible/unconquerable
Well first off I never implied any of that and I was joking. Again, the Mongols absolutely fucked up in both Hungary and Austria once they reformed and built proper stone castles, the ones prior in Poland, Hungary, Austria, and Russia were wood. We already know the HRE and France had the best Castles on the mainland and they were the richest of the kingdoms so we can easily imply they would fail equally as bad. Not only that but the mongols fucked up in Vietnam due to climate and terrain, Europe was foresty as fuck pre-industrial age and the land was far from flat in many areas, horses aren't favorable there.
>>5795
>mongols were not stupid.
True, but the mongol dick sucking is something I'm not amiable to and I'm certainly not going to hear it for the rest of this boards existence
>>
>>5885
Mongol forces easily won most of their major engagements with Europeans
>>
>>6004
>Hungary

The Mongols were "weak" in Hungary in 1285 in the same way that the Muslims were "weak" in France in 732: these forces were far from their home bases, and going after relatively poor, low-plunder countries.
>>
File: Mongolian-shepherd-hat-78.00.jpg (17 KB, 400x420) Image search: [Google]
Mongolian-shepherd-hat-78.00.jpg
17 KB, 400x420
>>5791
pic related
>>
>>6004
True but the Mongols never launched a serious invasion of Europe like they did with Middle East, Central Asia, and East Asia. If you look at the geography of places they conquered, you'll notice that they're not just flat grasslands either. The entire campaign of Song China took place in hilly terrain with hot weather, with trees and rivers restricting movement.

Or take Korea as another example. A peninsula that's almost entirely mountains or hills and has very small percentage of flatlands. Their hill fortresses (made of stone) gave the Mongols considerable difficulty but they managed to overcome them, because it's much easier to project power there than all the way in Central Europe.
>>
>>4862
>le mongol were pretty chill meme
You know they were probably the most brutal people to have ever pillaged the earth
>>
>>6004
>We already know the HRE and France had the best Castles on the mainland and they were the richest of the kingdoms so we can easily imply they would fail equally as bad.
The Chinese city of Zhongdu had 18 miles of walls 40 feet high and 50 feet thick, with three lines of moats. The Mongols began besieging it in spring of 1214; multiple assaults failed. The siege didn't succeed until over a year later, in summer of 1215, when the governor of the city gave up hope and took poison. By then the citizens were eating corpses.

Further south, the city of Xiangyang withstood siege for three years, thanks to both extensive stores and occasional resupply from across the Han River. It wasn't defeated until 1271, when the Mongols put together a siege train of high-powered counterweight trebuchets to break the walls. (In 1291, counterweight trebuchets enabled the Muslims to conquer the double-wall fortified Crusader city of Acre in a month and a half.)

Now, European fortifications of the same period were no worse in simple stoneworking skill -- the donjon of Vincennes (still standing!) goes up 150 feet, although its walls are only 10 feet thick.

But the raw mass of Chinese fortifications utterly exceeds what a European monarch could afford or justify at this period. In Europe of that time, an impressive castle plan would be something like Edward I's Beaumaris, a rectangle about 500 feet on a side with two concentric walls. Compare that to Zhongdu above. Likewise, long-but-successful sieges in Europe were measured in months, not years.

So the Mongols needed a much larger siege train, and far more troops, and hence far more supplies, as well as much greater persistence, to take the Chinese fortified cities than was required for European fortifications in this period.
>>
>>6324
Well kebabs getting buttfucked by them is pretty funny.
also
>steppe niggers
>barbaric
pick 2
>>
>>6415

Wasnt the density of castles far higher in europe?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.