[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Islam? I think that it is a cancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 147592.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
147592.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
What are your thoughts on Islam? I think that it is a cancer wherever it spreads. I do think that it is unfair to assume that the Muslims were the only bad people at the time, but they my issue with them is that they remained that way and spread their beliefs onto other civilizations, effectively destroying any advances they had made.
They always go on about how Islam is a religion of peace, but wasn't there a massive slave trade that the Muslims, especially, took advantage of? There are many quotes about the innocent and how you should show them mercy in the Qu'ran, but relative to them, any kaffir is not innocent and is worthy of punishment.
>>
>>1425560
>I think that it is a cancer wherever it spreads
The Ottoman empire superceded the empires and states of Christendom prior to the age of exploration and an unprecedented geographic advantage.
Iran was fine in the 70s, before installing the Khomeini. Singapore is extremely admirable from the POV of any state. Central asian muslims are alright considering their geographic circumstances in proximity to Russia.
The problem isn't Islam, it's nomadic Arab culture further manipulated by the Saudis and American interests.
>>
File: allahsnackbar.jpg (34 KB, 384x306) Image search: [Google]
allahsnackbar.jpg
34 KB, 384x306
>>1425560
Islam and muslims alike are trash.
>>
>>1425591
>Singapore is extremely admirable from the POV of any state

Hong Kong called.

It didn't say any words, it just laughed and hung up.
>>
File: 1468762391630.png (117 KB, 331x307) Image search: [Google]
1468762391630.png
117 KB, 331x307
>>1425591
Didn't the Ottomans literally conquer Byzantium? See pic related, seems like the Turks can get away with anything these days, Armenians included.
Iranian civilization was conquered by Islam, they were originally Zoroastrian. Khomeini held asylum in France before being let in to rule the nation, he is a cancer as well. Reportedly, he has said the following: "Once a man came to Imam Khomeini and told him: 'You have taken Iran 300 years backwards with the revolution.' Imam Khomeini replied to him: 'I'm looking to take it back 1400 years to the times of Rasool'Allah and Ameer-al-Momineen.'"
>>
Singapore isnt a muslims state in any way.

33%buddhist
18%christian
17%atheist
15%muslim
>>
>>1425607
>It didn't say any words, it just laughed and hung up.
Why, because the Mainland was listening in for any excuse to arrest them?
>>
>>1425560
>they remained that way

Except if you had any knowledge on the subject you'd know they didn't and there have been many developments in Islamic thought and theology over the centuries.

Why do you think 'Wahhabism' (if you're even familiar with the term) was even a thing?
>>
>>1425560
>I think that it is a cancer wherever it spreads. I do think that it is unfair to assume that the Muslims were the only bad people at the time, but they my issue with them is that they remained that way and spread their beliefs onto other civilizations, effectively destroying any advances they had made.
Why do you have such an shitty world view? It's like you haven't done any real thought or research, you've just watched or read some things that generally agree with your preconceptions and took them to be true without doubt.

Islam is just a religion, it neither is not isn't cancer, they way it influences the society it's in is entirely down to the situation of that society, for example South East Asian Muslims are totally different to Iraqi Muslims in how they view and practice their faith, yet according to the critics, they should be identical bloodthirsty monoliths.

It isn't true that Islam destroyed advances either, the early Caliphates brought many advances to the world and the Islamic peace facilitated trade at a time when some very important inventions such as paper and gunpowder were spreading. The Indians under the Muslim Mughals arguable had their greatest period and achievements, this is when we see things like the Taj Mahal and many other scientific advances. Islam never made any real penetration into Europe and where it did, primarily Iberia, was literally the best place to live in medieval Europe whether Christian or Muslim and especially good for Jews.

