[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
historically when did art objectivly become terrible I personally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: art.png (853 KB, 1265x687) Image search: [Google]
art.png
853 KB, 1265x687
historically when did art objectivly become terrible

I personally think it was when they rejected hitler into art school and allowed mumbo jumbo stuff

everything post 50s is disasterous
>>
When Avant-Garde became a thing?
>>
Early 20th century.
like every cancer of western civilization
>>
don't think it's all terrible but >>18001 is right
>>
File: 1970.353.1_6a.jpg (393 KB, 1400x1114) Image search: [Google]
1970.353.1_6a.jpg
393 KB, 1400x1114
>>17961
I dunno, man. Making the throne for Jesus' Second Coming in your garage out of cardboard and tin foil has to count for something.
>>
The Great War is the dividing line. There was good art produced after the war, but it was merely continuations of movements started before the war. Every new movement started after the war was terrible.
>>
>>18001
Impressionism was avant-garde once
>>
When the artist started to focus inwardly for inspiration.
>>
>>18048
Photorealism is pretty okay though
>>
>I personally think it was when they rejected hitler into art school and allowed mumbo jumbo stuff

... some completely unknown and irrelevant (at the time) person not being accepted to art school had little impact on anything, let alone the entire visual-arts culture of the world
>>
File: CR26KhNUYAA6lix.jpg (42 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
CR26KhNUYAA6lix.jpg
42 KB, 600x512
BTW you know that Italian Futurists were doing this shit in the 20s, right? Let's not forget Dada.
>>
>I personally think it was when they rejected hitler into art school and allowed mumbo jumbo stuff

This is the type of shit that needs to be banned.

>It's so stupid that it can't be serious and yet I've seen equally stupid shit stated with complete confidence on /pol/ before so I'm really not sure if what I'm reading is satire or the opinion of a genuine fucking moron
>>
File: 2001-03.jpg (61 KB, 1914x1100) Image search: [Google]
2001-03.jpg
61 KB, 1914x1100
Define art
>>
>>18159
>Let's not forget Dada
Is the message behind the art more important than the presentation? I mean Dada was entirely made as a type of counter-culture.
>>
>>17961
representational play which exists only in performance

>>18178
poe's law is a bitch
>>
>>18758
>representational play which exists only in performance
meant for >>18192
>>
>>18048
What about my animes?
>>
>>17961
It hasn't, and Hitler paintings were truly amateurish.
>>
Art became terrible with Picasso and modernism.
>>
>>18178
people who take bait need to be banned
>>
File: Duchamp_Fountaine.jpg (244 KB, 968x1024) Image search: [Google]
Duchamp_Fountaine.jpg
244 KB, 968x1024
The exact moment art started down the path of shit in earnest
>>
File: 1424225010511.jpg (36 KB, 451x600) Image search: [Google]
1424225010511.jpg
36 KB, 451x600
>General threads to avoid clutter
>/his/ RELATED TOPIC

We seem to have some very same-y threads cluttering up the board.

Can we eventually wrangle people into some serious discussions in a /WWIIG/ World War Two General, for one?

Do we really need independent threads for "Who REALLY started the war" or "How many Jews died in WWII?" Wrap it up in one thread.
>>
>>17961
>personally think it was when they rejected hitler into art school

They rejected him because he wasn't a god painter.

Look at this thing, there's like 6 different perspective issues in a fucking landscape, it's terrible.
>>
>>17961
When artists realized they actually had to work and practice to reach the level of old masters

So in return they turned to the abstract and symbolic because those are easy
>>
>>19079
generals killed the 4chan
>>
>>18125
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>19117
Multipoint perspective can work, but it's more meant for landscapes. But, yeah this was hard to look at
>>
when people stopped supporting artists, they started making it for each other and it got way too inaccessible.
>>
File: 1367764052587.jpg (148 KB, 495x386) Image search: [Google]
1367764052587.jpg
148 KB, 495x386
"My ignorance is as good as your knowledge" - OP

But seriously, fuck conceptual art. If you have something to say, write a goddamn book.
>>
>>19121

No no it was when they started all copying duchamp who was actually talented and did the toilet shit for a joke. Impressionistic painting was quite "impressive" and required loads of talent, looks beautiful too. Then art spiraled out of control after the 40s/50s.
>>
>>19117
>Windows bigger then doors
I never noticed that before
That's DeviantArt tier nowadays
>>
>>19124
No you.

Seriously. You people are determined to keep these boards the most shittiest place
>>
>>17961
what kinda architect build a window and ptus a fucking ladder blocking it
>>
>>19390

Go on /vg/ and then come back here and then tell me that general threads are a good idea.

They always devolve into circle jerkery and samefaggotry.
>>
>>19390
every board I frequent has generals representing the lowest quality posting on the board, tripfags, circlejerking, off topic bullshit, you name it
generals are not good
>>
>>19536
>>19743
just look at /ksg/ for what a general inevitably becomes when there is no new source material to be had
And new source material is not common for the study of history
>>
>>17961
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
>>
>>19473
One that doesn't plan ahead.

I've seen all kinds of dumb shit when it comes to buildings. Doors that, if you were to open them, lead you to a new ceiling built in another room. Doors that lead nowhere. Windows right next to concrete walls. Windows IN walls. Stairs that lead into ceilings.

Sometimes, people change shit, and then don't give a fuck about anything else that's affected.
>>
>>19121
do you even know what any of those terms mean
>>
When people stopped painting nude Greek boys.
>>
>>20632
Do you understand my point?
>>
>>19536
>>19743
By all means, let the WORST posters make multiple threads!

GREAT FUCKING PLAN.

SO SMOT, YA
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.