[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What set Ethiopia apart in it's unique development from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: Royal_Enclosure_at_Gondar.jpg (717 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Royal_Enclosure_at_Gondar.jpg
717 KB, 1920x1080
What set Ethiopia apart in it's unique development from the rest of Sub-Saharan Africa?
>>
>>235683
Contact with the outside world.
See also: Mali, Somalia.
>>
File: ETHIOPIA.png (320 KB, 610x354) Image search: [Google]
ETHIOPIA.png
320 KB, 610x354
>>235683
It's pretty obvious if you look at the map. Also and unlike somalis they don't live in a desert full of nothing.
>>
>>235699
>>235741
And we're done. Even coastal West Africa is remarkably separated from the Mediterranean sphere.
>>
>>235767
I wish all problems could be solved that easily.
>>
>>235796
no, it's
>>235741
>>
>>235796
No idea about genetics, but a good friend of mine who was in Ethiopia (and he has no racist bias at all, on the contrary) reported that ethiopians proper do not consider themselves black (neither white) and despise the "real" blacks that Ethiopia conquered not so much time ago.
>>
>>235741
somalis had some nice city-states that also got a cut of the lucrative indian trade, a part of which went down along the east coast of africa for slaves and ivory
>>
>>235845
Yep.
>>
File: Bet Amanuel 1.jpg (245 KB, 1280x931) Image search: [Google]
Bet Amanuel 1.jpg
245 KB, 1280x931
Culturally, religiously, ethnically, geographically, linguistically, and historically they're an extension of Eurasia, just like Egypt or Sudan. The highlands are cool, fertile (though still semi-arid), and able to support large sedentary populations open to the adoption of civilization from Eurasia, which the region has always had plentiful contact with. The Ethiopian highlands thus could support Eurasian derived civilization, both Christian and Muslim.

Plenty of other parts of Africa had good land and high populations, but unlike Ethiopia (or most other parts of the world) they couldn't just adopt civilization from elsewhere. Some of these areas did have contact with Eurasia, but much later than in Ethiopia and usually not to the same extent, so they never fully adopted Eurasian civilization.

Compare Ethiopia with the Sahel; both had contact with Eurasia and derived religion from there. But the Sahel only started adopting certain aspects of Islamic civilization after about 1000 AD, while Ethiopia began adopting Yemenite civilization around 1000 BC if not earlier.

Ethiopia adopted things like agriculture, ironworking, and urbanism from Eurasia, so its entire civilization was always integrated into Eurasia. On the other hand, the Sahel had to develop these things themselves, thus resulting in a native civilization that was completely different to Eurasia and only much later adopted some aspects of Islamic civilization.

If you wonder why Ethiopian civilization never spread to other areas, the main reason is that the highlands are actually very isolated from the rest of Africa; if you look at a population map of Africa you'll see that the Ethiopian highlands are surrounded by areas with very low population density, mostly inhabited by pastoral tribes and with very unproductive land and a dry climate totally different to that of the highlands. Highland civilization could never spread here.
>>
>>235868
True and that's why I mentioned them, they deserve it. But they never became a power with the importance of Aksum probably because they live in a much harsher environment. Related to this, they were also mostly pastoralists outside of the coastal cities if I remember well.
>>
File: Gedi, Palace 2.jpg (467 KB, 1024x642) Image search: [Google]
Gedi, Palace 2.jpg
467 KB, 1024x642
>>235868
>slaves
It's actually a myth that there was any significant slave trade in medieval East Africa. African slaves in the Islamic world all came from the Sudan/West Africa across the Sahara. The Swahili/Somali cities were supported mostly by luxuries like gold, ivory, tortoiseshell, and other exotic goods. They even exported animals like giraffes.

The slave trade only became significant in the 18th century, when Arabs/Swahilis basically started raiding the interior. Prior to that the coastal cities never actually extended power inland.

The idea of a massive slave trade mostly comes from the 'Zanj Rebellion' in medieval Iraq, when Zanj (African) slaves revolted against the Arabs. Zanj is generally taken to mean East African Bantus, but in reality it was applied to most Africans during the time of the rebellion. They slaves had actually come from the Sudan.
>>
>>235741
>>235699
The joke being that Ethiopia is now land locked.
>>
>>235884
How is digging a hole and carving a whole building out of stone in any way European?
Thats a very unique thing to do. Closes comparison is Petra.
>>
>>236018
Mainly because Eritreans can claim aksumite heritage as much if not more than Ethiopia. Except because they're muslims and all that of course.

>>236036
First of all, he said eurasian.

Second, how is digging a hole and carving a whole building out of stone in any way African (or whatever other massive demonym you want)?
>>
>>236078
I am not saying its african, I'm sayin gits unique, and thus cant be used to connect them to Europe (or Euroasia).
However, there is one very african thing about Ethiopia - its in Africa.
>>
File: Lalibela Aerial 3.jpg (130 KB, 936x602) Image search: [Google]
Lalibela Aerial 3.jpg
130 KB, 936x602
>>236036
I never said it was European. I'm saying that Ethiopia's overall civilization was derived from Eurasia, just like Europe's was. That doesn't mean that Ethiopians were just passively copying Eurasia. They innovated in their own ways and created a culture and civilization unique to themselves, just like plenty of other cultures in Eurasia did. But they didn't grow in a vacuum.

As for rock-cut architecture, it's actually fairly common throughout the world. I can think of examples from India, Arabia, Turkey, Iran, Indonesia, Mexico, China, and plenty of other areas. That said, Lalibela is still amazing and it stands out for it's sheer scale. Plus, it doesn't seem to be derived from anywhere else, but grew out of earlier Aksumite traditions.
>>
>>236078
Eritreans aren't Muslim. About half (or a third, depending on the source) is Muslim, but culturally and politically Eritrea is dominated by Christian Tigrayans. The same is actually true in Ethiopia itself, which is about half Islamic.
>>
>>235997
I never said the trade was so significant. I've read about the East African slave trade myself, though I guess my bringing up of slave had to do with my readings of 19th century history with the Omanis, Malagasies (who imported and export slaves), French (mauritius and reunion) and Portuguese slave trades (to brazil and caribbean) and a smaller Arab trade going to India, Yemen, Egypt and the rest of the Ottoman Empire
>>
>>236095
In no point did that anon claim that building churches on the rock had any relationship with his argument of ethiopia being an extension of Eurasia.
>>
>>236036
Petra is also Eurasian, dumbo.
>>
Christianity and overall uselessness for European ambitions

Culturally there's not much difference.

Slave owning, witch burning, hut living, and cattle fucking.
>>
>>235845
ethipoians aren't physically different from other africans right?
>>
File: 1444431073841.jpg (309 KB, 932x1400) Image search: [Google]
1444431073841.jpg
309 KB, 932x1400
>>236673
They are. Perhaps some of the PC crowd can't see it because they are so color blind and people are so equal they can't see the difference, but you don't need o be an expert to see that pic related is not from the Congo.
>>
>>236673
[spoiler] there are as many differences between african populations depending on location as there are in Europe or Asia [/spoiler]
>>
>>236673
They and a couple of their neighbours are massively different.

It's not like the rest of blacks don't have big differences between them anyways. But most blacks in both the americas and Europe, recent immigrants or descendants of slaves, ultimately come from West Africa and the general sahelian area.

