[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christian God is inferior to the Buddha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 4
File: battle+with+mara.jpg (120 KB, 1066x723) Image search: [Google]
battle+with+mara.jpg
120 KB, 1066x723
Daily reminder that the Buddha is superior in every way to YHWH and/or Jesus, as one of the epiphets of the Shakyamuni was the 'teacher of gods and men'.

YHWH/Jesus is merely a deluded deva that was reborn in the realms of bliss at the beginning of the kalpa and erroneously concluded it had created the Universe and all beings in it once other sentient life-forms began to appear in the world. He is impermanent and far from perfect, still subject to attachments and vices such as pride. vanity, arrogance, and will one day die and, having exhausted his good karma, will be reborn in the human world or the Naraka.

This is evident because YHWH shows himself quite content to be in Samsara - usually flaunting his power and wrongly puffing himself up as THE only savior and path to salvation -, and completely ignorant on matters of states of being higher than the one in which he himself is in (since he states himself to be omnipotent or omniscient).
>>
>>1425186
>>1425186
Christ has Buddha nature, as does everything.

Yhwh of Old Testament is redeemed by the Enlightenment spread by Christ which isn't seperate from Buddha, Krsna, or Mahavatar Babaji.

Your holding past actions of Yhwh against Him, which is opposite to what Christ and Buddha teach.

Buddha wouldn't claim to be superior to any God or deva. In fact Christ says "my father and I are one" and his hopes is that we also dwell in Him as he dwells in the Father, therefore attaining the same state of Higher Self that Buddhism teachee

And basic Christian doctrines don't teach the secrets that are outside of Christianity, becauae those are the ones who hold you in samsara not Yhwh. You have to be a CHRISTIAN and willing to work to find them instead of making assumptions you cannot back up
>>
>>1425265
>Buddha wouldn't claim to be superior to any God or deva

Buddha demonstrated that he was superior to the devas and gods. Not in a display of arrogance, but to convince them of their own impermanence and so they would strive to practice the dharma.
>>
>>1425283
Just because you can have clairvoyance and "omnipotence" does not make you superior or inferior. Gautama Buddha IS Krsna and it is known well in the Srimad Bhagavatam by Vaisnavas.
>>
Go to hell devil worshipper
>>
>>1425186
>M-muh buddhism is atheistic and it is a not religion

>B-but buddha teached gods and he is himself superior to the Creator of the Universe. P-praise lord Buddha !

Baboondhist in a nutshell.
>>
>>1425381
>there's only atheism and theism, nothing else exists

Back to /v/ kiddo
>>
File: 1391337807321.png (20 KB, 1012x304) Image search: [Google]
1391337807321.png
20 KB, 1012x304
>>1425186
>the buddha
>superior to someone
>>
>>1425186
>God
>Born
>Impermanent
>Not perfect
Yeah, you're not talking about Christian God there.
>>
>>1425388
thats post you have a picture of doesnt take into account buddhist philosophy at all
it also doesnt realize that fucking 1000 bitches a year and fucking 0 has the same end result, taṇhā
>>
>>1425411
Just because a god said that stuff about himself doesn't make it true.
>>
>>1425436
Why so? Bible shows cases of God's omnipotence and omniscience. Just because OP says God is a deluded daeva doesn't make it true.
>>
>>1425186
>Buddha is superior in every way to YHWH and/or Jesus
Buddha died. Christ defeated death.
>>
>>1425456
Buddha ascended to parinirvana you philistine
>>
>>1425381
The devas aren't really 'gods', since they have no power over the human world. They're merely beings in other realms of existence.

Atheism merely means the lack of belief in a deity, not in the supernatural... And besides, Theravada, the largest and ostensibly the 'Orthodox' denomination of Buddhism pays no special attention to the devas.
>>
>>1425449
>Bible shows cases of God's omnipotence and omniscience.

The Bible is supposed to be written by YHWH right? Or at least under his inspiration. Why wouldn't a god try make himself seem as powerful and wise as possible?

It's like using Soviet government literature to show how wise and benevolent Stalin is and what a great place to live the USSR is (I'm not claiming God is an evil dictator, just using an analogy).

>Just because OP says God is a deluded daeva doesn't make it true.

Yes, neither is necessarily true.
>>
>>1425461
He literally lied in a "pose of lion" and died. That's about it.
>>
>>1425473
>Why wouldn't a god try make himself seem as powerful and wise as possible?
Why would he? Christian God _doesn't_ need worship. People need to worship True God.
>>
>>1425476

Jesus literally got nailed to a post and died. That's about it.
>>
>>1425496
>and died
...and resurrected in body on a third day. Read Gospels.
>>
>>1425473
>The Bible is supposed to be written by YHWH right?
No.

>Or at least under his inspiration.
Technically it's a series of religious texts that were compiled because of "divine inspiration," that is, the overall message being divine and good.

>Why wouldn't a god try make himself seem as powerful and wise as possible?
Why wouldn't a god with no equals be all powerful and all wise?

>I'm not claiming God is an evil dictator
Yes you are.
>>
>>1425476
Paranirvana isn't the cessation of consciousness, you mong.
>>
>>1425512
>Paranirvana
*parinirvana
>cessation of consciousness
you mean "death" :)
>>
>>1425525
>Paranirvana
>*parinirvana

Ok? There are many spelling variations to saying paranirvana: paranibbana, parinirvana, parinibbana. What's it matter? Autism?

