[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Immorality from weakness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Ezekiel 25 17.jpg (800 KB, 1600x675) Image search: [Google]
Ezekiel 25 17.jpg
800 KB, 1600x675
I believe all immoral acts and impulses can be traced back to some form of weakness. Those who are truly strong in all aspects have no need to commit. Because no one is strong in every aspect of life, evil exists.

However, I don't believe "might makes right" Having power != having strength.

I'm still toying with this idea, so debate/CMV. pic unrelated.
>>
*no need to commit immoral acts.
>>
File: 1448562791194.jpg (44 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
1448562791194.jpg
44 KB, 607x608
What is good? Everything that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself.
What is bad? Everything that is born of weakness.
What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome.
Not contentedness but more power; not peace but war; not virtue but fitness (Renaissance virtue, virtu, virtue that is moraline-free).
The weak and the failures shall perish: first principle of our love of man. And they shall even be given every possible assistance.
What is more harmful than any vice? Active pity for all the failures and all the weak: Christianity.
>>
got a nice ring to it, i am sold

i lied

immoral to whom? immoral is a very subjective term and some things which might be considered immoral might not be immoral in another community or for another person. oppressing the weak might seem immoral to you but another person might see it as keeping the weak link from breaking by keeping it under control.

i wouldn't think too much about things such as immorality or morality because there is not one definition and you'll be judging people by your point of view. which doesn't require any philosophical ground to do so tbqh.
>>
Truth.

Violence is the tool of the powerless.

Rape is often committed by the undesirables, never the rich and powerful.
Terrorism is committed by the ones that have already lost.

Violence is a sign of impotence.
>>
>>320741
Can you expand more on the virtue/criminality of oppression? Hard to deal with a vague concept generally.
>>
>>320831
the ground you can expand on is big, known history of our world is full of oppressors and oppressed and that is our nature.

israelis oppress palestinians because arabs tried to fuck them over because israelis are jews, jews are now oppressing arabs because they are muslims. virtue and criminality of it depends on your point of view.

for example you'd love to oppress yourself some ISIS ass because they are savages you'd feel completely justified doing so, well ISIS wants to oppress you because you are a kuffar and they are sure that they will be justified in doing so.
>>
Evil is just absence of virtue.
>>
>>320779
>Rape is often committed by the undesirables, never the rich and powerful.
But that's not true at all. Rich people commit rape all the time because they can get away with it. Sex, unlike violence for most people, is an inherently pleasurable activity, not a means to an end.
>>
Immorality is weakness, yes.

Simple example: sluts.
They lack self control.
>>
>>320703
>I believe all immoral acts and impulses can be traced back to some form of weakness.
Why do you believe this?
>Those who are truly strong in all aspects have no need to commit.
Why? What do you mean with being strong?
>Having power != having strength.
How do you define both of those terms?

If you want to be taken seriously when making bold claims like "immorality stems from weakness" you need to elaborate with more than 3 sentences.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.