[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Secret Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1450667779004.jpg (43 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1450667779004.jpg
43 KB, 500x372
Have there been any wars fought with the population of one of the countries not knowing about it?

I don't mean little covert operations or random raiding either.
>>
>>1427695
It seems to me that the Russian-Ukranian war is one of them. Russians geniunely think they aren't fighting.
>>
>>1427695
every English colonial war that was fought against the natives
>>
>>1427711
this
>>
US in Latin America for decades
>>
Bay of pigs
>>
>>1427695
US invasión/bombing of Cambodia and Laos under Nixon.
>>
>>1429046
Not a war, and quite well known within America.
>>
File: Chomsky.jpg (2 MB, 1712x2288) Image search: [Google]
Chomsky.jpg
2 MB, 1712x2288
>>1429365
Don't forget about East Timor!
>>
>>1427999
Beat me to it. There were a shit ton of American invasions in Latin America before WWI that no one outside of the invaded country ever talk about. You can safely say that very very few people in the U.S. even knew about these invasions until Smedley Butler wrote about them.
>>
>>1427695
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_County_War
>>
I think Afghanistan and Latin America are more well known. The laos, burma campaigns not so much. We also had a few hundred soldiers training rebels in a lot of smaller countries. There were also anti soviet mongols planning a coup financed by japan in ww2
>>
>>1427711
no. they know they are fighting there and they're proud of it. they just see it more as a peace keeping operation than invasion.
>>
>>1430093
wtf is that with you americans that you have to over-romanticize every bandit raid or hillbilly family feud with some pompous name? 20 drunk thugs firing at each other is neither a battle nor war.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.