Except because there's apparently a lot of somalians in sweden for whatever reason.
>>
File: bravesweat.png (79 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
bravesweat.png
79 KB, 250x250
>>236813
Jesus Christ m2(15-11), I just had a wank.
>>
>>236673
funny thing is Africa is actually the most genetically diverse continent
>>
>>236813
qt desu

would turn italian for her
>>
File: SenaitGidey6.jpg (415 KB, 1366x2048) Image search: [Google]
SenaitGidey6.jpg
415 KB, 1366x2048
>>236969
>>236926
It's alright, while Caucasian Ethiopians are different from regular niggs, I biased my post posting an ebony goddess.
>>
File: hnng.jpg (235 KB, 930x1400) Image search: [Google]
hnng.jpg
235 KB, 930x1400
>>237000
You fucking assholes keep tormenting my dick.
>>
File: 1373234578708.jpg (76 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1373234578708.jpg
76 KB, 640x640
Just give in.
>>
>>236210
Petra isnt really the same thing.
>>
>>236673
>other africans

Africans are vastly different from each other.
>>
>>235884
Underrated post
>>
>>235741
This is literally the answer.

Any form of "becuz they got white features" is bullshit.
>>
It not being inhabited by Sub-Saharan Africans.
>>
>>235845
Eritrean here and I know none that think that.

>>235796
He's those types of Somalis.
Rich coming from the fact that Bantu's are way ahead of Somalis now.
>>
>>238211
Infact it's kinda funny that the most developed part of Ssa during history is the biggest shitholes in Africa.
>>
>>238170
>>238175
POETRY
>>
>>235683
Good leadership and trade
>>
>>238170
They don't have "white features", but they are closer to north africa and midddle east than the rest of Africa in all senses desu.
>>
>>238170
>Any form of "becuz they got white features" is bullshit.

Well, it's true that they look like dark-skinned white people, it's just that it has nothing to do with the reason
>>
>>235884
Ethiopia developed quite independently, it's populations developed agriculture on there own, its a very simplistic and outdated model that they are merely an example of Eurasia in Africa.

funny to see people preaching that as truth though, reminds me of those stories that used to say Tutsi were descendants of Roman solidier.
>>236813
She is obviously ethio-somali but that doesnt make her any less african
>>236673
just as Khoisan are, still no less african
>>240745
>>241285
its only because they developed in a temperate climate, so ofcourse they wont look like a tropically adapted people.
>>
>>241405
It's also because Eurasians migrated to the horn of Africa massively over 3000 years ago:

http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/ancient-genome-from-africa-sequenced-for-the-first-time

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/back-africa-ancient-human-genome-reveals-widespread-eurasian-mix-180956881/?no-ist
>>
>>241431
What does that have anything to do with their relative success?
>>
>>238170
Geographic deerminism must be the most lazy explanation. I'm less triggered by we wuz kings and shit.
Polyesians lived in the asiest land to tame and they remained savages.
Ethiopia highlands aren't even particularly easy to develop. hese countries weren't sea people any more than Egypt.
>>
>>241439
Nothing, but just that saying that they look Caucasian just because they evolved into a different climate is bullshit, they have a lot of Eurasian blood in them:

"By comparing the ancient genome to DNA from modern Africans, the team have been able to show that not only do East African populations today have as much as 25% Eurasian ancestry from this event, but that African populations in all corners of the continent – from the far West to the South – have at least 5% of their genome traceable to the Eurasian migration. "
>>
File: worldwide genetic diversity.jpg (136 KB, 1200x927) Image search: [Google]
worldwide genetic diversity.jpg
136 KB, 1200x927
>>235796
>>235845
"Black" or "African" is not a race. There is more genetic diversity in Africa than in the rest of the world combined. [spoiler]I'm exaggerating the conclusions you can draw from the one pictured example somewhat, yes, but it's still true[/spoiler]
>>
File: axum.jpg (84 KB, 341x881) Image search: [Google]
axum.jpg
84 KB, 341x881
If only this hadnt happened Axum might have been relevant today.
>>
>>241461

Look man, all I know is I wanna spread my imperialism all over >>236813
>>
>>241431
that study is so wrong its a shock people are still referring to it

The recent admixture models are patently wrong, this study thoroughly showed such theories have no basis.

http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1004393

>“Genomes from this migration seeped right across the continent, way beyond East Africa, from the Yoruba on the western coast to the Mbuti in the heart of the Congo – who show as much as 7% and 6% of their genomes respectively to be West Eurasian,”

When we know for a fact that Pygmies diverged from non-pygmy neighbors some 28k years ago and we know Mbuti have minimal admixture with bantu.

Its sensationalized and if you have any real understanding of african genetics you would see how faulty the actual study is rather than just listen to the articles that don't even give you the raw data or their method
>>
>>241469
>that study is so wrong its a shock people are still referring to it

That study was published like a month ago from what I remember
>>
>>236813
I would bang the shit out of this Ethiopian princess. 10/10 would invade Egypt with
>>
>>236870
>[spoiler] there are as many differences between african populations depending on location as there are in Europe or Asia [/spoiler]
There are more actually, due to the resident effect. Our brains just suck at seeing them.

>tfw you see some retard say they don't understand the Darfur genocide because aren't they all black?
>>
>>241485
i know and I am still surprised that people are refering to these articles that dont even give you access to the actual study

literally how can someone explain the Mbuti having the same amount of eurasian ancestry as a west african bantu if they've been living in the rainforest for some thousands of years and are the result of a very ancient bottleneck?
>>
>>241455
It's not about the geography of the region, it's it's relation to the rest of the world, it's not exactly far from the earlier civilisation, Polynesians are thousands of miles from civilisation, they still developed it to an extent.
>>241456
They're living in the homeland of Afro Asiatic peoples
>>
>>241405
>Ethiopia developed quite independently, it's populations developed agriculture on there own, its a very simplistic and outdated model that they are merely an example of Eurasia in Africa.
You are doing a disservice to that post by compressing it down into a one note generalizing reply like this.
>>
File: habesha.jpg (2 MB, 1464x2200) Image search: [Google]
habesha.jpg
2 MB, 1464x2200
>>241469
It doesn't really matter whether the caucasoid admixture happened two thousand or five thousand years ago. The fact remains that ethiopians have significant caucasoid ancestry (which anyone with a functioning pair of eyes realizes).
>>
>>241456
Pretty sure a lot of the first Eurasian migrations were from that area too, so it's a back cross from people they were already distantly descended from.
>>
>>241517
They are "Caucasoid" to begin with.
>>
>>241464
>She will never demean herself by painting herself up like an "African" savage and screaming "Ooga booga" while you squirt inside of her
>>
>>241522
Should have said "eurasian" admixture, it's more precise. Yes, they're caucasoid as a result.
>>
>>241510
>They're living in the homeland of Afro Asiatic peoples
And they speak fucking Afro-Asiatic languages.
>>
>>241525
No, they're not Caucasoid as a result, they were Caucasoid to begin with, before any admixture, they're Afro-Asiatic, who are Caucasians.
>>
>>241505
Well I think it's generalizing of course
>>
>>241514
Dʿmt as a civilization formed in situ, we know that Ge'ez di not derive from saebeban and we know for fact that the peopling of Ethiopia at that time did not include a large literal migration of Arabian people.