Point is, the religion adapts to the situation, not the other way around. It's identical with Christianity, it's a religion about self persecution and waiting for the apocalypse, but soon enough it was transformed into a tool of war.
>>
>>1425594
Islam=religion
Muslim=people who follow Islam
Arab=people born in the arabic peninsula countries
Magreb=people born in the north africa countries
>>
File: glass-house-1.jpg (83 KB, 550x296) Image search: [Google]
glass-house-1.jpg
83 KB, 550x296
>>1425560
> They always go on about how Islam is a religion of peace, but wasn't there a massive slave trade that the Muslims, especially, took advantage of?
>>
File: 1440686329846.png (191 KB, 373x503) Image search: [Google]
1440686329846.png
191 KB, 373x503
>This is every day now it seems...
>>
>>1425627
Yes they conquered the Byzantine empire that's history 101. Doesn't diminish the importance of the Ottoman empire as they made their own massive accomplishments. And I'm sure that Khomeini meant he wanted to take it back to 600 AD to original Islam. Doesn't make it better, but you took that quote out of context making it seem like he wanted the Iranians to live in mud houses, shitting in sacrificial urns to the ass gods. Have an actual understanding of something before you make a post.
>>
>>1426147
I can see the lasting impact the reformations have had on the attitudes Muslims have towards their religion. Remind me again what the punishment is if you reform the text?

>>1426239
Muslims from all around the globe sympathize (the difference being the magnitude which the sympathy is expressed) on some level, with the holy war against the kafir. Do you know what will happen to me, an ex-Muslim, if I were to return to my native soil? They will hang me to dry.
>It isn't true that Islam destroyed advances either
Ah, yes. Tell that to my kinsmen back in Iran. Let's take a look at the Islamic golden ages and how the scholars advanced the nations.... oh wait.
What a great place to live in, conquered by Muslims. You should be thanking us, infidel!

>>1426482
Are you saying that if I am to throw around arguments like these, that the times we live in could best be equated to a glass house, that some Mohammed al-Peacefulman will explode? Please elaborate.

>>1426575
Byzantium wasn't a Muslim land, Ottomans conquered them to spread their shit religion and look what happens: their own military wants to overthrow their shitty Sharia garbage, but oh no, Islam is a gift to the world! Ali, please. How am I taking it out of context? Don't feed me that "original Islam" bullshit, he had one goal and he achieved it. The people of Iran are literally looking for an opportunity to do the same thing the Turks just did. Islam has gotten the people nowhere and they want it out, typical liberal scum letting people know what they want.
>>
>>1426642
>Muslims from all around the globe sympathize (the difference being the magnitude which the sympathy is expressed) on some level, with the holy war against the kafir.
No they don't, they might symapthise with Muslim insurgencies in invaded countries, but they don't agree with blowing up random innocent people.
>Do you know what will happen to me, an ex-Muslim, if I were to return to my native soil? They will hang me to dry.
That's because your secular government was overthrown thanks to the US. It won't last though.

>Ah, yes. Tell that to my kinsmen back in Iran. Let's take a look at the Islamic golden ages and how the scholars advanced the nations.... oh wait.
Ah yes, you're a typical Iranian Wewuzer, the equivelent of an American atheist, the edgy Iranian atheist, who hates Islam vehemently, that much was obvious in your clearly agenda ridden OP. Whatever the Sassanids did, the Persians under Islam did much more.
>>
>>1425560
The religion itself is formed in a way that prevents it from adapting or modernizing unfortunately. It is still an interesting religion to study and read about but imo it needs to take the back seat in influencing society like Christianity and others have.
>>
Alevi >>> all other muslims
>>
>>1426642
>Please elaborate.

>They always go on about how Islam is a religion of peace, but wasn't there a massive slave trade that the Muslims, especially, took advantage of?

>They always go on about how [...] is a religion of peace, but wasn't there a massive slave trade that the [...], especially, took advantage of?

Elaborate your own adventure
>>
>>1426788
Waste of dubs.

>It won't last though.
I really hope so. Correct on this point, doesn't mean the US is to blame for all the shit that has befallen us, ME fags love to scapegoat.

>Ah yes, you're a typical Iranian Wewuzer
WE WUZ CORNERSTONE OF CIVILIZATION, MANE! MONGOLS AND CALIPHATE N SHIET STEALIN OUR LIFE FROM US, MAYNE.
>but they don't agree with blowing up random innocent people.
Plain wrong. I'm out of this argument, I won't say another thing. I want you to go research this by yourself, some interesting stuff comes up.

>>1426975
http://www.arabslavetrade.com/
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.