[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think about Judaism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
File: w.jpg (33 KB, 350x230) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
33 KB, 350x230
What does /his/ think about Judaism?
>>
File: 1445287108292.gif (165 KB, 255x286) Image search: [Google]
1445287108292.gif
165 KB, 255x286
>>17225
Diverse. Multilateral if you will.
>>
>>17225
Their stories are a lot better than the ensuing fanfics
>>
Judiasm is so much more than religion

its a culture and a mindset and a race and a set of values
>>
>>17225
Go back to /pol/. Jesus Tapdancing Christ.
>>
>>17225
I enjoy its mystical side including the Talmud as well as its ideas of God as truly absolute without and anthropomorphism to confuse people.
>>
>>17225
I find some aspects of Jewish theology more attractive than Christianity and Jewish mysticism is pretty fascinating. And the Tanakh contains some great literature.
>>
I'm a Israliboo to be honest
even if Western Jews can be unashamed twats Judaism itself is admirable simply for its appreciation of beauty.
>>
>>17756
Christianity is the official story.

The Talmud is the fanfic.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNWPYQjXSYA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyzXvsstg8s

All you need to know.
>>
>>18234
read the sticky senpai
>>
reform judaism seems pretty cool desu
>>
Like, in actuality?

It kinda amazes me that they can stay strong in the face of over 2 millenia of people collectively shitton on them. That is some iron will shit.
>>
I really love and am fascinated by Jewish culture but there's no chance at all we're gonna really be able to talk about it here
>>
I don't much about Judaism but I am interested in how the commentaries of learned Rabbis over the centuries are added back and forth as a dialogue. This seems like an interesting meeting point of philosophical method and spirituality. What texts would I go to for this? Is this in the Talmud or some other volumes?
>>
I'm anti-semitic, but I have nothing against Judaism and religious Jews. It's the secular Jewish intellectuals who I dislike.
>>
>>18166
Israeli soldiers murder children on a daily basis.
>>
>>18358
You could say the same thing about cockroaches.
>>
>>18516
If Palestinians just admitted that they lost and begged for mercy, that wouldn't need to happen.
>>
>>18323

Go back to reddit faggot :^)
>>
God's former covenant, the one of the flesh rather than the spirit. Important religion in its time.

Rabbinic Judaism, on the other hand, is a bad religion.

>Rabbinic Judaism or Rabbinism (Hebrew: יהדות רבנית Yahadut Rabanit) has been the mainstream form of Judaism since the 6th century CE, after the codification of the Babylonian Talmud. Growing out of Pharisaic Judaism
>>
>>18216
Talmud is commentary actually. And Christianity is not a story. You're being sloppy with your terminology.
>>
>>18527
Coakcroaches are remarkably intelligent for their size, and contrary to popular belief they don't carry diseases.

So I guess your comparison is apt.
>>
File: talmud.gif (9 KB, 553x477) Image search: [Google]
talmud.gif
9 KB, 553x477
>>17225

Apostates from Hebrewism
The talmud is pure evil
>>
>>18516
Nazis did too. On an industrial scale. Now fuck off back to /pol/ faggot.
>>
My family is Jewish and I think its pretty fun. We eat a bunch on Passover. Get a bunch of gifts on Hanukkah. And get mad wasted on Rosh Hashanah. Jewish food is top notch. Don't call myself Jewish because I still have my penis head and I haven't finished the Hebrew Bible yet (got the Torah out of the way, and unrelated to the Bible, but I've also read the Kabbalah).
>>
>>18216
The talmud is a book of commentary. It's more comparable to something like CS Lewis.

/pol/ once again proving it knows nothing about the very thing it spends 30% of it's threads talking about.
>>
>>17225
It was pretty awesome up until they after the Maccabeean dynasty.
>>
I guess we can talk about sociology here too, but what do jews think about muslims in the US becoming the new 'biggest' religious minority?

Will we see the same poltical clout from imams as we do from popular rabbis here in the states?

Jews are ok btw, I just dont like the idea of orthodoxy in any religion, black and white is so 1800's.
>>
>>18323
You realize that by starting off with "Go back to /pol/" you're attacking his character right, especially since the OP is a question? Retard.
>>
>>19007
>/pol/ once again

We're on /his/, you moron.
>>
>>18439
To put it short:

There's

>the Torah
Written text, supposedly given to Moses by God at the Sinai. Correspond to the five first books of the Old Testament

>The Tanakh

The Old Testament. Made up of the God-given Torah + prophecies and religious writings by kings and saints (so man-made, by God-inspired).

>The oral Torah
Oral tradition, supposedly given to Moses by God with the written Torah. Is the basis of rabinic judaism, which is mainstream judaism. Some fringe jewish groups reject the oral tradition, one of the complaint (among others) being that it relies too much on rabinic authority and not enough on rationality.

The oral tradition supposedly is a "key" to the understanding of the written Torah and stand equal to it.

The you have

>The Talmud
mainly made up of
>The Mishna
a compendium of authoritative discussions and case studies by some of the first and most respected rabbis. Includes the detail of the discussions as well as the conclusions.
>The Guemara
an extensive commentary of the Mishna.

Then there is the commentaries of that commentary, and the commentaries of those commentaries...