While recognizing that yes, cultural exchange did in fact exist one has to recognize the western notions of Eurasia and Africa minimalize the crossing of peoples in a given place.

Mehri are an example of pre-Arabic Arabia Felix, who share the same linguistic family as the D'mt which is Cushitic.

I can go on and on and on but its 4chan and most people want quick and simple answers. Africa is far from quick and easy though.
>>241517
its not significant and its older than 20k years old, that is to say older than Europeans and older than Agriculture
>>241536
no, afro-asiatics are recent as in about 10-9k years old and are by no means racially homogenous.
>>
>>241536
>we wuz caucasian
Don't.
>>
>>241461
Can't read that shit
>>
>>241545
>it's not significant
>>
>>241524
Fucking slavers couldn't do anything right and import Ethiopians instead of Bantu or Wolof shi.
>>
>>241545
>Dʿmt as a civilization formed in situ, we know that Ge'ez di not derive from saebeban and we know for fact that the peopling of Ethiopia at that time did not include a large literal migration of Arabian people.
Nothing he said contradicts any of that.

>>241546
"Caucasoid" peoples' ultimately derive from them, IIRC.
>>
>>241545
>its not significant and its older than 20k years old, that is to say older than Europeans and older than Agriculture
A single study does not refute the whole body of studies. Most studies show the admixture to be rather recent (a few thousand years ago) and is coherent with the various migrations from Arabia into Ethiopia (the Sabaean migration for instance) and the fact that Ethiopians speak semitic languages.
>>
>>241556
>"Caucasoid" peoples' ultimately derive from them, IIRC.
You recall wrong.

Caucasoid people developed in Eurasia, and then recolonized north africa and parts of east africa.
>>
>>241546
What the fuck are you talking about. They are Caucasians.

People in this thread are trying to imply they were black people, then Caucasians invaded from Eurasia, made them look how they look and thats why they had civilisation.

No, they were Caucasians to begin with, they are of the same family as Arabs and Berbers, and they are the originals living in the original land those people came from.
>>
>>241555
They just wanted cheap labor not quality like that.

>>241559
They just sprang out of holes in the ground in the Ukraine, huh?
>>
>>236813
hnnngggg
She honestly needs to play some sort of royalty in a series/movie.
>>
>>241556
The civilization of D'mt which is at the time period he is talking about formed in a native manner. It is not merely the expansion of Eurasian technology and worldviews but rather a very old interplay between the Red Sea peoples that have been going on since the Nubian Complex over 100k years ago.

Its patently wrong to call it Eurasian, they were related people seperated by a sliver of sea
>>241557
Yes and in the first sentences it shows and explains quite clearly how its a misinterpretation.

Its collaborated by the fact that archeologically there is absolutely no evidence of a massive scale migration from Arabia Felix into East Africa. there is absolutely no evidence of 30% of the whole of Eurasia coming into East Africa and that is the basis of that study to then mix with every single population of Africa today,

that has absolutely no backing archeologically.
>>
>>241563
>What the fuck are you talking about. They are Caucasians.
They exhibit caucasoid features insofar as about 50% of their ancestry is west eurasian in origin. Those caucasoid features are not indigenous to Africa.

>People in this thread are trying to imply they were black people, then Caucasians invaded from Eurasia, made them look how they look and thats why they had civilisation.
That's a good summary

>No, they were Caucasians to begin with, they are of the same family as Arabs and Berbers, and they are the originals living in the original land those people came from.
Oh? They sprouted up from the earth? They are the direct descendants of the single cell organisms who used to inhabit Ethiopia 4 trillion years ago?

Kill yourself.

>>241564
>They just sprang out of holes in the ground in the Ukraine, huh?
No, I'm not referring to indo-europeans. I'm refering to semitic peoples. Nobody really knows where they developed.
>>
>>241555
Ottomans did it. They were the cheapest slaves, too.
>>
>>241570
>30% of the whole of Eurasia
wut
>>
>>241579
>Those caucasoid features are not indigenous to Africa.
Yes they are. Where do you think Arabs and Berbers come from? You're the one claiming people magically appeared somewhere. And no Ethiopians were not Black Africans before some Eurasian invasion, they're always been Caucasian. Caucasian doesn't mean white.
>>
>>241570
>Yes and in the first sentences it shows and explains quite clearly how its a misinterpretation.
It provides an alternative theory, but you're obviously being ideologically biased by accepting wholeheartedly this new theory over the standard ones because they support your ideology.

>Its collaborated by the fact
I think you mean corroborated

>there is absolutely no evidence of a massive scale migration from Arabia Felix into East Africa.
There is genetic and linguistic evidence.

> there is absolutely no evidence of 30% of the whole of Eurasia coming into East Africa and that is the basis of that study to then mix with every single population of Africa today,
Jesus, are you being deliberately stupid? How did you infer that the eurasian admixture in present day ethiopians requires 30% of Eurasia to migrate into Ethiopia?
>>
>>241570
>30% of the whole of Eurasia

Can you read?

It says that Eurasians who were as numberous as 30% of what was the population of the horn of African moved there.
>>
I want an Ethiopian wife
>>
>>241584
this is from that crazy "study" some anon posted

“Roughly speaking, the wave of West Eurasian migration back into the Horn of Africa could have been as much as 30% of the population that already lived there – and that, to me, is mind-blowing. The question is: what got them moving all of a sudden?” said Dr Andrea Manica, senior author of the study from the University of Cambridge’s Department of Zoology. - See more at: http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/ancient-genome-from-africa-sequenced-for-the-first-time#sthash.m603sZ0X.dpuf

there is no proof of that at all.
>>
>>241588
>Yes they are. Where do you think Arabs and Berbers come from?
Are you serious? They come from Eurasia.

>You're the one claiming people magically appeared somewhere.
No I'm not. I'm claiming that arabs and other semitic peoples developed in Eurasia and then recolonized north africa and parts of east africa, which is the standard, mainstream opinion.

>And no Ethiopians were not Black Africans before some Eurasian invasion,
They were indeed some variant of nilotic.

> they're always been Caucasian.
No they haven't, this is like claiming that North America has "always been caucasian" because most north americans descend from europeans.
>>
>>241598
>>241594
>>241591
By Eurasian, what do you mean, what people? Eurasia is massive.
>>
>>241600
Semitic people.
>>
>>241600
Read the articled maybe?
>>
>>241599
>No I'm not. I'm claiming that arabs and other semitic peoples developed in Eurasia and then recolonized north africa and parts of east africa, which is the standard, mainstream opinion.
It's not though. The homeland for those people is considered to be east Africa.
>>
>>241598
So you can't fucking read can you?
>>
>>241609
>The homeland for those people is considered to be east Africa.
Supported by linguistic and archaeological evidence.
>>
>>241609
>It's not though
It is.

Keep living in your fantasy world

>we wuz caucasians!
>>
>>241613
Yes, it is. Semites developed out of Africa but the group that Semites are part of, who Berbers and East Africans are also part of, developed in Africa.
>>
>>241617
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>241620
I know. I was agreeing with you.
>>
>>241617
Except it isn't, and you have no evidence, all you have evidence for is a migration of Arabs into east Africa, which everyone already knows, they ruled over each other at varying times and we were connected.
>>
>>241621
No, YOU go back to /pol/. They're pretty fond of outlandish racial theories with no basis in reality.

