[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Origins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: Ba Trung.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Ba Trung.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1500
Since none can lay claim to /his/ as their home board quite yet, I would like to ask what board we're all from and your historical area(s) of interest?
>>
Those are some huge ass elephants
>>
>>22319
Yes, yes they are.
>>
>>22319
No there's not. There's actually quite small.
>>
>>22403
they're
>>
>>22252
/pol/
Prussia,Japan and India.
I got sucked in the Evola hype and find Eastern history especially Vedic India to be trippy as fuck.
>>
>>22252
I'm from /b/. I lurk on various history threads, but I'm here for religious debate, not history.
>>
>>22252
I'm from /co/ , /tg/ , /lit/ and /mu/
mostly /mu/ though. My historical interst lies in late hellenic and slavic areas and latin america.
>>
/pol/

I'm up for anything really, I'm pretty interested in history and it doesn't really matter what the topic at hand is.
>>
/a/
I really like medieval European history, particularly English. Other areas of interest are American history and the ancient middle east.
>>
/v/ mostly
I'm interested in basically everything pre Renaissance, with a focus on Rome and England
>>
>>22252
I'm a /tg/ fellow mostly, occasionally go around other boards. Used to be huge into /int/ but the bants were too spicy for me.

This place seems like a pretty good spot to chill about and talk about philosophies and historical wars.
>>
/lit/, hype as fuck for this board, been waiting years

My interests are East Asia in the Twentieth Century and the history of the Habsburg dynasty (yes a weird mix).
>>
>>22252
/int/ reporting.
Anything is fine.
>>
>>22252

/pol/

European and christian history.
>>
I'm from /g/ and /r9k/, latter of which has been rather slow lately. I like military history.
>>
>>22746
>/int/ reporting.
Go back
>>
/lit/
I'm honestly infuriated that this board has siphoned away everything that made lit a place for quality discussion.
>>
File: three kingdoms.jpg (418 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
three kingdoms.jpg
418 KB, 1024x768
/a/

Three Kingdoms and general European history, with a focus on Britain and her colonies.
>>
/co/ and /cgl/
South America is best continent
>>
/co/

Pre-industrial European history

Basically when rifles replace muskets, I'm out
>>
/X/, /co/, [s4s] and /d/ when I'm feeling weird.
The Victorian era on up to the modern day, to be general. I read mostly about ww2 and the cold war.
>>
i've been lurking /pol/ for a while because it's a trainwreck, but I guess I mostly only post on /sci/ and /mu/. this board seems promising so I hope it turns out alright.
>>
>>22795
Because /lit/ is one of the worst shitholes on the site and now that you guys have to talk about literature you're realizing how awful you all are
How does it feel to be more pretentious than /mu/?
>>
File: 1446268689458.png (152 KB, 278x360) Image search: [Google]
1446268689458.png
152 KB, 278x360
I'm from /a/

I'm not quite sure how I got here
>>
/int/ here. I imagine we'll be taking this board over completely desu
>>
>>22867
/his/torians shouldn't be pretentious. I think it would kill the board.
>>
/pol/

I prefer Greeks, Romans, Crusaders, Vikings, Anglo-Saxons, and Germans
>>
I'm from /lit/ and /pol/.

My main interests are Iranian history, particularly the Sasanian period, and the Eastern Christian civilizations.

I began as a Byzantinophile and moved into Iran from there.
>>
File: Nazi Lolis.jpg (449 KB, 850x630) Image search: [Google]
Nazi Lolis.jpg
449 KB, 850x630
>>22888
>>
>>22252
/fit/. I love Russian history, Chinese history, and African history mostly.
>>
>>22889
Stop the migration :/

>>22914
>/pol/
>Germans
ewwww
>>22945
>African history
>African
>History
pick none
>>
>>22252
/mlp/, /vg/, /k/...
I'm up for anything. Just hope this doesn't become a shithole.
>>
/lit/, /mu/, and /pol/

I am particularly interested in Mongolia, Cold War, Post WWII 'nuclear era' and Latin America
>>
>>22910
/his/choolers can't be pretentious, otherwise /lit/ would have no reason to exist
>>
File: 1433980856378.jpg (34 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
1433980856378.jpg
34 KB, 425x283
Either /v/, /tv/, or /pol/. Three of the shittiest boards, I know. I can't say I browse one significantly more than the others, but if anything I'd say it's /v/.

Glad to share this board with you bros. Hopefully it won't go to shit too soon.
>>
>>22252
/v/ and /int/

bit of overlap in the list but
>19th century
>Revolutionary/Napoleonic France
>18th century Europe
>Sengoku Jidai and Meiji era Japan
>Alexander the Great and the Diadochi
>Republican Rome

although i find most history interesting
>>
/tg/.

