[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If in a country the two leading ideals are freedom and democracy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: US_Capitol_South.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1620) Image search: [Google]
US_Capitol_South.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1620
If in a country the two leading ideals are freedom and democracy, what happens if it's democratically decided to end freedom?
>>
there Is no such thing as freedom unless you live in the woods alone.

YOU can only pick and choose from what is provided to you.
>>
You end freedom for the people who want to end freedom.

That way they get what they want, a dictatorship, and everyone else gets what they want, a democracy.
>>
>>1427072

If you live alone in the forest, you cant eat snickers bars, only what the forest can provide to you.
>>
>>1427178
is that not the freest life though? no bills to pay, wake up whenever you want, rassle a bear or two with just your hands etc
>>
You get the United States, a country which has abandoned most of its principles and fails to recall its own history or its importance to the world and consistently repeats itself, in both war and politics. The people fall back and forth into a political disparity, based on the zeitgeist and not based off of the effectiveness of a politician's skills, or their foremost knowledge on the important issues of a given time.
>>
>>1427188
>rassle a bear

brown ones will kill you and the black ones are pussies
>>
>>1427194
I'm talking grizzly bears
>>
>>1427055
something something constitution

murikans worship that thing like its the koran
>>
>>1427217
Bible*
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.