[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help analyzing this photo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (62 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
62 KB, 720x960
I was at a family reunion this weekend, and ended up visiting my Great-Great-Great Grandfathers house in Portugal.

No one lives there, but it's kept in tact for our family members to visit (We have an extremely large family, and at-least 80% of us make six figure plus salaries, so paying to keep this house in tact and visiting it is worth it to them). After digging through stuff, we found a photo none of us had seen before of my great-great-great grandfather, my great-great-great grand mother, and my great-great grandfather.

Everyone was fascinated by the how old the photo was, and how my great-great grandfather looks like me, however I was curious about something else: Something on my great-great grandfathers vest.

I first thought it was a pocket watch, but he wouldnt be showing it off, and it's far too small to be a pocket watch. I'm thinking it's a medal, possibly Freemason since most the men in our family tree were Freemasons. Anyone have any idea what it is? (Sorry for th ebad quality photo in advanced, it was taken with my phone...)
>>
File: 2.jpg (76 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
76 KB, 540x960
Close up photo because 4chan only allows 1 photo
>>
>>1425639
Moderm freemasons are pretty chill, you could honestly just email them the photos and ask if you don't get any help here
>>
Here's my wild guess. It looks like boots. Maybe... He made boots and got an award for fanciest 3-for-2 boot sale campaign?
>>
Do you have a date for the photo? And were they living in Portugal?
>>
>>1425639
It's not a Freemason one. Possibly looks like initials for the family.
>>
His initials were B.S (hehe), and his fathers initials were N.S. The medal looks like neither

I had also emailed the head of the Freemason Lodging of Texas, and he said he will ask colleagues of his that might know.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.