[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Educate me on Vlad the Impaler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1422928012605.jpg (343 KB, 700x863) Image search: [Google]
1422928012605.jpg
343 KB, 700x863
Educate me on Vlad the Impaler
>>
just touch it m8
>>
>>326404
He removed Kebab
>>
He was the ruler of Wallachia, which at the time acted as kind of a buffer zone between Europe and the Ottoman empire. That meant he had to constantly fight to keep in power, and stop the Ottomans from taking over Wallachia. He was apparently pretty brutal about that. He also spent most of his childhood in a Turkish prison and was later betrayed by his brother who ended up becoming an Ottoman sympathizer, so he probably hated the Turks enough to have been more cruel than necessary.

That being said, almost every story we have about his cruelty is probably exaggerations. Romanians still regard him as a national hero. Bram Stoker came across his name somehow and thought it was cool, so now everyone tries to tie him into vampire lore.
>>
He did nothing wrong.
>>
If he were around today I could see him playing lead guitar in a Black Metal band.
>>
>>326586
>all that mad

You are most likely a Turk rape baby.
Deus Vult.
>>
The last defense of Europe from Ottoman invasion.

Spent most of his childhood as an Ottoman hostage, where he picked up impaling. Some suspect he was sodomized while under Ottoman control and this led to his obsession with impaling turks.

He gave the fucking Sultan a nervous breakdown after lining the road to his castle with impaled Ottoman soldiers.

Still most of the shit said about him was propaganda made up by his political rivals after he died. He pissed off a lot of the nobles in his lands.
>>
>>326661
Wait was radu gay with mehmet I thought they were very good friends
>>
File: Shah Suleiman.jpg (37 KB, 230x297) Image search: [Google]
Shah Suleiman.jpg
37 KB, 230x297
>>326421
he also got removed by Kebab
>>
He fucked up
>>
File: Vlad the Implier.png (318 KB, 475x500) Image search: [Google]
Vlad the Implier.png
318 KB, 475x500
>>326769
>implying he remained dead
Dude's grave had fake bones in it.

He's up and about, feasting on the blood of kebab to this day.
>>
>>326404
Removed kebab.

Irishman wrote vampire fanfiction about him
>>
>>326769
This Suleiman isn't the magnificient kebab, mate family senpai.
>>
>>326404
Because of him and that British cunt the rest of the world thinks vampires are Romanian thing.
>>
He was one of the first persons to be character assassinated by the press.

When he solidified his hold on Wallachia he told the Saxon merchants trading there to fuck off. The Saxon merchants got butthurt and started printing pamphlets about all his "horrendous acts" spreading them in the court of Matthias Corvinus and others.

Perfidious Saxons.
>>
>>326404

Only even famous because Bram Stoker thought he had a cool sounding name.

A literal nobody in terms of history.
>>
>>326421
>Vlad the Impaler
>Implying he didn't literally create Kebab
>>
File: Dragon_order_insignia.jpg (181 KB, 495x395) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_order_insignia.jpg
181 KB, 495x395
I think you know he was the ruler of Wallachia already, so skipping that.

First "Dracula" was a name that wasn't exactly atributed to him, but to his father, also called Vlad, which was member of the Dragon Order. Since your average wallachian wouldn't know what a dragon is, they assumed (by how it looks) that it's a demon (ro: drac) and therefore the nickname "Vlad Dracul" (Vlad the Demon) or Drăculea.

His father was on throne of Wallachia, which was vassal to the Ottoman Empire, thus he was required to send his son to the turks to "educate him". Some say that he was abused here and so he might have developed the hate for the turks and the impaling method.

He personally tried to assasinate the sultan Mehmed II in 1462, and event which is known as "Târgoviște Night Attack". The campaign was a semi-success, as it did a lot of damage to the turks, but failed when coming to assassination of the sultan. Mehmed eventually resumed his way to Târgoviște (the then capital of Wallachia), but on his way he found a place with over 20.000 impaled turks and bulgarians. With low morale, they retreated.

He took the leadership of Wallachia three times and he also got help with retaking his throne and battling the turks from his cousin, Stephen The Great.

Overall he is mostly known for his cruel methods of punishment, based on which appeared a lot of rumours and legends, a popular one in Romania is that "if you dropped a coin somewhere during Vlad's reign, you could still find it there, untouched, the following year".

He also gained popularity because of that fictional vampire book, which makes me happy that people know we exist for some reason, and sad, because there are cooler things to know about Romania.
>>
File: shish.jpg (2 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
shish.jpg
2 MB, 3872x2592
>>327959

the meat and vegetables does appear to be impaled on a stake
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.