>>241620
For the last time no. That's as stupid as saying "The japanese are indigenous to Japan, they are mongoloid by pure chance". There was obviously a massive migration from China/Korea into Japan., just as there was a massive migration from the middle east back into Africa.
>>
>>241626
>Except it isn't, and you have no evidence
Except for genetic and linguistical evidence, which you will deny by saying "you got in the wrong way around! Semitic languages originated in Ethiopia and spread outwards! We wuz kings n sheeit!"
>>
>>235683
Jesus christ I read Ethiopia as Estonia and was really confused for a minute as to its connection with sub-saharan africa
>>
>>241633
>For the last time no. That's as stupid as saying "The japanese are indigenous to Japan, they are mongoloid by pure chance". There was obviously a massive migration from China/Korea into Japan., just as there was a massive migration from the middle east back into Africa.
Your silly analogy holds no weight, because what I'm saying is the scholarly consensus backed up by evidence while you're promoting a fringe theory.
>>241635
>Except for genetic and linguistical evidence, which you will deny by saying "you got in the wrong way around! Semitic languages originated in Ethiopia and spread outwards! We wuz kings n sheeit!"
First of all i stated that Semitics did not develop in Africa but that their mother group did, which East Africans and North Africans are also descended from.
>We wuz kings n sheeit!"
I don't even know what you mean by this but the more you say it the stupider you look and the more obvious it becomes to everyone that you're politically motivated and trying to promote some ideology.

Which it's pretty obvious that you are, you're obviously unable to accept any notion that East Africans developed something by themselves therefore you must argue that it was only because of migrations of Arabs back into Africa which allowed them to. Arabs did migrate back into Africa, but no that's not the reason they had civilization, and it's not what made them Caucasian, they already belonged to a Caucasian group, if such a thing exists. They were not West African nor Nilotic, they were always part of the Afro-Asiatic group as evidenced by their genetics and languages.
>>
>>241591
its an obsolete theory, the genetic evidence has already been disproven -the recent admixture model has no basis given the haplogroup mutation rates and genetic divergence-

The linguistic diversity of Ethiopia shows that Ethiopic Semitic is a divergent branch of Semitic that was a minority in the Agaw dominated kingdoms of the highlands which had already been fully formed and functioning at the time of the supposed expansion

>>241600
Eurasian is first and foremost a landmass, its people vary dramatically but the wording and insinuation is incorrect.

>>241610
you can't come up with a worthwhile rebuttle can you?
>>241620
Berbers are not Semitic at all wtf

East Africans are largely Cushitic, Nilo-Saharan or Nilotic
>>241635
no one is saying semitic language is derived from ethiopia you fool
>>241568
Stop being so damn thirsty, there are thousands of girls who look like Senait. She is a moderately attractive Habesha, dont blow a vein.
>>
>>241653
>Berbers are not Semitic at all wtf
That post never said Berbers were Semitic, i suggest you read more carefully.
>>
File: big-lips-634.jpg (51 KB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
big-lips-634.jpg
51 KB, 392x400
>>241652
>because what I'm saying is the scholarly consensus backed up by evidence
>a single article
>which goes against the whole body of other articles
It's the other way around m8. You're the one pushing for the fringe theory.

>First of all i stated that Semitics did not develop in Africa but that their mother group did, which East Africans and North Africans are also descended from.
The fuck is a "mother group"? I guess if you go back far enough we're all ethiopians. Does this mean that the japanese are also ethiopians?

>I don't even know what you mean by this
I'm parodying the fact that you're claiming that caucasoid features originate in east africa.

>Which it's pretty obvious that you are, you're obviously unable to accept any notion that East Africans developed something by themselves
Because they didn't.

>therefore you must argue that it was only because of migrations of Arabs back into Africa which allowed them to. Arabs did migrate back into Africa, but no that's not the reason they had civilization, and it's not what made them Caucasian, they already belonged to a Caucasian group
It's exactly what made them caucasian.

>They were not West African nor Nilotic, they were always part of the Afro-Asiatic group as evidenced by their genetics and languages.
Genetics which they share 50% of with west eurasians, and languages which they share with middle easterners??

Pic related is what your ethiopian native would've looked like.
>>
>>241653
>its an obsolete theory
It's really not. I'm quite shocked that you base your whole opinion on a single article.

>The linguistic diversity of Ethiopia shows that Ethiopic Semitic is a divergent branch of Semitic that was a minority in the Agaw dominated kingdoms of the highlands which had already been fully formed and functioning at the time of the supposed expansion
I'd like to see proof of that claim.
>>
>>241657
Its 5;30 a.m. and I have never met a person who actually talks about Afroasiatic Urheimat most poster on these threads about my people are like this dumbass >>241661 who confuses pastoralist nilotic migrants for natives
>>
>>241653
>Berbers are not Semitic at all wtf
They're Afro-Asiatic you fucking idiot. Just like the Semitic languages are.
>>
>>241663
>and I have never met a person who actually talks about Afroasiatic Urheimat
That's the whole crux of the argument in this thread though
>>
>>241661
>It's the other way around m8. You're the one pushing for the fringe theory.
I'm saying the accepted theory with the most evidence.
>The fuck is a "mother group"? I guess if you go back far enough we're all ethiopians. Does this mean that the japanese are also ethiopians?
No, do you not understand how population movement and genetics word? There are branches of people, branches lead back to a fork, this fork is East Africa. For example, the "fork" or origin of Indo-Europeans is somewhere in Central Asia. Does that freak you out too and make you assume Japanese people are indo-European?

>I'm parodying the fact that you're claiming that caucasoid features originate in east africa.
They do.

>Genetics which they share 50% of with west eurasians, and languages which they share with middle easterners??
You've never considered it could go the other way around?

>Pic related is what your ethiopian native would've looked like.
No not really, Africa is a large diverse land and since ancient times those sorts have moved in.
>>
>>241670
>Does that freak you out too and make you assume Japanese people are indo-European?
Obviously it's the other way around and all caucasoids derive from Glorious Nippon before getting contaminated by niggers
>>
>>241663
I am claiming the AfroAsiatic Urheimat is in East Africa. I am broadly considering these people to be Caucasian, if we have to classify all of humanity into 4 broad races. The other man says their Urheimat is Eurasia.
>>
>>241669
Honestly all I see are a bunch of farenji who dont know shit about my people
>>
>>241673
Caucasian is a stupid term to use though and ignores that fact that there are more than 4 races on this earth
>>
>>241676
Race doesn't really have a very good strict scientific definition but yeah there's way more than four of them if there are any. Either way, Ethiopian natives have some caucasoid skull features.
>>
>>241676
It is stupid but i still think you could broadly say theres 4, Such as native Americans roughly falling under East Asian.
>>
>>241680
caucasoid is a worthless anachronistic term that in no way is of any value today.
>>
>>241680
>Caucasoid skull

You know that there is no Caucasoid skull?

For instance Scandi are mostly dolicocephalic while South germans are brachiocephalic on average, though they are genetically quite close.
>>
>>241686
No.

You are ignoring African biodiversity by stating there are only four races
>>
File: race types.jpg (142 KB, 734x959) Image search: [Google]
race types.jpg
142 KB, 734x959
It's funny how /pol/ runs almost exclusively off 19th century race theories.
>>
>>241697
Nah it makes perfect sense. It's the time they idolize.
>>
>>241687
Yeah probably. I'm not the one that brought it up, I'm just trying to talk using the terms introduced for whatever reason
>>
>>241670
>No, do you not understand how population movement and genetics word?
work*

And yes I perfectly understand how they work. You on the other hand clearly don't.

