[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some post-WW2 military blunders?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: vukovar.jpg (109 KB, 289x901) Image search: [Google]
vukovar.jpg
109 KB, 289x901
What are some post-WW2 military blunders?
>>
>>1411794
>one anatov an-2 shot down
>>
>>1411794
Rumsfeld doctrine.
>>
File: first chechen war.jpg (183 KB, 333x1297) Image search: [Google]
first chechen war.jpg
183 KB, 333x1297
I honestly defy you to give me a war in the last 50 years that destroyed more potential hope than this.

>causes Russia's new democracy to fail completely
>Chechnya ends up as a petty fiefdom where Argentina style disappearances were and are common
>insurgency will never, ever end
>resistance goes from being nationalist to being snackbars, so peace is impossible now
>Chechen snackbars travel around the globe spreading jihad to other countries
>Russia's new police state begins exporting their success to countries like Georgia and Ukraine
>>
>>1414495
It brought about the rise of Putin who promptly slapped their shit down
>>
>>1414502
To this day, Chechnya is ruled by Chechen forces that the Russian Federation had to pay to rule the region for them.

Kadyrov recently threatened to kill any Russian forces that entered the country without his permission.
>>
>>1414495
>Russian government now pays off main warlord to not attack them
>builds largest mosque in Europe in Moscow to appease him
>>
>>1414508
Please, kadyrov is one of putin's biggest ass lickers, he plays tough for his people but he knows the moment he gets out of line he gets coup d'etated
>>
>>1414516
Yeah right.

The last two times Russia tried to assert itself on the Chechen government it ended up with thousands of dead conscripts and nothing to show for it.
>>
File: file.png (81 KB, 301x947) Image search: [Google]
file.png
81 KB, 301x947
>>1414521
The first time they did, because of Yeltsin's and the generals' incompetence.
The second time it was an absolute stomping
>>
>>1414531
I don't know if you know this, but the Second Chechen War killed more Russians than the First.
>>
>>1414549
Not at all.
Not to mention that they completely trounced the Chechens with acceptable casualties, which is all that matters.
>>
>>1414495
The Invasion of Dagestan was very stupid on their part
>>
>>1414516
Imagine if during the civil war the yanks had to pull out, then later invaded a second time only to acknowledge a confederate general as head of the confederated states who in return acknowledged being part of the US in return for massive bribes and being allowed to keep slaves
>>
One of those funny little wars where some Arabs tried to mess with Israel and got thoroughly shat upon.
>>
>>1414936
You forgot to mention that in this scenario the CSA is about the size of Vermont compared to the rest of the US.
>>
>>1413513
>a fucking farmer plane
>>
>>1411794
Americans relying on shit rifles instead of machine guns.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.