[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /his/ what can you tell me about him, both historically and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Zarathustra.jpg (49 KB, 578x398) Image search: [Google]
Zarathustra.jpg
49 KB, 578x398
So /his/ what can you tell me about him, both historically and philosophically
>>
Basically the inventor of Abrahamic religion
>>
Mithraism as one of the systems of belief which originated from Zoroastrian doctrines. Of Persian origin, Mithraism flourished in Ancient Rome and elsewhere, and was considered a "mortal enemy" of early Christianity. So many parallels existed between the two, as much in doctrines as in practices, that the early Christians, on becoming ascendant, took every measure possible to eliminate all traces of Mithraism. They destroyed the Mithraic temples, and violently eliminated the priests and adherents of Mithraism wherever they found them. It is therefore somewhat surprising to find that so many Mithraic beliefs and rituals were conveniently emulated( purloined ?) by their early Christian rivals, e.g. the use of bread and wine , forms of dress such as the mitre, etc
>>
He invented the concept of an absolute dichotomy between good and evil.
imo
>>
File: 1369610698080.jpg (21 KB, 291x302) Image search: [Google]
1369610698080.jpg
21 KB, 291x302
I like how no one argues the historicity of Zoroaster, despite his dates varying between centuries, meanwhile Christ's, whose dates vary 5 years on either side, is constantly scrutinized.
>>
>>323649
It would seem that there is less to nail down Zoroaster than Jesus. But I've never once hear someone bother questioning his existence. It could be that, with Zoroaster just being a prophet rather than the Son Of God, his existantial status isn't quite as important.
>>
>>323581

They believed their deity wasn't all powerful than that this life is a manifestation of the battle between the good guy Ahura Mazda and the other bad guy something mangyu

and that we must help ahura mazda by being good to help him defeat mangyu and bring about paradise
>>
File: gr_30.jpg (211 KB, 291x595) Image search: [Google]
gr_30.jpg
211 KB, 291x595
It is said that Zarathustra laughed when he was born. It is very difficult to imagine a new-born baby laughing. Okay, smiling – but laughing?

At what joke was the baby Zarathustra laughing? The cosmic joke, at the joke this whole existence is.
>>
>>323649
no one gets upset about questioning his existence so it's not a hot topic
>>
>>323800

*something something over-man*

Thus spoke Zarathustra
>>
>>323743
Their deity is all powerful. He knows everything and can do anything.

Why is there still a bad guy? Same reason there is a bad guy in Christianity. Without evil, good has no identity.
>>
>>323649
The only people who argue against the historicity of Christ are dumbass atheists like Maher who think Zeitgeist is right.

Even Dawkins concedes the fact that Christ did exist, albeit not divine and shit.
>>
>>323581
such a vague religion though
"good word, Good thought, good deeds"
well, what is "good" defined as ?
>>
>>323742
Of course there is less to nail down Jesus. Zoroaster never was crucified.
>>
File: stonerface.jpg (142 KB, 700x702) Image search: [Google]
stonerface.jpg
142 KB, 700x702
>>325708
>>
>>323800
He laughed at life.
Do you know the pic of the two guys, one looking at a wall, the other over the wall, standing on a pile of books, and ppl memed it into pure enlightenment and beauty? That's what Zarathustra laughed at. He reached that point. And then people myth onto it that he laughed at birth.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.