[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Educate me on Malcolm X
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Is it true that Malcolm X initially advocated for ideas such as black segregation and separatism? I understand he was also against racial mixing and was essentially a black nationalist.

If this is true, he would be a modern American liberal's nightmare for holding such ideas and a poor example of them to use as a leadership figure for blacks in the USA today. Did he renounce these ideas and shift his ideology?
>>
sage and reported
>>
>>18778
what's wrong?
>>
>>18764
>Did he renounce these ideas and shift his ideology

His idealogy changed when he made his pilgrimage to Mecca and saw everyone regardless of skin color praying together, realizing that racial problems stem from differences between cultures and not something inherent. The Nation of Islam didn't like that because they always preached about the White Devil, so a bunch of members of the NoI shot him.
>>
>>18824
this
>>
Seemed to me more like a black supremacist who converted to Islam to be more edgy.
>>
>>18824

He left the NoI before his Hajj
>>
Muhammad Ali went to KKK rallies

The smartest black people know they can only be free by leaving America
>>
He got soft and the NOI shot him.

Marcus Garvey was also a real racist bastard who the libs love.
>>
File: malcom x.png (1 MB, 1028x905) Image search: [Google]
malcom x.png
1 MB, 1028x905
>>
>>19150
Essential viewing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqiWFLsgVi4
>>
>>19218
Why do so many people not know what black face is?
>>
>>19272
Was gonna post this video

I think if the European and North American black communities stayed to this philosophy their society would be so much more proud and peaceful
>>
>>18942
He left NoI first, but that was for internal political reasons IIRC. He was still a separatist at that point.

>>19435
They essentially have, though, and it hasn't worked. The de-facto ghettoization of minority communities in North America and then Europe screwed those populations up. The problem is that black populations ended up among white ones to begin with.
>>
>The white liberal differs from the white conservative only in one way: the liberal is more deceitful than the conservative. The liberal is more hypocritical than the conservative. Both want power, but the white liberal is the one who has perfected the art of posing as the Negro’s friend and benefactor; and by winning the friendship, allegiance, and support of the Negro, the white liberal is able to use the Negro as a pawn or tool in this political “football game” that is constantly raging between the white liberals and white conservatives.

>Politically the American Negro is nothing but a football and the white liberals control this mentally dead ball through tricks of tokenism: false promises of integration and civil rights. In this profitable game of deceiving and exploiting the political politician of the American Negro, those white liberals have the willing cooperation of the Negro civil rights leaders. These “leaders” sell out our people for just a few crumbs of token recognition and token gains. These “leaders” are satisfied with token victories and token progress because they themselves are nothing but token leaders.

He's not wrong.
>>
>>19218
thats a shit costume not including the blackface
>no bowtie
>no low fade
>>
>>18824
came to post here
>>
>>18764
Malcolm X was the establishment's American Nightmare: a man who came from nothing, taught himself how to think and evolved as a thinker throughout his life, always coming up with ways to make life substantively better for the people he represented.
>>
>>18764
Plenty of blacks argued for segregation. It's not so much a supremacy thing as it is anti-assimilationist. Multiculturalism destroys culture when a single group already has all the power.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.