[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About Satan and ,more Crazy theological theories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Lucifer3.jpg (421 KB, 1030x1280) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer3.jpg
421 KB, 1030x1280
I do not know where to post this, /x/ is filled with skelingtons and I was spooked, /pol/ will only accept the teachings of Kek so this is me last hope.
Who is Satan? What if Lucifer is partially innocent and the contrary is another being? He/She could be hiding while we fight Lucifer who may be destined for good. Are we Satan?
>>
Satan might be an administrator of the material grid.
>>
It's hard for me to believe that Satan (who should have known God better than any human) would have tried to rebel against an omnipotent being, so maybe God isn't really omnipotent?
>>
>>1425681

Or Satan was just REALLY arrogant and prideful to the point of deluding himself into thinking he was better than an omnipotent being.
>>
>>1425505
Jewish, Muslim, and Christian theology all hold differing views of the satan/lucifer/aversary/morning star/devil figure, and there are numerous heretical positions within christianity alone, far more than you need to know about on /his/

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/a/angra_mainyu.html
>>
>>1425505
Satan is the various figures who are adversary to God. Lucifer is an angel who is characterized by Pride which caused his fall. He is Satan for opposing God, but Satan is not only Lucifer.
>>
>>1425726
Are we Satan? We are opposing God right now
>>
>>1425681
Christianity is filled with this kind of thing. According to them, God made shitloads of imperfect beings for shits and giggles
>>
>>1425735
We could be. Final Judgment belongs to God, however.
>>
>>1425505
>Who is Satan?
You know that feeling when you see a delicious, glazed donut? Or that feeling when you see something that you want to steal? Or that feeling when you really want sex? Or that feeling when you want to stay in bed all day?

That's satan.
>>
>>1425735
The vast majority of the earth is satanic and will perish, yes.
>>
Satan is pure evil
>>
>>1425681
Well, that's because you assume that failure is always the worst possibility, but that's just not true.
Satan might have revolted, not because he had hopes to overthrow god, but just because attempting it was the right thing to do.
You can see that among humans too : some people can't be cowed by overwhelming power, and will choose to fight and be defeated rather than submit.
>>1425692
That makes no sense. Being short sighted doesn't stop one from seeing the sun. Likewise, no sort of pride can mask the power of god.
You need complete blindness for that, and Satan was always described as intelligent and perceptive. Not brain dead at least.
>>
Satan is the demiurge, Lucifer isn't satan, just an elite fallen angel.
>>
>>1425505
Well in the original theology satan isnt an antagonist to god, he is one of his angels whose role is to test gods creations. He is on gods side though
>>
>>1425681
The actual question is why an omnipotent being even gave a shit about a rebellion. He could afk the whole thing, come back, and reset his throne without punishing satan.
>>
File: satan.png (131 KB, 1499x965) Image search: [Google]
satan.png
131 KB, 1499x965
Disappointed that no one posted this
>>
>>1426928
I was going to reference that in OP's post, but since I can't really into English it was sounding a bit odd and decided to left it
>>
>>1426471
>Original theology
Are we being lied to?
I know that I am sounding like a maniac, but who knows, maybe those crazy people are not so wrong after all
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.