>There are branches of people, branches lead back to a fork, this fork is East Africa. For example, the "fork" or origin of Indo-Europeans is somewhere in Central Asia. Does that freak you out too and make you assume Japanese people are indo-European?
You're wrong, caucasoid features originate among australian aboriginals! Here's a cherry picked article proving I'm right! I can now claim that it's "the most accepted theory with the most evidence" despite the whole body of work claiming the contrary, which I will conveniently ignore!

>You've never considered it could go the other way around?
It makes no fucking sense for it to be the other way around. Ethiopians exhibit caucasoid features, middle easterners don't exhibit any nilotic features.

>those sorts have moved in.
Ooooooooh, so those nilotic peoples are not native but "immigrants" who "moved in", whereas habeshas are 100% native to the land, huh?

Your delusion is killing me.

>>241675
And here's the explanation.

This poster is an ethiopian nationalist.

Please go back to /pol/ where your unscientific theories belong.
>>
>>241697
It's amusing how ou bring up some other board for no reason but shitposting.
>>
>>241707
You're an idiot and can't understand that there are multiple people calling you an idiot.
>>
>>241707
I'm not a nationalist, I just find you stupid.

>nilotic features
kek
>>241705
don't reduce human genetic and physical variation to a 4 race system. We are smarter than that now.
>>
>>241712
Haha I know right?
>>
>>241707
>You're wrong, caucasoid features originate among australian aboriginals! Here's a cherry picked article proving I'm right! I can now claim that it's "the most accepted theory with the most evidence" despite the whole body of work claiming the contrary, which I will conveniently ignore!
You didn't even read what i said, you just repeated the thing i replied to.
> Ethiopians exhibit caucasoid features, middle easterners don't exhibit any nilotic features.
Go to Yemen
>Ooooooooh, so those nilotic peoples are not native but "immigrants" who "moved in", whereas habeshas are 100% native to the land, huh?
What? No one ever claimed Ethiopia was some pure land of a single race, it's full of different people, but the nilotics and bantus aren't the natives by a long shot like you paint them to be.

Honestly you debate like a child.
>>
>>241707
>And yes I perfectly understand how they work. You on the other hand clearly don't.
Obviously you don't because if someone brings up how there are ethnic homelands, and how genetic groups branch out from an original, you flip your shit and claim it means the Japanese are from Africa.
>>
Post more Aksumite goddesses
>>
>see thread
>become interested in ethiopia
>check wiki
>100,000,000 people
>$51b nominal GDP
Shieeeet. Playing Civilization on Hell difficulty.
>>
>>241737
You people would literally melt if I took you to any fucking village in Ethiopia if you think Senait is a goddess

im going to bed
>>
>>241746
Except I've been to Africa and most people look bad. Poverty is a terrible aesthetic for humans.
>>
>>241746
I want to go to Ethiopia.
>>
>>241739
Thanks Italy!
>>
>>241752
Thn go. It's cheap and there are many places without oo much violence. I don't know anyhing about tourism here though. Guess there are no infrasructure for that and people won't speak English outside a few areas.
>>
>>241769
Oh.

How much to export a qt Ethiopian waifu then?
>>
>>241769
How do you have internet and education?
>>
>>235683
Christianity.
>>
>>241777
Aha no
>>
>>241774
I'm not Ethiopian and never went there. I did go to Djibouti which is argueably worse.

>>241772
Probably not much for a prostitute provide you aren't afraid of stds. I guss yo'd have more trouble with customs and migration authorities in your own countryif you plan to take one home.
>>
Everyone itt saying that the Ethiopians developed as Caucasian in east africa, and not as the result of a migration from eurasia, are categorically wrong.

The proof is in the dna. All africans have a slight amount of dna from neanderthals, something that was previosly thought not true, as ancient african dna (>10000years) don't have neanderthal dna.

The reason is because Eurasians recently migrated back into africa over 3000 years ago, bringing their (neanderthal) dna with them. This is how ethiopians get their features.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24988-humanitys-forgotten-return-to-africa-revealed-in-dna/
>>
>>242077
>linking to new scientist
>not the actual study
>drawing unsupported conclusions from hype articles
>conclusions aren't even supported in the article itself
>>
>>242077
So how does an additional backcross 3,000 years ago change the origins of the people already in Eurasia that did the migrating back, and had said Ethiopian peoples as their ancestors?

Why am I even taking this post seriously?
>>
>>241285
They look like aliens, not like white people
>>
>>242100
I admit i read the real study awhile ago and couldnt find it so just took whatever google came up with.

>>242109
>So how does an additional backcross 3,000 years ago change the origins of the people already in Eurasia that did the migrating back, and had said Ethiopian peoples as their ancestors?
What?

I said that Ethiopians have Eurasian admixture and that is how they are classified as Caucasian. Eurasian people developed as Caucasians in Eurasia, obviously.

Other anons in this thread claimed that Ethiopians developed as Caucasians in east Africa, which is not true, it was the result of migrations from Eurasia.
>>
>>242205
You probably think there's one gene for a "Caucasian" skull shape, don't you?
>>
I don't even know what Caucasian is supposed to mean anymore
>>
>>242263
According to people that still use that term in arguments? People that were successful in history
>>
>>242277
So in 50 years we'll be hearing about how China is
>>
>>242291
I've seen people arguing that Japanese are, so why not the Chinese?
>>
All this revisionism about caucasians is going to get to a point where every country has done at least one good thing to earn "caucasian" status and we will have eradicated racism because all the black and asian and hispanic people are secretly all part of the caucasian master race.
>>
>>242319
Hispanics really are Caucasian though
>>
>>241739
They had a civil war a couple of decades ago that broke the country in half, and the Ethiopian part lose all sea access.
Imagine having to pay extra tax on EVERYTHING, all imports and exports, since the rest of the country is surrounded by mountains.
>>
>>242319
Yeah, revisionism, like putting everyone from africa as the same because it hurt the feelings of african americans, or calling south american as hispanics. Fuck off, burger.
>>
>>242291
you haven't heard hurr durr east asians honorary aryans IQ of 180,000?
>>
>>242459
Honorary is a bit different than in fact
>>
>>241712
>ur dumb
Nice argument friendo

>>241713
>I'm not a nationalist
Sure you are. You're a habesha spouting insane theories of a habesha origin of caucasoid features.

>>241716
>You didn't even read what i said,
I did read what you said.

That fork happened in the middle east dumb dumb. Which is why you have caucasoids spreading in all direction from the middle east : in europe, in south asia, in north africa, and in ethiopia.

>Go to Yemen
Yemenites (not those descended from slaves obv.) don't exhibit nilotic features.

>What? No one ever claimed Ethiopia was some pure land of a single race
And that wasn't what I implied, you stupid fuck. You're saying that nilotic people "moved into" ethiopia whereas habeshas are "native". The opposite is true actually.

>Honestly you debate like a child.
Honestly, you're a delusional habesha
>100% pure habesha blood, not a single drop of west eurasian admixture!