The notion of an era is a flawed and outdated historiography. Time alone is not enough, but time and place must both be considered. I'd say my interest is more accurately stated as anthropology though. In particular, the transition from tribal mindsets to "civilized" societies of high social complexity. That happened at different times in different parts of the world.
>>
A bastard combo of /r9k/, /int/, /s4s/, and /wg/.
I usually let steam out in /s4s/
I personally find Colonial britain, 20th century, and Pax Romana interesting
>>
I usually just lurk on /b/ and /pol/
I'm mostly interested in European history. At the moment I'm interested in learning about Carthage and Prussia.
>>
File: 1407815665354.jpg (878 KB, 986x1369) Image search: [Google]
1407815665354.jpg
878 KB, 986x1369
>>23102
>>
>>22252
/tg/ and /pol/
I'm here for just about anything, but in particular philosophy and the bronze age middle east
>>
>>22717
why the line at the renaissance? I'm asking as someone into the feuding city-state era of italy.
>>
>>22997
Oh forgot to say, I really enjoy history related to - but not exclusively - Napoleonic France, the wild west, and the Industrial Revolution (particularly in America). Not very well versed in history, but hopefully I can learn some stuff here.
>>
>>22970
>>African
>>History
>pick none
Very original, totally unexpected. I've only read a few books on African history: King Leopold's Ghost, Dancing in the Glory of Monsters, and Africa: Altered States, Ordinary Miracles. I don't know much about African history, but you seem to know a lot about it, maybe you could explain to me how an entire continent populated by hundreds of millions of people can have no history. I mean even fucking Antarctica has history.
>>
/mlp/, /lit/, and /int/

100% euroboo with most of my interest and knowledge in the middle ages, but I'm more than willing to expand, especially in 17th and up. I wouldn't mind learning a bit more about Rome or antiquity either. So really any European history peaks my interest
>>
>>23081
/wg/ is both the dankest and chillest board.
/wg/ /co/ /mu/ here, interested in imperialist russia and the transition to the soviet state
>>
I'm a Colonist from /int/

I'm into European history in general

My favorite empire is the Byzantine Empire

My favorite modern country is Serbia
>>
>>23191
>maybe you could explain to me how an entire continent populated by hundreds of millions of people can have no history.
Some guy chucked a spear,another guy ran away from lions, some arabs came and conquered the north, than whites came. Not alot of history desu.
>>23354
>My favorite modern country is Serbia
Serbs are basically white niggers
>>
File: 48153529_p0.png (645 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
48153529_p0.png
645 KB, 1400x1050
/a/. Here to see how long the new board smell will last and try to do my bit to prevent that by ignoring shit threads and posting in better ones.

Interested in anything history, really. Just limited by what I haven't had the time to get around reading yet. I sort of pity people who refuse to read anything outside one narrow subject, usually the history of their own race/country, as I think the real fun in history comes from comparing societies and kingdoms and what factors led to their different trajectories.
>>
>>23352
Yeah, if i feel really chill i go to wg for some papes.
I do have some interest in the soviet sattelite statsses, and by extension, yugoslav wars/romanian revolution
>>
>>23391
Serbia literally did nothing wrong tbqh
>>
>all of us
>>
/lit/ and /fit/
East Asian and Middle Eastern history is what I've been digging learning about lately, but I like discussing anything really.
>>
File: rip king charlie.jpg (368 KB, 1280x827) Image search: [Google]
rip king charlie.jpg
368 KB, 1280x827
/pol/

I am interested in European history in general, but more specifically European history between the time of Charlemagne and WWI. Even more specifically, I like the Victorian Era, and the British Empire.
>>
Mostly /pol/ now, but when I used 4chan more often I'd go on /co/ and /a/ a lot as well.

I mostly just want to see some pretty pictures and don't have a lasting area of historical interest.
>>
>>22252
>would like to ask what board we're all from
None in particular. I mostly visit /int/, /tv/ and /fit/
>and your historical area(s) of interest?
Literally everything as I'm studying history.
>>
[spoiler]/mlp/[/spoiler]

I have strong ancestral roots in /gsg/ how ever.
>>
>>22252
I come from /asp/ and /aco/ with occasional stops into /tg/

My areas of interest are Irish History, Sports History, Korean History and ironically, Far Right Intellectual History.
>>
/lit/
I'm mostly interested in theology/philosophy. My historical interest is limited to Ancient Greece/Rome and great historical battles
>>
/pol/

Interests are western civilization in general
>>
>>23191
I really want to pick up Dancing in the Glory of Monsters.

You should check out Africa's World War. That is a REALLY good book. Also, really fucking funny.
>>
Who /gsg/ here
>>
>>23748
I am

>tfw paradox sale
>>
>>23748
Anyone with a plebish and shallow understanding of history, and a focus on the Victorian era.
>>
File: anton feelinikin.jpg (28 KB, 220x318) Image search: [Google]
anton feelinikin.jpg
28 KB, 220x318
>>22252
/lit/ and /co/
My historical areas of interest are the Russian Civil War's counter-revolutionary armies, China's Warlord Era, Italy from roughly 1890-1945, along with the Spanish Civil War, and America's interwar period politics, mostly based around FDR and Huey Long. And the history of the Mafia and Vichy France, but those're lesser ones.
>>
/vr/ here, i'd like to see the day a shitposter from /vr/ redirects someone who attempts to do a videogame history thread here, its going to be a laughfest for 1 minute.
>>
>>23717
It was good, but very confusing because there's like 30 factions. I want to reread it.
>>
/pol/ /tv/ /sp/

I want learn about black kings that ruled Egypt
>>
File: 1443087457630.png (334 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
1443087457630.png
334 KB, 640x350
>>22252
/int/ and /vg/.

I've been dreaming for this board for fucking ever.

