[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Religious people of /his/ : Do you proselytise? If so, why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: muslim2.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
muslim2.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
Religious people of /his/ : Do you proselytise?

If so, why? And how successful is it?

If not, why not?
>>
>>371001
Orthodox Jew reporting in.
No, I don't proselytize. It's not our way, and it's just rude. If someone looks, is searching for God, I'll give my 2 cents, but to go banging on people's doors is counterproductive, and as often as not when it "works", you get shallow and superficial converts, not people who are in it to learn and understand.
>>
>>371001
Longtime baptist son of a fuck reporting in.
Because of where I live, in the Northeast of the US, proselytizing is actually pretty hard. The local politics are super fucking partisan and religion gets lumped in with conservatives all the time up here, so public displays of faith are usually met with some ignorant comment about how I probably wanna lynch gays. Or they're catholic and I'm barking up the wrong tree.
Just having faith these days can call people to judge you, so I am not gonna go through the trouble of bothering people to convert when the sentiment is so negative.
Its pussyshit compared to the early Roman converts I probably shouldn't be complaining but, eh.
>>
>>371050
>if someone looks, Is searching for god, i'll give my two cents
More like one amirite
>>
In religion-related threads I always make sure to word my post in such a way that it's technically true, but still functions as a bait. When someone bites it, I try to convince him to convert to Roman Catholicism.
>>
>>372103
Catholics confirmed for shitposting bait and taking 4chan too seriously
>>
Does posting fedoras in atheist threads count?
>>
>>371050
Reform Jew here.

To add to this, Jews are an ethnic group, which is why that even though I am an atheist I still consider myself a Jew and celebrate the holidays. Because of this, there is little incentive to bring new people in as we don't think others need out faith, which was a pact that Abraham made with God for his descendants, not all humans.
>>
File: 1432477895258.jpg (46 KB, 568x720) Image search: [Google]
1432477895258.jpg
46 KB, 568x720
>>371001
Muslim here
I don't need to proselytise.
i lead by example, if my lifestyle causes someone to question their world view then good for them.
>>
I don't particularly believe in any one thing, so I proselytize by going about my daily life without needing any sort of spiritual guidance desu. Maybe Hitchens will give me Brownie points in Hell or something.
>>
Hindu here. Nope, it's pretty annoying to people.
>>
>>371001
I dont understand this picture
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.