>>241725
You claiming that caucasoids developed in Ethiopia is akin to a Malgache claiming that mongoloids developed in Madagascar because some malgaches have mongoloid features (due to an austronesian migration).
>>
>>242466
Just quit while you're behind dude. It's getting embarrassing just to watch you.
>>
>>242473
The most embarassing thing is claiming that caucasoids originated in east africa.

You have to be literally clinically retarded to believe such a thing.
>>
>>242466
The split happened in East Africa, you have no evidence for your claims.
Pic related is what happened.
>>
>>242481
There are other theories besides your afrocentrist one :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afroasiatic_Urheimat
>>
>>242481
You were told to move that red blob one million times.
Currently its pointing in one of the least habitable places in that continent. Its just barren rock.
>>
>>242496
His is the dominant theory.
>>
>>242594
Was it just barren rock then?
>>
>>238170
>Any form of "becuz they got white features" is bullshit.
That would be silly.
[spoiler]Do they have superior neanderthal admixture though?
[/spoiler]
>>
>>242726
reminder that Neanderthal was the true masterrace but were overrun by Homo sapiens through superior breeding and an accident of skeletal structure allowing them to be good at throwing things. In reality sapiens were the niggers of their day
>>
>>242714
Yes, it was just barren rock then. We arent talking half a million years ago.
>>
>>242742
Things can change lot faster than that, in terms of local climates. I don't know if they did in this particular case, but they can.
>>
>>242743
Mountains dont appear or disappear that fast. Rivers and lakes dont appear or disappear without a trace that fast.
The place is terrible, has no contact with the outside world, and has nothing conductive to civilization.
Move it south-west or north-east.
>>
>>242753
>Move it south-west or north-east.
I'm neither the person that made or posted that map.
>>
Gdf
>>
>>236673
They have caucasoid skulls like semites, indo-persians and europeans vs negroid skulls of, say, bantu peoples
>>
>>235683
Only being half-niggers.
>>
>>243164
>Skull measurements
Time to back to 1943.
>>
>>242594
>East Africa is a barren rock
>>242496
Yeah but yours is a fringe theory with little evidence, mine is the dominant theory with most evidence. People believing your theory tend to do it out of ideological motives including yourself as evidence by the constant "we wuz kings" parodying you keep doing for some reason.

If i tell you the Kushites had a successful and rich pyramid building civilization, and were as black as night, will you freak out and start claiming they mixed with Persians who invaded just beforehand?
>>
Because they were white.
>>
I think the saddest thing about this thread is the guy arguing with everyone who is providing sources to counter his article that doesnt even show the study he is so adamant about.

Tishkoff, literally the reigning genecist of African populations has been saying what I have been saying for over a decade that simplistic admixture models are incorrect and that the basis of Eurasian genetics is rooted in a subset of Horn of Africa populations

no one cares about caucasoid or proto-caucasoid its a term to describe Ainu, Polynesians, Bushmen, Australian Aboriginals. Its simplistic, its not backed by science.
>>
>>243281
OK, I've been sitting back watching this thread. And I'm glad you guys are here to stamp out this bullshit, because I know I'm not informed enough about human genetics to do that.

But that's mainly because from what I seen, human genetics is only really used by cranks like this guy.

Since you seem really informed, can you make the case for me that human genetics is in any way useful for understanding Africa?
>>
File: Narga Selassie 1.jpg (361 KB, 1024x676) Image search: [Google]
Narga Selassie 1.jpg
361 KB, 1024x676
>thread about Ethiopian civilization and its development
>devolves into race shit instead

Good job.
>>
>>243322
wut

this is the same kind of bullshit that leads to people saying evolution is crap because of Nazi eugenics
>>
>>243330
I was actually surprised by how long it took. I thought it would happen immediately. Instead, the first part of the thread has some good posts.
>>
>>243322
here

> The fact that the Ethiopians and Somalis have a subset of the sub-Saharan African haplotype diversity—and that the non-African populations have a subset of the diversity present in Ethiopians and Somalis—makes simple-admixture models less likely; rather, these observations support the hypothesis proposed by other nuclear-genetic studies (Tishkoff et al. 1996a, 1998a, 1998b; Kidd et al. 1998)—that populations in northeastern Africa may have diverged from those in the rest of sub-Saharan Africa early in the history of modern African populations and that a subset of this northeastern-African population migrated out of Africa and populated the rest of the globe.
>>243330
blame the dumbasses who perpetuate the Saebean/Eurasia BS
>>
File: Abreha Atsbeha interior 1.jpg (254 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Abreha Atsbeha interior 1.jpg
254 KB, 600x900
>>241405
>Ethiopia developed quite independently, it's populations developed agriculture on there own, its a very simplistic and outdated model that they are merely an example of Eurasia in Africa.

I don't know much about the history of agriculture in the area, but aside from that Ethiopian civilization was very much born out of Yemen. That's not to say that it was a Yemeni colony, but they did adopt civilization from Yemen, similar to how the Romans did with the Greeks. D'mt used Yemeni script and built Yemeni temples to Yemeni gods. Things like ironworking, literacy and urbanism were introduced from Arabia. Over time Ethiopia grew apart, especially under Aksum, but the first civilization there was very much an extension of Yemeni civilization. Just because they were a different colour or were separated by a strip of water doesn't change this.

This is how most civilizations developed. Only a handful were truly independent. That is not to say though, that Ethiopian civilization wasn't developed by Ethiopians. There were probably a small number of Yemeni settlers at first, but mostly it seems to have been the Ethiopian population adopting culture from abroad, not having it forced on them. Again, this was a very common way for civilizations to develop in many parts of the world.

When I say 'Eurasian', I want to be clear that I'm not talking about any specific people or even geographic region. What I mean is the wider system of civilizations that developed out of the Middle East and spread from Spain to Cambodia (East Asia developed separately but eventually was integrated into the wider Eurasian system too). This includes North and Northeast Africa. The actual continental boundaries don't matter; continents are meaningless concepts anyway.
>>
>>243494
>This is how most civilizations developed. Only a handful were truly independent. That is not to say though, that Ethiopian civilization wasn't developed by Ethiopians. There were probably a small number of Yemeni settlers at first, but mostly it seems to have been the Ethiopian population adopting culture from abroad, not having it forced on them. Again, this was a very common way for civilizations to develop in many parts of the world.
Yeah this. How many times have things like the wheel, metallurgy, and written language been arrived at completely independently?
>>
Recommended bibliography about Ethiopia? and christianity if possible.
>>
>>243415
Cushtic (Somali-Habesha) people look different to our neighbours because Bantus settled next to us fairly recently [5th ~ 6th century AD] and were originally from the Niger.

Bantus are basically the Slavs of Africa.

t. Somali

That said, Rwanda and Gabon are vastly superior to Somalia and Ethiopia. Having a small population and no Islam does wonders for a nation.
>>
File: 1906 Aksum procession.jpg (451 KB, 1529x856) Image search: [Google]
1906 Aksum procession.jpg
451 KB, 1529x856
>>243817
Here are three you can get online.