I just wish people would pipe down about their /pol/ boogeyman and discuss history.
Sadly, they just can't get over their fear of /pol/, when it is they who are shitting up /his/ at the moment with their saltiness in every thread.

It's starting to give me a headache.
>>
>>23748
You in the steam group yet :^)
>>
>>23893
I am, but I'm not going to tell you who I am.
>>
>>23884
Yeah I've been really disgusted by the forced meme that "history will be /pol/".

It really had no basis in reality, or prove to say why it would be that way. Historians would naturally be nazis? wow implications

now you see them forcing this stale meme all over this board. for every 1 moderate polack theres like 20 autists spamming things against /pol/

really shows how casual the rest of this site is, ie retarded outside of like 5-6 boards
>>
>>23478
Black Hand ring a bell? In the grand scheme of things, Serbian independence isn't worth the decline of Europe.
>>
File: 1444157039902.jpg (50 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1444157039902.jpg
50 KB, 406x364
/b/ /pol/ /x/ /tv/ and maybe sometimes /lit/ /an/ /g/

Im heavily interested in Amer. History and its place in the world. But also have been interested in world history along side Americans.

For now, I'll just lurk and may write in a few responses if I feel anything should be side. I like playing devils advocate in order to allow a discussion to be healthy and not just one side.

I worry about /pol/ and /lit/ shitposting but I feel the very vocal minority will be banned swiftly and efficiently. This board is very young and I have high hopes.

Now that I think about it. I'll probably make a American foreign policy general sometime in the general future
>>
>>23977
Read the sticky, no generals.
>>
>>24009
Ahh no generals. Hmm i wonder what ill do then. Probably lurk around, ill check the sticky since im on my phone. Thanks anon
>>
/m/ here. Anything pre-industrial, especially classical stuff.
>>
>>23884
The interesting thing is you can tell the people who have never spent more than a minute on /pol/ by how scared they act of /pol/.

/pol/ by in large are realists and are surprisingly factual about most things.

I think a lot of people try to dismiss something as /pol/ when they don't like what they hear, whether it's false or not.
>>
>>23809
Hey, I've always wanted to ask someone else with an interest in the field this:

Do you think Italy's foreign policy aims, policies, and methods were fundamentally the same from 1890 to 1945?
>>
>>24042
You could still make an American foreign policy thread, if it's about the historical context of it.
>>
/co/, /sp/, /v/.
>>
File: units.jpg (288 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
units.jpg
288 KB, 1024x768
/twg/ /a/ and /vr/

Ancient History and Culture are my favorite topic of discussion here.
>>
>>24084
Accidentally posted. Anyways areas of interest is industrial era, most of American history. Theology debates would be great as well though.
>>
>>24059
Right now there are five threads about "how to stop the big bad /pol/ from taking our history discussion away from poor little us /his/torians"

I don't get why the mods don't delete them or tell them to go to /qa/ for this meta trite, then proceed to lock the threads.
>>
/tv/ and /gsg/ in /vg/

I have a history boner
>>
>>24144
And right now the Catholic thread was deleted despite it being related to this board, yet they're fine and dandy about the other threads plaguing the first page.
>>
>>22252
/v/ mostly with /tv/ /a/ and /pol/ as frequent visits
Pretty much anything after the xiv century and maybe romans are interesting too
contemporary history is pretty interesting
>>
>>22252
/pol/, if it is history I will find it interesting.

>inb4 racist
There was no /his/ board before so it was the best I could do ;_;
>>
/r9k/ /tv/ and /k/ are my primary boards. I also visit /v/ and /ck/ less often. I have a major interest in military history, specifically military technology and even more specifically military aviation.
I'm excited about this board, I like /k/ for discussion of weapons and military stuff, but the general hivemind and politics sometimes gets in the way of my enjoyment.
>>
>>22252
My life goes orbits around /fit/, /sci/ and /int/ topics, but for general mental health I only browse /sci/, /g/ and /lit/.

This board just became a blessing for me desu.

I like history, languages and sociology.
>>
File: 1441403414265.jpg (289 KB, 881x1029) Image search: [Google]
1441403414265.jpg
289 KB, 881x1029
I casually browse /pol/ and /int/ but mostly I browse /n/ because I love cycling. My favorite area of history is the Columbian Exchange.
>>
File: 1443899741624.jpg (105 KB, 484x869) Image search: [Google]
1443899741624.jpg
105 KB, 484x869
>>24140
/twg/ as well. I used to go to /tg/ when i was more into warhammer but then I got into history stuff. also go on /a/ and I go on /v/, /toy/ and /r9k/ when im bored
>>
/b/ /pol/ /sp/
Roman, European, and sport. I could never really get into Asian history because of lack of intrigue. I always thought it was dull
>>
>>24294
>Asia
>Lack of intrigue
...Are you from bizzaro earth?
>>
>>24281
oh fuck also I have interest in a lot of historical periods but got a special boner for late rome
>>
File: Philippe-Petain.jpg (43 KB, 605x412) Image search: [Google]
Philippe-Petain.jpg
43 KB, 605x412
>>24075
Depends on how we want to define the policy aim. If we say Italy wanted to become a major world player, than yes their methods didn't really change. Although the reasoning behind their policies and methods did change over time, even if the end-goal didn't. With the build-up to WW1, the Italians were just concerned with getting areas that were full of Italians that had to be liberated from foreign rule, with empire building as less of a focus. It was after Mussolini however that Italy redefined what it meant to be a great world power, and that was to have both a large colonial empire, and an equally large army. However, now instead of just places that were full of Italians under foreign rule, now it turned to areas that were historically "Italian" and for those areas to become Italian again.

