[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Catholic General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: catholic-art.jpg (161 KB, 588x650) Image search: [Google]
catholic-art.jpg
161 KB, 588x650
How do I get back into the good graces of the Church lads?

I spent many years as an edge-lord, rejecting my faith, committing informal apostasy, worshipping other gods and demons (mostly as a joke) and just in general thinking I was better than my heritage and upbringing. Is confession enough to atone for this? How do I confess to being a fedora tipper for the better part of the last decade?

Also, discuss being a Catholic. No Orthodox funposting pls
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 1920x1080
>>370907
Pic related, we always find our sins to be unforgivable, but God died to atone for them. Confess your sins, hold nothing back and be unbound from the chains of edgelording sin.

Welcome home brother.
>>
>>370907
Fun fact: Catholics are allowed to enter confession with a registered man of the Catholic Church. If that really is what you need to begin your transition back into the Faith, then do so. You could also do a quick google search for Catholic organizations in your area. Shelters, monasteries, soup kitchens, etc. Give them some of your money and time. Make friends with some of the other Church going people. Hell, they might just be faithful people who don't go to church.
I would not gauge your worth or devotion to God by how much you confess out loud. Be good to your fellow man, attend church when you can so the sermons don't leave your life (or every Sunday, like a good catholic), try to meet new people who don't pull you back into that fedora-tipping lifestyle, and as >>371040 says: we always find our sins to be unforgivable, but God died to atone for them. He loves you so much. He loves us all.

Welcome back
>>
File: 1429807041553.jpg (489 KB, 1228x1600) Image search: [Google]
1429807041553.jpg
489 KB, 1228x1600
>>370907
Apologize with your heart, accept your penance like a man and from that day forward do better. Catholicism is a religion of WORKS not faith. being a "believer" or "filled with faith" or any of that other protestant nonsense isnt enough.

Again, your life and works will be the embodiment of your soul in action. Remember that.
>>
File: angry_englishman_on_4chan.png (429 KB, 680x1089) Image search: [Google]
angry_englishman_on_4chan.png
429 KB, 680x1089
>>370907
Focus on Catholic history ( I assume you like history because you're on this board ) find something interesting about the church to reconnect with your Catholic routes that's what I do to stay interested in church it gives you a sense of pride and tradition to know your Catholic heritage

Me being an Irishman I enjoy learning about saint Patrick and his conversion of all the Gaelic pagans

Pic related Joan of Arc
>>
>>372402
What kind of works must one do to achieve acceptance into heaven? Is it possible to live a "good life" like a Catholic would without actually believing in God? Genuine question.
>>
File: Murillo_immaculate_conception.jpg (2 MB, 2012x2952) Image search: [Google]
Murillo_immaculate_conception.jpg
2 MB, 2012x2952
Today is the Feast of The Immaculate Conception.
National Holiday here in Portugal.
>>
>>373747
No.

>The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Psalm 14:1
>>
>>373747
Salvation is a gift from God. We have to be "good", or attempt to, but works cannot merit salvation, only God himself. If you deny his existence, you cannot receive the gift.
>>
File: 28127057-1280-544.jpg (43 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
28127057-1280-544.jpg
43 KB, 1280x544
>>373790
>>373803
Gotcha. Well, that sucks. Guess I'm doomed in such a vision of life.
>>
>>373747

>For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
>>
>>373811
I feel ya. I've recently realized I was a lot happier when I was a practicing Catholic and truly believed in the teachings of the church. After nearly 5 years of being agnostic/atheist, I feel like even if I did try to return to the church, I will never be able to fully return to that level of faith and happiness I used to have.
>>
>>370907
Don't start a Catholic General please
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.