This focuses mostly on modern history, though it does give an overview of ancient/medieval history;
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.374.313&rep=rep1&type=pdf

This is a really great one about Aksum, though it's a bit old;
http://www.dskmariam.org/artsandlitreature/litreature/pdf/aksum.pdf

Not a book, but an interesting look at the Zagwe Dynasty;
http://www.arkeologi.uu.se/digitalAssets/36/36108_3negashall.pdf
>>
File: 1445033573163.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1445033573163.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>236813
>>237000
Christ almighty
>>
>>236813
Ethiopians are East African, like Somalis. I don't think anyone claims that Africa is a homogenous continent
>>
>>244428
No one claims it but it's an unspoken assumption of people too ignorant to know any better, and implicit in the entire concept of an "African" race.
>>
>>243930
Gabon is shit you Camelfucker.
>>
File: IMG_1009.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1009.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>235845
Yep! I can confirm that to be true. Most, if not all of "Ethiopians" are racist, but the thing is that there is no such thing as "Ethiopian" to begin with. The country is made up for 80+ ethnic groups, each with their own culture, history, etc... But, to start things off, the majority of the so-called "Ethiopians" that you lot have probably met in your own countries, be it the US; UK; Italy; or other places where there are significant number of (again, quote on quote) "Ethiopian" immigrants, aren't citizens of the modern day Ethiopia to begin with. Hence why these phonies identify themselves as being "Habesha" or just vaguely "Ethiopian". We, citizens of Ethiopia are very racist and chauvinistic regarding our cultural backgrounds and rarely identify ourselves as being "Ethiopian". We instead use different regional terms, such as Amhara; Tigre; Gurage; Oromo; Somali; Haderé; etc... to refer to ourselves. Citizens of Ethiopia only recently started migrating to other countries, whilst other self-proclaimed "Ethiopians" (which mainly consist of Eritrean or Somalian who liken themselves to Ogaden Ethio-Somalians) have been littering the cities of other countries since '71. The entire country revolves around this ethnic divide which was a strategic move by the gov' that is currently in power to divide and conquer Ethiopia when they overthrew the Communist Junta, or "Derg" as it is widely known back in '91. Even our national identity cards don't state our nationality, which is Ethiopian. Our ethnic groups are specified instead. Employment, possible relationships, all are assessed on your ethnic background and it's a thing that all Ethiopian take very seriously. Needless to say more about it.
How do I know this? Maybe it's because I was born in Ethiopia and have spent the large percentage of my life in Addis.
<-- Proof.
Inb4, no paragraph, very hard to read, go fuck yourselves. I can't be bothered to type properly in a 5x5 box.
>>
File: 1425683633310.jpg (69 KB, 640x495) Image search: [Google]
1425683633310.jpg
69 KB, 640x495
Wait, are there actually people ITT claiming that ethiopians don't have any middle eastern ancestry? That's insane.
>>
>>244548
>Wait, are there actually people ITT claiming that ethiopians don't have any middle eastern ancestry?
No.
>>
I missed when Caucasian only mentioned people from the Caucasus.
>>
>>244548
Holy shit that poor fucking cat ;_;
>>
>>244537
I'm thinking of making a new thread for this, because this one might 404 soon. I'm very knowledgeable about Ethiopia and I'll answer, most if not all of your questions. I'm more than eager to kick that ignorance of yours out of your asses. And, leave you lot with solid information about Ethiopia and it's people that came from a credible source, and might help in changing your views about us. Can one of you lot instruct me on how to interlink two threads?
Am major newfag.
>>
>>244566
What about : >>242481
>>243281
>>
>>244567
I don't think anyone is claiming East Africans to be Caucasian, but contact have had them features of Caucasians.
>>
>>244578
They're not claiming that either. They're just saying it's not the main genetic separator between the people of the Ethiopian plateau and neighboring region of Africa.
>>
>>244593
The source of their "Caucasian" features (this is meaningless) could come from either direction since they're likely the progenitors of the populations that initially spread out of Africa as well as having persistent contact with said colonists across the Red Sea for many millennia.
>>
>>244596
>They're not claiming that either.
Have we read the same thread? That guy was quite clearly arguing that the "caucasoid" features of habesha people didn't originate from a "back to africa" migration of middle easterners.
>>
>>244614
>Have we read the same thread?
Yes. The difference is, you're an idiot.

>That guy was quite clearly arguing that the "caucasoid" features of habesha people didn't originate from a "back to africa" migration of middle easterners.
Those are not contradictory thoughts. You are a moron.
>>
>>241469
That pre agricultural was during the neolithic as I recall.
>>
>>244626
>Yes. The difference is, you're an idiot.
Oh wow, someone's mad.

>Those are not contradictory thoughts
What do you mean by that? No migration happened? Or migration happened?

I'm not sure if I should call you nigger or semi-nigger.
>>
>>244635
>What do you mean by that? No migration happened? Or migration happened?
It's possible to, get this, have travel going in BOTH directions, both at different times, or even the same time! Weird, isn't it?

Another secret that will blow your mind: the world doesn't cease to exist when you close your eyes. Also, that figure in the mirror mimicking your motions? It's you!
>>
>>244635
>I'm not sure if I should call you nigger or semi-nigger.
You sure are showing nigger like levels of reading comprehension and basic logic to be throwing stuff like this around
>>
>>244652
>It's possible to, get this, have travel going in BOTH directions, both at different times, or even the same time! Weird, isn't it?
Wait what? Now you're claiming nilotics traveled to the middle east? Wut?

>Another secret that will blow your mind: the world doesn't cease to exist when you close your eyes.
You don't have to tell me this, I'm a superior white man with a superior intelligence.

>Also, that figure in the mirror mimicking your motions? It's you!
Funny you should bring this up, considering african children routinely fail the mirror test. A test which, I remind you, is passed by most chimpanzees.

http://www.psychology.emory.edu/cognition/rochat/lab/cultural%20variations%20in%20children's%20mirror%20self-recognition.pdf

I didn't want the thread to devolve to this, but you started it. Funny thing is, I'm the one who'll get banned.
>>
>>244668
>You sure are showing nigger like levels of reading comprehension and basic logic to be throwing stuff like this around
How? The question is relevant to the thread.

Well, since that ethiopian guy is trying so hard to prove that he is 100% "afrikan" untainted native, I'll do him the courtesy of calling him a nigger.
>>
>>244681
When you first started school, how long did it take your teacher to get you to grasp that while a square is a kind of rectangle, not all rectangles are squares? Or are you still working on it?
>>
>>235683
Christianity is a civilizing force. It's not Christian anymore so it fell to shit.
>>
>>244697
>When you first started school, how long did it take your teacher to get you to grasp that while a square is a kind of rectangle, not all rectangles are squares?
I don't remember. White people learn this kind of stuff in first grade, not in high school like you niggers.
>>
>>244691
I'm not the one you're arguing with, mate. And, as far as I know, I am the only Ethiopian here, but haven't said anything which concerns my ethnicity, so... Unless there's another Ethiopian here, in which case, you're not completely delusional.
I'm
>>244537
>>244574
>>
>>244681
>is passed by most chimpanzees.
About half actually.

>African
>Kenyans represent all Africans
Keep it up

Also did you actually read the link you're posting? Because it's not the slam dunk you think it is.
>>
>>244722
He's completely delusional. I'm the one currently arguing with him and I'm Scottish. I dunno, I haven't checked on /pol/ in awhile. Maybe Celts are niggers this year.
>>
>>244614
Read the Mota man.

There was back flow of Neolithic farmers into Africa that affected the DNA of the entire continent massively with the Horn being the most. This was before modern ethnic groups were even formed.