tl;dr Policies and methods? Remained the same. Policy aims? Changed over time as Italy redefined what those aims were, since they definitely changed from the 1890-1918, to 1919-1945 periods.
>>
>>24294
>I could never really get into Asian history because of lack of intrigue
You need to read about Japan's Daimyo politics.
>>
>>24294
Then you haven't read Asian history at all. Like seriously, what the fuck are you smoking.
>>
>>24313
>>24354
It's mostly because I dislike the art style. I do like Polynesian areas though
>>
File: 1371083851583.png (193 KB, 370x380) Image search: [Google]
1371083851583.png
193 KB, 370x380
>>22888
>>23421
What they said.
>>
>>22252
/pol/ack here

My favourite eras of history is medieval, and the age of European empires, late antiquity is also really cool
>>
/tg/, /a/, and /int/

World War 2, and European and American History.
>>
>/his/ is actually a new colony filled with people from various tribes and nations.
>>
>>24557
same
>>
/a/

Medieval Roman/Byzantine/Greek/whogivesafuckreally? Empire
>>
/co/, /ck/, /tg/, /lgbt/

Anything really but I love the Crusades, the middle ages in general, the Byzantines. I want to learn more about Eastern Africa, particularly Ethiopia.
>>
>>22252
/int/ and /b/ mostly, was hoping to make this a regular board as well, my favorite /his/ topics are the Roman Empire and European history from the Renaissance up to the industrial revolution. I also like 1914-1945, not a Hitler fan don't worry. I absolutely hate religious history.
>>
French Indochina
>>
>>24762
>>24557
Same here, also 1800s
>>
File: Satsuki is cute CUTE.png (173 KB, 600x488) Image search: [Google]
Satsuki is cute CUTE.png
173 KB, 600x488
I don't have a home board. I pop around from /g/ /v/ /sci/ /fa/ /int/ to /trv/ /i/ /ic/ and occasionally /jp/ but really I visit every board except /mu/ /sp/ /fit/ and /asp/.

I'm interested in getting an A-Z understanding of history and generally a better base of knowledge to build on. I don't know shit because public school.
>>
This is my first board, and I'm liking it so far. I'm into Central Asian and Middle Eastern history. Cool old interaction between sedentary and non-sedentary peoples, you know?
>>
This board will be interesting for a bit, with all the people coming from mostly /lit/, /pol/, and /int/. Expect a lot of shitposting
>>
I'm from /tg/, though I've dabbled in /k/ a bit. My period of interest is the medieval period to the Renaissance, with a focus on the late medieval period. I've recently been fixing to go on an Asian history binge though.
>>
File: 3753-866412091.png (1 MB, 2475x2700) Image search: [Google]
3753-866412091.png
1 MB, 2475x2700
I'm from /a/.

I'm interested in WW2 military history.
>>
File: 1430285856847.png (84 KB, 953x1760) Image search: [Google]
1430285856847.png
84 KB, 953x1760
/lit/ and /adv/
>>
File: 1398151725535.png (513 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1398151725535.png
513 KB, 960x720
>>24935
Don't let the schooling thing hold you back. Public schooling is space filling for the most part, trying to get stupid lazy fucks to recognize at least SOME elements of history so they're not completely unaware of it. It's never meant to give you a serious understanding of any sort of history, especially since big dick vote scrounging politicians are always sticking their dicks in it to win the next election.

Really ALL school, public, prviate, college, even fucking GRAD school, is NOT about teaching YOU history. Most courses are their to give you a basic background, which you can use to study history yourself, and then as you advance, to learn how to study history, how to evaluate sources, how to be a critical thinker (as cringe-worthy of a catch phrase as that sounds it's actually true). You then USE that to start studying yourself, reading different sources, comparing them, learning from them Evaluating them. It's a process, history isn't about learning "the facts" because so often the "facts" are totally obscured to us, we have some random Greek dude telling us "oh yeah this TOTALLY happened ( before I was even born)" and that's it.
>>
File: Hans-Ulrich.jpg (41 KB, 300x435) Image search: [Google]
Hans-Ulrich.jpg
41 KB, 300x435
/int/ here

I'm hoping to find two of my primary interests on this brand new board: One is, quite simply, war. The other one, oddly enough, is discussion about the future of the human race. It's closely tied with its history, both ancient and recent.
Also what >>24935 said, znanie = sila, I want to know everything.

Pic vaguely related, it's the first historical war image I've found in my downloads folder.
Also posting board theme (I don't necessarily agree with all the lyrics, it just came across my mind when I first opened the board)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNt5iK8EuAU
>>
>>25184
Ah ok. Is there a recommended reading in the sticky yet? I just bought a bookshelf and I want to fill it with some nice leatherbound tomes and math textbooks don't normally come in leather.
>>
File: Fraiser Laugh.gif (2 MB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Fraiser Laugh.gif
2 MB, 225x225
>>25127
That last panel killed me.
>>
>>22252
/lit/

I'm very interested in the history of bourgeoisie class, their rise to power etc. But i'm here to debate analytic philosophy, i'm tired of /lit/'s continental bullshit.
>>
/out/ and /mu/. Expertise in music and art history, mainly 1500-1750.
My biggest interest is the 'daily life' throughout history, and not all the politics and economics on the top level.