But simply put you need to read first the Old Testament, then the Talmud (the Jerusalem Talmud as well as the Babylon Talmud). Beware, it requires a lot of study (if you're taking one page a day that's seven year of study, and if you really want to get to the bottom of things one page a day is not too slow). And you'll have to get familiar with Hebrew somewhere down the line.

But if you're simply interested in getting some exposure to it, out of mere curiosity, I'd say read the old Testament then go to the nearest synagigue and ask the rabbi if you can attend lectures. Shouldn't be a problem if the synagogue is not some big institute-like center. Also, if you're not ethnically jewish (jewish by maternal line) they won't try to convert you so you can study without worry.
>>
I believe Talmud is more about history about origin of human itself than Christianity which is more focused on moral-based story.
>>
>>18216
christians believe in the same book as the jews do
talmud is commentary to the first one
>>
Well, Jews have been kicked out over 100 countries, and they love to play victim. They also own the Federal Reserve which has central banks in all but 3 countries. And they control most of the media.
>>
>>20828
Yet whites are still the master race somehow.
>>
Interesting bronze age mythology about some goat herders who worship a war god, which also spawned some of the most influential fanfiction ever made.
>>
>>18516
funny how you /pol/acks wait for muh rope day to hang the niggers & yet appeal to emotion when it comes to jews
>>
>>18516
>Israeli soldiers murder subhuman arab on a daily basis
Good. Wish they do more.
>>
>>20909
Maybe you should check the sticky before posting.
>>
>>21002
Internet is a degenerate invention invented by kafir crusaders. Now fuck off before I report you to your local imam.
>>
>>18516
>Israeli soldiers murder children on a daily basis.
Well at least my taxes are doing some good.
>>
>>18684
in Gaia we trust
>>
Went to Israel/Palestine over the summer, got to see the Aleppo Codex. It's unbelievable that a group of people had this kind of cohesion and devotion to preserving their racial memory. Jews are everything gentile white people aspire to be. Maybe that's why so many of us hate them, it's jealousy.
>>
>>17225
They're responsible for the rise of communism unfortunately

Otherwise a fine people
>>
>>18984
What do you think of Ethiopian Jews? Legit or fake?
>>
>>17225
I've always thought that the founding principles of Judaism were interesting.
To speculate: I'd say that the fact they lived in a hot desert caused the dietary restrictions, and the harsh conditions of life caused them to believe they were a chosen people. They wanted to preserve their lives, and needed a strong reason. What better than that they were the best and the world and shouldn't die out?
It may seem cynical, but their tenacity is amazing.
Are there any historical records of events described in the Talmud?
Unlikely, as they happened so long ago, I guess
>>
>>21924

Goyim naturally feel jealous towards Jews due to their superior intellect and reasoning ability. They don't seem to understand that Jews what's best for the world.

Not a Jew btw, just making observations.
>>
>>22135
>>it's ok when the jews do it
But i support cops killing youths.
>>
>>17225

They fucked up a lot of peace like typical jews with their religion.
>>
>>22468
Actually Jews didn't believe they were Chosen. Well, they did, but not in the way people think they did. They thought that they were instruments of God when others refused to obey him. Not that they and only they could appeal to God. According to their own beliefs they were only Chosen for a brief period of time and believe that anyone who follows the teachings is on the exact same level as them whether they were Jewish born or not.
>>
>>22652
thanks, man. I was just saying what I hear said.
Got an approximate time of losing faith in chosen status, or is it in the scripture?
>>
>>17225
I frequent /pol/ and this thread is pure distilled cancerous bait that doesn't belong here.

For fucks sake OP, at least pick a historical point in the religion to inquire about, this "What does X think about controversial Y" shitposting needs to go.
>>
>>22703
There's no one point in time you can really look at and point to. They're still Chosen to this day technically as God said the Covenant lasts forever, but their job was to spread the idea of God and his teachings, but a gentile can get into The World to Come (heaven basically) by simply being a good person, it doesn't even matter if they're Jewish or not, and it never has mattered. So what's the significance of the Chosen status? basically they do more work to stay close to God but if you'd ask 'well what do I get out of it' nothing really. The Chosen status doesn't really mean anything and some Rabbis have even talked about dropping it to remove confusion.
>>
>>23224
Tell them the truth Mordechai.

It means you believe you're racially superior to the goyim.
>>
>>23903
I'm not Jewish and if I was it wouldn't make a difference as there are two Jews (ethnicity) and Jews (followers of Judaism, religion of the Jewish ethnicity). Although it may be confusing many Jews are non-Jews, such as Ethiopian Jews. In Judaism however, all are supposed to be treated the same. There's even a book in the bible of the Book of Ruth which covers this. It has nothing to do with race.
>>
>>24020
>nothing to do with race
but everything to do with how people view them.

the fact that the anti defamation board of canada thinks david icke means "jews" when he says "reptilians" shows how superficial their self appointed power really is.
>>
>tfw hiro made this board without knowing what happened to /new/

well you know what they say
those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it
>>
>>18216
this bait tho
>>
>>17225
Totally grounded and moral.

Not sexist.
Not racist to non jews.
Does not condone slavery.
Does not prescribe genital mutilation.
etc
etc
etc
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.