There already was agriculture in the Horn of Africa when they arrived, but they introduced new crops and animals to the region like Barley.
>>
>>244722
>I am the only Ethiopian here,
Read the thread, in the middle of it there's this ethiopian guy claiming that ethiopians are completely indigenous and never mixed with middle easterners. This is the ridiculousness I was calling out.

>>244727
>About half actually.
Pretty impressive t b h

>African
>Kenyans represent all Africans
>shifting the goalposts

I'm just messing with you. Why are you so aggressive anyways? Insecurity?
>>
>>244681
>http://www.psychology.emory.edu/cognition/rochat/lab/cultural%20variations%20in%20children's%20mirror%20self-recognition.pdf

"During the testing and subsequent coding of the Kenyan participants, our impression was that
they understood that it was themselves in the mirror, that the mark was unexpected, but that they were unsure of an acceptable response and therefore dared not touch or remove it. Once again, there was no sign of greeting or smiling when children viewed themselves in the mirror (as indicated by the coding of freezing behavior), as is the case in most young Western toddlers who do not pass the MSR test. The inhibition demonstrated by freezing of these children suggests that we may be assessing false negative responses to the test."

I could quote more
>>
>>244757
>I could quote more
I couldn't care less.
>>
>>244748
>Read the thread, in the middle of it there's this ethiopian guy claiming that ethiopians are completely indigenous and never mixed with middle easterners.
No there isn't. Most there is is a guy saying that most of the crossover was confined to the coast and the transmission was primarily cultural. Which is a reasonable assertion.

>I'm just messing with you. Why are you so aggressive anyways? Insecurity?
>I was only pretending to be retarded

>>244762
Thanks for taking the effort to inform me how little you care.
>>
>>244741
>There was back flow of Neolithic farmers into Africa that affected the DNA of the entire continent massively with the Horn being the most.
THANK YOU

So there indeed was a "back to africa" migration of middle easterners.
>>
I think that it's laughable that you lot are trying to hard to prove wrong one another, when neither of you really know the context. Let me explain, you're talking about Ethiopians, or Habesha, and claiming that they have arabic origins. But, that couldn't be any sillier since neither of us know whom you're referring to by "Ethiopian", if you're talking about the majority which are the Oromos, than I must say that you're awfully mistaken because Oromos, which inhabit the center and southern regions of Ethiopia aren't Caucasian looking, nor Semitic, but completely Omotic.
This is laughable to be honest, but whatever. None of you are willing to listen, you'd rather pointlessly argue over meaningless things.
>>
>>244748
Modern middle eastern people did not exist back then.
>>
>>244769
>Most there is is a guy saying that most of the crossover was confined to the coast and the transmission was primarily cultura
Except it wasn't...

>Thanks for taking the effort to inform me how little you care.
I quoted this article because in your pathetic attempt at bantz (seriously, you suck at it) you taunted me with "haha you don't know what your reflection in a mirror is" (is that really an insult in ethiopia?)
>>
>>244741
>There was back flow of Neolithic farmers into Africa that affected the DNA of the entire continent massively
oh please, they barley made a difference
>>
File: CeremonialUniforms.jpg (155 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
CeremonialUniforms.jpg
155 KB, 500x375
>be from Nazret
>all these anons claiming Ethiopians aren't black

I've literally never heard of another Ethiopian denying black unless he's one of those wannabe arabs from Addis Ababa
>>
>>244773
I (the evil racist guy) am talking about habeshas

I mean I had an eritrean roommate once, it was painfully obvious that he was at least half semitic.

>>244789
Right, ancient middle easterners existed. Whose descendents are modern middle easterners.
>>
>>244798
You are silly.
>>
>>244798
I want Britbongs to leave
>>
>>244735
Ah! Okay. I haven't followed your conversation, but have you thought about arab merchant who flowed into Ethiopia? Most of the arabic looking Ethiopians are located in the eastern region, where the majority are muslims. The horn part of Ethiopia.
>>
>>244805
Ha, there seems to be dissension in the ethiopian camp.
>>
>>244814
No one thinks you're an evil racist, you're just kind of dumb and embarrassing to observe tbqh
>>
>>244815
Is this another attempt at banter?

>>244816
Not even britbong.
>>
>>244805
It was massive change though
All modern Africans carry the genes especially since the Bantu migrations spread it further.
All Africans bare minimum carry 6% of those genes from that migration from Iraq, Turkey, Iran and Syria long go.
>>
>>244827
>you're just kind of dumb and embarrassing to observe t
Why? Because I have a pair of functioning eyes and realize that pic related has eurasian admixture?
>>
>>244818
I'm sure they're in the mix but skull shape is a retarded way of doing this and there's haplogroups from that region of Africa in the Semitic population of Yemen. So it's more complex than "Arabs came and then they wuz white cept not"
>>
>>244806
I doubt that you are, dude. I'm also Ethiopian but I disagree with what you have to say about us Ethiopians. Type in Ethiopian to prove your claim. I've already proven mine here, >>244537
>>
>>244821
>>244836
>missing the joke
smhtbqh

>>244837
No because you say dumb things
>>
>>244836
>>244821
it was a pun, sorry
>>
>>244861
It's on them for being stupid or autistic
>>
>>244860
>haha i troll u

pls, its_time_to_stop_posting.tiff
>>
>>244877
Puns are not trolling
>>
>>244814
Thing is the genes and evolve over time and the genes that Africans received and the ones that Euros received changed over time where you can say
"hey both received shit from Neolithic farmers from nearby regions but both evolved different over time and the people received various amount of that flow"
>>
>>244876
true, well at least you noticed it senpai
>>
>>244814
>I mean I had an eritrean roommate once, it was painfully obvious that he was at least half semitic.
You run a gel on him or are you just talking out of your ass?
>>
>>235683
Christianity
>>
>>244860
>>244861
>>244876

I couldn't read the sarcasm.

Sorry it's hard to
>>
>>244887
>Thing is the genes and evolve over time and the genes that Africans received and the ones that Euros received changed over time where you can say
Mmmmh, sure, but they couldn't have evolved that much in that short time span. I mean, that's the reason why ethiopians have caucasoid facial features : that neolithic farmer admixture.

>>244895
>You run a gel on him
The fuck does that mean?
>>
>>244916
Puns are not sarcasm.
>>
>>244896
Wrong bub.
It's indigenous Christianity, one that was developed by it's people after Frumentius brought the faith to the region and converted the Aksumite ruler but saying it's the primary cause is retarded as fuck tbhfam
>>
>>244921
>Mmmmh, sure, but they couldn't have evolved that much in that short time span.
Do you even have the slightest idea how much time we're talking? It's already obvious you know fuck all about population genetics or genetics in general, do you at least know anything about the history in question?
>>
>>244934
Yeah it was on a different course from the rest of subsaharan Africa long before Christianity even existed.
>>
>>244924
How much, if any is left, do you lose your self-respect when you samefag like this?
>>
>>244936
>Do you even have the slightest idea how much time we're talking?
I'm guessing something like 5 to 8 thousand years?

>It's already obvious you know fuck all about population genetics or genetics in general,
Ooh this is a dangerous path you're walking. I probably know far more than you, so tread carefully

> do you at least know anything about the history in question?
Yes, 99% of my questions are rhetorical.
>>
>>244941
That's not what samefagging means, either.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.