Magna Frisia.
>>
>>23391
Ignoring the native kingdoms and Empires such as the Ethopian Empire, kingdom of Kongo, Swahili city states, Mali, Songhai, Timbuktu and a muiltiude more. But no the entire continent was just tribal people hunting lions From the Sahara to the Cape.
>>
File: 33875361.jpg (4 MB, 2256x3142) Image search: [Google]
33875361.jpg
4 MB, 2256x3142
/m/ reporting in. I'm not particularly interested in history, in fact, I rather dislike it. I am, however, interested in different worldviews and cultures, so I'm hoping that I can learn from this board since "nigger jew holohoax" shitposting seems to be prohibited. I think that in order to properly form an opinion, I must be able to observe situations using both my own mind and the minds of others so that I'll be better equipped to come to a fair and reasonable conclusion.

Also, this board has mythology.
>>
>>22580
The most boring kind of debate.
What do you hope to gain from it?
>>
>>25328
no one will ever be interested in analytic philosophy, this board will be mostly about continental
>>
>>25379
I'm not educated on philosophy whatsoever, but from what I understand, analytical would be precisely my kind of philosophy, so that's at least two of us
That being said, >>25328, can you recommend any good reading?
>>
There is literally so much you can choose from it's mind boggling. Look for books that offer a general survey on historical things, broad strokes sort of thing (John Keay's histories of China and India are examples). From then you start to branch into slightly more scholarly, but still written for a general audeince books, these will be more focused on an specific things. (Inheritance of Rome, and Barbarians and Empire are examples I can pull out of my ass at this exact moment). From here you can, if you want start to move into real scholarly shit, the heavy obscure shit, like the farmining habits of late medieval greek peasants in north Thrace (ok most of it isn't that archaic) and into source documents where they are available.

And at any point, if you feel like it, sprinkle in the "classics" Thucyides, Herodtus, Anna Commene, etc etc, but understand what you're reading, and take everything with a grain of salt (this applies to EVERYTHING you read, don't be stupid and accept things at face value).

One last important thing, toss any "ideological purity" bullshit out the window before you even start. You can still be as much of an ideologue as you want, but never refuse to read something because it's contents might "Taint" your personal ideology or something.
>>
>>25528
meant for >>25259
>>
happy to see people from other boards then just /pol/ coming to /his/
>>
>>25345
Ignore the /pol/
>>
>>22252
s4s :^)

niceness and philanthropy through human history
>>
Mostly use /int/ and /gsg/, but I havent been in the latter for about 3 months now. I'm interested in 19th century, rise of nationalism and other political ideologies troughout the world. I guess I like to talk about politics from a purely thoretical standpoint, but that just isnt possible on places like /pol/. I also enjoy 13th - 17th century weaponary and warfare, but do not know a whole lot about it.
>>
File: 1406580232414.jpg (56 KB, 634x900) Image search: [Google]
1406580232414.jpg
56 KB, 634x900
>>22252
/v/,/pol/, and /tg/ I listed multiple because I've been browsing them all for about the same length of time
I have an interest in medieval weaponry and armor, medieval weaponry fighting style, ancient martial arts, and ancient battlefield tactics
>>
>>25528
thank you. like really thank you. /his/ is literally the best board
>>
I use /mu/, /lit/ and /int/, interested Renaissance and Enlightenment-era Europe, especially the Ducth Golden Age, as well as American History and Feudal Japan, though I wish I knew more on that all of these topics. I'd like to learn more about Indian History as well, and Chinese history also intrigues me.
>>
>>22252
/tv/
renaissance, napoleonic & victorian era mostly.
>>
>>22252
I'm from /mlp/.
I'm interested in ancient cults , religions and philosophy.
>>
>>22252
/diy/, lurk on /b/, /pol/, /ck/, and /an/.

I like the age of exploration, from Magellan and Cook through the Arctic and Antarctic.
>>
File: 1445163681915.jpg (330 KB, 582x720) Image search: [Google]
1445163681915.jpg
330 KB, 582x720
>>24525
Same as this poster.
>>
>>22252
Lurked on /int/ and /k/
Mostly interested in France, WW2 (primarily Eastern Front and Pacific Theater) Victorian Age in general.
>>
/m/
British isles, early american, cold war
>>
>>22252
/pol/ Turn of the 20th century all the way up to now.

So WW1, WW2, And all of the cold war.
>>
>>22252
/tumblr/ my interests are herstory and strawmanning.

Check your privilege
>>
>>22252
/sp/

Industrial/early C20th Britain
>>
>>26005
So...youre from /pol/?
>>
>/pol/ doesn't visit /his/!

