[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do christians put jesus over god? muslims praise god all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: 1438306795729.jpg (120 KB, 380x613) Image search: [Google]
1438306795729.jpg
120 KB, 380x613
Do christians put jesus over god?

muslims praise god all the time but christians seem to only praise jesus.
Why is that?
Shouldn't an omnipotent all powerful being be more important than any human.
>>
>>398058
b8 thread I know

But as far as I know, to most major denominations of Christianity, Jesus = God.
>>
>>398062
How is this a bait thread, does anything that doesn't fit your worldview automatically wrong? if so how do you learn?

Jesus wasn't god, he wasn't all powerful. He was superhuman for sure but if he was god he could easily will away all his problems.
>>
>>398072
>posts le epic atheist picture
>pretends to be stupid in OP, asking obvious questions
>HOW IS THIS BAIT??????
Yeah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity
>God as three consubstantial persons,[2] expressions, or hypostases:[3] the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit; "one God in three persons". The three persons are distinct, yet are one "substance, essence or nature".[4] In this context, a "nature" is what one is, while a "person" is who one is.[5][6][7]

>According to this central mystery of most Christian faiths,[8] there is only one God in three persons: while distinct from one another in their relations of origin (as the Fourth Lateran Council declared, "it is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds") and in their relations with one another, they are stated to be one in all else, co-equal, co-eternal and consubstantial, and "each is God, whole and entire".[9]
>>
>>398082
>>398062
How is OP bait?

The trinity concept is literally fucking IDOLATRY which Yahweh specifically forbade in the fucking bible.

Muslims actually stay true to the original Abrahamic monotheism unlike the Chrisitians who build statues of Jesus, Mary, John, etc. everywhere.
>>
>>398082
Do you know what a hypostases is? because i don't think you do. Also why are you so triggered you sound whiny as fuck. I also never knew wikipedia was the absolute authority on the christian religion so maybe it would be best to burn your bibles because you have a way better resource now.

>>398088
I have noticed that literally all christian art is people and islamic art makes a point to include no people in it. just design.
>>
>>398102
>a hypostases
>The concept of hypostasis as the shared existence of spiritual and corporal entities has been used in a number of religious and intellectual settings. The word hypostasis (Greek ὑπόστασις) means underlying state or underlying substance, and is the fundamental reality that supports all else.

>The Christian view of the Trinity is often described as a view of one God existing in three distinct hypostases/personae/persons.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypostasis_(philosophy_and_religion)
>>
File: islamic-art-and-spirituality_1.jpg (310 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
islamic-art-and-spirituality_1.jpg
310 KB, 620x320
>>398102
>>
>>398058
jesus is god. through christ we can become one with god in spirit. he is our salvation
>>
>>398110
This is exactly my point you are linking to wikipedia and not actually understanding. You're not smart enough to actually debate so you copy and paste. Do you have no original ideas? Or at least an original way to think of old ideas?
>>
>>398111
>>398102
>>
>>398129
What the fuck is there to debate about make-believe stories?
I merely answered the shitty question in the OP. Getting into debate about useless faff like this is like arguing about fucking video game or anime lore.
>>
>>398088
t. Ahmed
>>
>>398141
>Useless faff like this
People die for religion
People kill for religion
People love for religion
States produce laws around religion.

To assume that religion has no impact on the world should be a wake up call to educate yourself more.
>>
>>398161
I forgot how the debate over whether or not the Trinity is "MUH IDOLATRY" has such a major impact on our day to day lives, you're right.
>>
>>398178
Now you get it.
That was easy
>>
>>398058
Are you American?
Here in Germany we praise god, not Jesus.
>>
>>398457
Obviously he's american, who else would clump up all of christianity together
>>
>>398058
>Do christians put jesus over god?
That's literally impossible. Jesus IS God. From the Bible itself, though: "My Father is greater than I".
>>
>>398522
Don't you clump all Americans together like that or you're not any better than they.
>>
>>398088
>Idolatry
>Confusing a physical object with a god
>Anything like the concept of the trinity
>>
>>398102
Islamic art is based on the idea that the people who follow their religion are fundamentally retarded and are going to start worshipping those images because they think they're God.
>>
According to Christianity, Jesus and God are the same, so when you praise Jesus you praise God.
>>
>>398457
Aren't you all muslim by now? :^)
>>
>>398088
>original abrahamic monetheism

>>399391
I hear church bells every sunday morning, however despite seeing a few muslims every now and then I have yet to be disturbed by the muezzin every morning so I would assume that we are not all Muslims yet.
>>
>>399087
>Christians believe God caused a woman to give birth to himself
okay then.
>>
>>399087
no he's still Gods son but Jesus controls access to heaven or some shit which basically just made God irrelevant since all these religious fucks care about is getting into heaven
>>
>>399597
What's wrong with that, exactly?
>>
>>399610
God the Son and God the Father and God the Holy Spirit are all God in Christianity. God is three persons with one essence, sort of like three persons with one soul.
>>
File: 1440973621428.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1440973621428.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>398058
Here's your (you)
>>
>>399621
>"Hey guess what? I'm the son of God"
>"That's pretty cool man"
>"I'm also God though."
>"uh"
>"But just call me Jesus the son of God senpai."
>"So Gods name was actually Jesus?"
>"Nah Jesus is the name of the son of God, me."
>"But you just said your also God, which means you have his power right?"
>"My father is more powerful then me senpai."
>"Were going to need a whole council to understand what the fuck your saying."
>"I'm also the holy spirit by the way."
>>
>>399661
You don't get you's when you reply to op you dunce.
>>
Pretty much a bait thread.

First of all

>muslims praise god all the time but

Muslims don't have anyone equivalent to Jesus, and no Mohammed is not the same thing to muslims as Jesus is to Christians.

>but christians seem to only praise jesus.

Since when? I'm fairly sure your experience with Christians is limited to Americans who shout "muh jesus" every minute.

>Shouldn't an omnipotent all powerful being be more important than any human.

Up for theological, but pic related.

>>398088

Theologically speaking, the Old Testament is largely irrelevant to Christianity.

Also Muslims worship a square as well.

Either op is stupid or he is trolling, but i think he is trolling.
>>
>>399947

Most people (see >>399684 >>399621 >>399597) confuse father and god.
>>
>>398058
Jesus is god the same manner as the holy spirit is. They're extensions of the same being
>>
>>399947
Please anon, the proper term is a 'cube'.
>>
>>399947
>Father = God
>God = Son
>Father =/= Son

ok
>>
>>402145
Equality is transitive though, otherwise it wouldn't be equality
>>
>>402168
that's the problem
>>
ebin bait OP
10/10 you made me reply
>>
>>398072
>How is this a bait thread

Jesus and God are one and the same according to Christian tradition, asking them if they put one over the other is like asking someone if they prefer water over water. It's a dumb question designed to make dumb people argue, hence bait.
>>
>>399947

How to prove that 95% of all Christians are heretics: ask them to explain the trinity.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.