>>22470
>>22637
>>22764
>>22914
>>23582
>>23709
>>24557
>>25970
>>
>>26055
>posting on /pol/ mean your opinion is invalid.
>>
>>22252
>none can lay claim to /his/ as their home board quite yet
Bitch I been here since 2004.
/pol/ /tv/ [s4s] and /qa/.
>>
>>26050
/brit/ tbqh lads
>>
>>25580
You fucking would
>>
>>22252
/int/, mostly

I'm interested the most on the Victorian Era, with reinassance/modern period and its power struggles being a close second.
>>
>>26055
>people who are interested in politics would never like history
>>
>>26074
Oh, and my areas of interest are prehistory and classical antiquity.
>>
>>26128
Why would these people go to /pol/ though?
>>
>>26128
>/pol/
>politics
It's just memes about jews and dumb nazi propaganda, nothing else
>>
>>26128
>people who are interested in an ideology would never like to rewrite history to their benefit.
FTFY bruh.
>>
>>26211
because despite the /his/ meme that all that goes on there is racist shitposting, the vast majority of post are politics.
>>
/fa/, /pol/, /lit/

Roman Republic/Empire, vikings, WW2; mainly with a focus on European history and the development of rivaling empires outside of Europe.
>>
>>26309
>so /pol/ is to /his/ as Jews are to /pol/

Interesting.
>>
>>26400
After months of continuous international travel and decades of American life I have come to the conclusion that all hook-nosed people are complete garbage. They act differently and have a completely different demeanor than the rest of us. It's not just Jews. It is all hook-nosed people.

I was blind to this for most of my life. I think it was because many actors are hook-nosed and play nice people on TV and in movies. I was probably just brainwashed. Considering Hollywood is run by hook-nosed Jews I am now certain this brainwashing was deliberate on the part of the evil media producers.

The difference is night and day. If you haven't noticed, try paying attention. Notice the way hook-nosed people turn their back to you as you pass them on the street. Notice their rude demeanor. Look at the behavior of hook-nosed people in your lives versus that of the others. Yes, Jews are the ultimate examples of this, but I think the issue is biological and not religious. In fact, the non-hook-nosed Jewish people I encountered in Austria were some of the best people I've ever met.

The difference transcends race. Hook-nosed blacks are generally pieces of s***, while blacks with streamlined profiles and upward-turned noses are typically great (although still black). This rule applies to Indians, Asians, and all other ethnicities. I have found no exceptions. None. It is almost as if hook-nosed people are a purely evil race. I have also noticed that they are fully aware of their evil nature and most non-hook-nosed people are not. It's like hook-nosed people are all part of a silent conspiracy of evil.

I think it is time we stop focusing on skin color and take a real look at facial bone structure and classical eugenics as a way of measuring racial superiority. If we are going to have a race war we better make sure to draw the battle lines correctly.
>>
>>25345
Even the empires mentioned were fairly tribal, but I'm very open to new perspectives so if you have any interesting reading on those empires then I'm all up for reading it.
>>
>>26329
>/his/ meme
It is a wide known fact in every other board, are you already revising history and pretending /his/ invented it? This anon really nailed it >>26309
>>
/lit/, /lgbt/ and /mu/ here ;3

I want to learn about west and southern African culture as well as parts of East Africa. I also wouldn't mind learning more about the Native Americans. Also the Ottoman Empire has always peaked my interest to new levels. Basically stuff the Schools refuse to teach us.
>>
File: 2.jpg (41 KB, 520x350) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
41 KB, 520x350
/m/ and /vg/(/gsg/) at a stretch, rarely actively post or even lurk these days, indulge in it occasionally

Mostly interested in the period of History between the Congress of Vienna up until the rise of Hitler, so 1815-1933, fast change in Europe through this period both internationally and politically, in specific have a thing for British politics of the early 20th century
>>
>>26055
This board would be slow without /pol/

They love history.
>>
File: 1342733020925.gif (159 KB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
1342733020925.gif
159 KB, 240x135
>>26416
You know what I really like about freshly created boards? Tasting all new sorts of pasta.
>>
>>22252
/tg/, /adv/ and /pol/ would be my main ones. Maybe /b/ as well.

I'm just really into European/American history pre-WW2, but find most history interesting.
>>
I'm a board bedouin, currently settling from /lit/ and /r9k/
>>
>>26509
Not him and don't care for a blanket ban on /pol/, but a slow board is not necessarily a bad thing
>>
Crossboarders, please fuck off to your home boards

Nobody wants you here. Nobody wants /pol/ here, nobody wants /lit/ here, nobody wants /int/ here

Fuck off. This is /his/.
>>
>>26575
this desu senpai
>>
/sp/

History of the Americas, most notably colonial times and how they've impacted today.
>>
/pol/, /int/, and /tg/ for the most part
>>
/tg/ and /k/

I'm mostly interested in tribal weapons, combat, and tactics. I also enjoy history related humor.
>>
File: 1430873382432.jpg (1 MB, 1728x2592) Image search: [Google]
1430873382432.jpg
1 MB, 1728x2592
>>22252
I spend most of my time on /a/

I also occasionally browse /v/, /k/, /g/ and /int/.

I'm interested in the European middle ages and early modern period. To some extent I'm also interested in modern warfare, but mostly military aviation in WW1 and WW2.
>>
/a/ and /r9k/.

I'm mostly interested in the Plantagenets, the Turkic peoples and their histories, the Chinese dynasties, and tiny ethnic-groups that were both ethnicities and the ruling-class (like the Tutsi and the Manchu).
>>
/po/ and /mu/.

Yes /po/ not /pol/.

Mostly interested in Basque history, pre-Indo-European history, well, fuck it. European history in general. I'm trying to get into any sort of African history but it's pretty hard to get records of the sub-Saharan lads.

I like Assyria, the Basques, Hungary, Netherlands and Chile. The best empire in the world ever was pre-1931 Japanese Empire.
>>
/x/
Sumer, Egypt and Greece. also anything before that
>>
I'm from /int/

Hello
>>
/a/ here, interested in basically everything but particularly in medieval to enlightenment era europe
>>
>>22252
/a/ and /vp/

Mostly Greece up until the Peloponnesian Wars and both World Wars
>>
My home board is mostly irrelevant. Just call me a crossboarder, the title fits me just fine. I just like to learn about shit.

>"What do you like to learn about, Mr. Anon?"
Everything...
>>
>>26555
Tell that to 7chan, or, more accurately, tell it to their ghost town.
>>
File: sakura.webm (3 MB, 960x520) Image search: [Google]
sakura.webm
3 MB, 960x520
/a/ here too

Ancient history, plus middle ages and mythologies.

Couldn't care less about modern or contemporary.
>>
Mostly /a/, /v/ and /pol/. I only ever post on /v/, though. I can never think of anything to say on /a/ or /pol/, but they're enjoyable to browse and relevant to my interests I suppose.
>>
>>22252
I'm mostly on /cgl/ and /out/.

I'm interested in the indigenous cultures of Siberia and the Arctic. My favorite era of history is probably the early Neolithic, Natufian.
>>
>>22252
/pol/
Invention, warfare, and economics. What people were buying, where, and with what, absolutely fascinates me.
>InB4 jew
>>
/co/, /an/, /mu/ and /toy/
Modern (17thC onwards really) USA, Russia and central Europe.

People tend to think it's strange I don't do British history despite being a Britfag but, man, our history is aristocratic, political boredom.
>>
/sp/ here with stints at /lit/, /mu/ and /fa/ when I can stand them.

Interested in legal systems throughout history with a focus on Western theory and cases. But I'm here for the ambience too.
>>
/vg/ (/gsg/ mainly), /int/

The colonial era, mostly the Dutch and British empires fascinate me, also I have a huge hard on for Mussolini.
>>
/tv/, /r9k/, /lit/

Im mainly interested in the west. Especially the roman republic and empire.
>>
/v/ here. Got a hard n for everything pre-industrial revolution.
Slow down on the WW2 stuff people ffs.
>>
/pol/
Almost everything historical can get my interest
>>
/pol/

Jewish history
>>
>>22252
/tv/
I'm here to talk about the big guys in history.
>>
>>22252
>/tg/
>Philippines, Taiwan, China
>It's just nice to read about other country's fuck-ups and make them into settings or campaigns.
>>
>>22252
I'm from [s4s]. I hope to learn about anarchism, the spanish revolution, russian history, history of shamanism in northern european countries and such delightful things.
>>
>>23391
>Being this wrong
>>
>/ck/, /tv/, /pol/

>ancient Rome

the one thing I don't want to talk about is WW2 or the bloody Holocaust, it will ruin the board with /pol/ bullshit
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
/tr/
Nothing specific, maybe topics relating to Germany, since that's where I come from.
>>
/pol/ here
>>
>we actually have a history board

So fucking hype, can't wait for the monumental amount of shitposting that inevitably gets the board shut down.

I frequent /tg/ and /ic/. Used to frequent /v/ but I got sick of the attitude of that place.
Roman history got me into history, but due to getting work in that area I've had a renewed interest in first and second world war lately.
>>
>>22252
/co/

Mythology, colonization and the effects of after it ends, and philosophy to name a few.
>>
>>26309
This
>>
/lit/ desu senpai
Philosophy, the greeks, romans, the civil war, Ww2 and, the cold war.
>>
/r9k/ used to be my home board until they added the robot filter again, I mostly browse /a/, /pol/ and /x/ now.
I like the 19th century the most
>>
>>22252
I'm from /int/.
The human history, evolution, European history, Indo-Europeans, Germanics, mythology, ancient Greeks and Romans, HRR, Prussia, Babylon, Sumerians, languages, cultural conquest, medieval Europe, kings, tyrants, emperors and warlords, migration periods, architecture, both world wars, the cold war, biblic and religious interpretations of the history, historical literature, heroic epics, art, etc
>>
>>26509
There is literally nothing wrong with being slow. Just look at /m/.
>>
>>22252
/int/ & /tg/ that was basically the place people discussed about /his/tory before.

I think /k/ is interested in this board too.
>>
File: 1444680629829.jpg (168 KB, 584x600) Image search: [Google]
1444680629829.jpg
168 KB, 584x600
>>22252
/tg/
>>
Don't have a home board. Browse /pol/, /tv/, /o/, /trv/, and /g/.

I like it all, but my favourite areas of history are probably pre-history, and North America.
>>
>>23191
If you want a good overview of post-independence Africa "The Fate of Africa" by Martin Meredeth is fantastic.

A Continent For the Taking by Howard French is another GREAT Africa read.
>>
>>22252
/pol/ but I got bored with it ever since too many fatpilled edgelords took over. More interested in history than politics anyway
>>
>all these /int/ people
What is int about? I have an IR degree but somehow I've never thought to check out /int/ in all my years on 4chan. I assumed it's /trv/ with flags.
>>
File: hqdefault-15.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-15.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>28929
>>
>>32181

It's reddit with flags. Mostly teenagers from facebook and other social media directly coming there without coming from the other boards.
A few NEET from /r9k/

Lots of links with /pol/ and /r9k/ obviously, since they're also the new entryways in 4chan for the late millenials.
>>
/b/ and /r9k/
Military history is the shit
>>
/pol/ /k/ /b/ /m/

I like Medieval history, all of it
>>
/pol/

balkan history
>>
File: 1443660452334.gif (3 MB, 300x236) Image search: [Google]
1443660452334.gif
3 MB, 300x236
From /tg/, /cgl/, and /k/. I'd be lying if I said I didn't browse /pol/.

In the way of history, I love medieval europe, specifically the crusades. Reading a lot about meiji japan and Tang china right now for school.
>>
>>22252
visitor from 8gag's /his/ here

honestly though I left here because I wished for something with less stale shit and powerhungry mods it ended up being exactly that: staler shit with shittier mods
>>
>>22252
/tv/, /fit/, /fa/
I like the Roman empire and "new world" stuff (discovery of america n shit)
>>
>>26553
>board bedouin
nomadism best
>>
>all these plebs and their medieval shit
>>
>>32567
hey, gotta start somewhere

they'll develop more interests eventually due to exposure anyway
>>
>>24059
>/pol/ by in large are realist
I tend to agree, but that´s not the issue, /pol/ not being able to stay on their homeboard is. First thread I saw on /his/ was a holocaust denial thread, that stale shit should stay where it belongs
>>
>>22252
/pol/ /tv/ /fit/
I don't put a single foot anywhere else
>>
>>22252
I'm from >>>/lit/ and >>>/tg/
>>
/int/ I'm interested in pre colonial southeast Asian and oceanian history, also throw in some antiquity to the mix
>>
/g/, /a/, occasionally /h/ and /wg/.

I'm interested in anything but my country; I find foreign histories more interesting.
>>
/vg/, /tv/ and /fit/, and I wanna know more about anything that is interesting enough
>>
>>22252
/sci/ /fit/ /g/ /diy/ /pol/
>>
I'm from /out/.

>your historical area(s) of interest?
Turkic mythology and history
Ideologies, mainly fascism and socialism/communism.
>>
/a/

Classical age-stuff, Greek history, Late Medieval ages and the Renaissance.

I'm also curious about the earliest bits of Chinese history.
>>
>>22252
Started on /b/ when I was 13, then /v/, then /pol/. I'm big into using historical context for my political arguments (as well as being a hobby historian) so as soon as I heard about this board I hopped right in.

My areas of interest would probably be the Crusades, the Roman Republic/Empire, the Three Kingdoms of China, and the last two centuries of the world.
>>
>>26309
Yes and?
History is written by the victor and all that. What makes you think the democratic and liberal ideologies don't twist history to their favor as well? Its a naive statement to think history and politics are divorced.
>>
/tv/
american history
>>
/fa/ /a/ /mu/ here

American history
ww2 on many countries and areas
Mythology
and Asian Philosophies and History
>>
>>22252
/r9k/
Mostly a fan if Papal history and the Italian city states.
>>
/sp/, mostly.

I prefer the Late Middle Ages Europe and pre-Mongol Islamic states.
>>
>>22252
/k/ /fit/ /pol/

My main historial periods of interest are:
Ancient History
20th Century particularly WWII and the Cold War
>>
/co/
The Greeks, Romans and any Country during it's colonization/ age of growth period.
>>
>>22252
Non nazi side of /pol/
19th-mid 20th century (nominally, The Cold war)
>>
>>34485
that filename though
>>
/pol/ here
Scandinavia and the Balstic sea region from ~1850 and after is what i'm most interested in.
It's pretty specific, i know. I'm open to absolutely anything though
>>
/pol/ and /lit/
20th century British politics, history of Christianity, history of ideological thought especially in Europe enlightenment-now
>>
>>34821
I meant Baltic.
Goddamn kike keyboard.
>>
>>22252
/co/ and /3/
also /lit/ and sometimes /int/ and /pol/ for historical threads
>>
>no /soc/ migrants yet
Just pointing that out.
>>
>>22252
Home boards /tg/ and /pol/. History major so interested in a broad range mostly controversial topics.
>>
/lit/, /v/, and /3/

Ancient Greece and Rome, World Wars, Modern eastern world, Middle East
>>
>>34904
>expecting degenerate attentionwhore to give a crap about history
sorry anon, not gonna happen
>>
>>22632
>Hellenetic and slavic

You must really like the balkans anon
>>
>>22252

I hail from /k/. In terms of firearms the late 19th and early 20th centuries are always interesting, but as far as my raw historical interests are concerned I'm very interested in learning more details on period that get either heavily romanticized or glossed over (like the Renaissance).
>>
>>22252
/v/
I'm more focused on prehistory and bronze age era history. Prehistory is interesting though because all we can do is really really good guess work because no one wrote anything down.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.