Also, paranirvana is not the end of consciousness. The Buddha explains it as an unknowable state that is beyond the ability to be described.
>>
>>1425489
>Christian God _doesn't_ need worship. People need to worship True God.

ACCORDING TO HIM.

Holy shit how is this hard to understand? According to the North Korean government the DPRK is great and a wonderful bastion of freedom of human rights.

>>1425504
>Why wouldn't a god with no equals be all powerful and all wise?

I don't know. Lots of human Emperors and kings have had no equal in power, yet they weren't omnipotent.

Again you're just taking his word for things.

>Yes you are.

If you say so.
>>
>>1425544
the individual consciousness and nirvana are definitely mutually exclusive.
>>
>>1425545
Ok, even if God is deluded daeva why would he need worship then? Christian philosophy absolutely states that God doesn't need worship. What does buddhist philosophy say about daevas in this case?
>>
>>1425186
If you say so.
Personally I think that Buddha was possessed by a demon that wanted to be worshipped above his paygrade.
>>
>>1425549
individual consciousness maybe, but enlightened beings in Buddhism continue to manifest to the faithful in varied forms. So they cannot be called dead in a spiritual sense because they continue to interact on with the living.
>>
>>1425545
>According to the North Korean government the DPRK is great and a wonderful bastion of freedom of human rights.
They promote this propaganda, so other countries wouldn't interfere with their politics. But people cannot harm nor daevas in their realm, nor Christian God. So what's the point then?
>>
>>1425565
Christ says love God with all your heart and live your neighbor
>>
>>1425574
>but enlightened beings in Buddhism continue to manifest to the faithful in varied forms
Boddhisatvas willfully deny themselves from nirvana. Enlightenment and nirvana are not the same thing. Enlightenment comes before nirvana. Theravadins, if i'm not mistaken, reject cult of boddhisatvas. I didn't know that you are dirty mahayanist. Jk :)
>>
>>1425565
>Ok, even if God is deluded daeva why would he need worship then

For the same reason that other devas ask - insist, even - that humans worship them despite their actual impotence to influence the human world: because of pride and vanity.
>>
>>1425577
As I already said, people need to believe in God, so their souls can be saved, they can fight sinful passions, they can reach theosis etc.
>>
>>1425565
>Ok, even if God is deluded daeva why would he need worship then?

I'm not the guy who said that, I'm not assuming he's a daeva for the sake of this argument, just some being less than all powerful. Maybe for the same reason human rulers desire adulation.

>>1425575
>They promote this propaganda, so other countries wouldn't interfere with their politics.

Every foreigner knows the DPRK is full of shit (except for a few delusional western communists). Propaganda is largely for their own people.
>>
>>1425496
Christ also taught about God and the connection of our divinity. And then because of the topic of His teaching was about the universe and God and more He was killed for it because it was contrary to what has been taught...

God knew something about the religious elite was corrupt so He sent Christ to teach us what we needed to hear to get us out of the trap of samsara and confining religion.

But then people made Christ into the same "confining" principles and seperated the world from His true teachings, and the world is so quick to deny Him even though He came to save us

>>1425502
And because of His sacrifice,and ressurection, we are able to contact God in our heart in order to re establish ourselves from sin into eternal life which isn't all about afterlife but is about the present
>>
File: I won!.jpg (131 KB, 630x817) Image search: [Google]
I won!.jpg
131 KB, 630x817
>>1425625
>He

Cringe
>>
>>1425600
>because of pride and vanity.
that's definitely not the motives of Christian God, who gave His Son as a sacrifice to a horrible painful death on a cross (would prideful daeva humiliate himself to such extent?), and who taught that pride and vanity are mortal sins. Also why would daeva even need to influence human's realm if they are themselves in a realm of bliss. Why they care about humans, if they revel in pleasure.
>>
>>1425638
thanks for input, we really appreciate it.
>>
>>1425186
So you're basically saying that the animal has more knowledge than the man that houses it, feeds it and protects it.....I remember being a teenager.
>>
>>1425449
>Bible shows cases of God's omnipotence and omniscience.

It doesn't, though. There are multiple cases where it appears that the God is not omniscient.
>>
>>1425618
>I'm not assuming he's a daeva for the sake of this argument, just some being less than all powerful
Well, according to buddhist religion we can see God only as a daeva, or maybe asura. Other worlds stands "below" human realm.
>Maybe for the same reason human rulers desire adulation.
I don't think we can assume human motives to God (that contradicts Christian theology) or even to daevas.
>>
>>1425674
You're implying that YHWH has any power to "house, feed, [or] protect" beings in the human realm.

As with most beings in samsara, YHWH is quite powerless.
>>
>>1425656
>demands you love him or burn forever
>can't just forgive people and admit his rules are bullshit, needs to sacrifice himself to himself for failings of his creation

Sure is neither vain nor prideful, that. Its mortal sins for humans, god can kill humans off however he likes, and orders murder of kids often enough. Stop lying about your bronze-age wargod being a hippie god.

If you want god to be not vain or prideful, change religions.
>>
>>1425677
>It doesn't, though
It does, though.
>Miracles
>Prophecies
>Destroys cities
>Noah's flood
>etc.
>>
>>1425703
Yhwh has power in all realms but if you limit His possibilities, then you stay in cyclical patterns because you don't believe there is a hand that can pull you out
>>
>>1425716
Literally the sort of shit gods in all mythologies and traditions do. None of it entails omnipotence.

There are also the parts where God for example needs to go down to Sodom and Gomorrah to see what's going on for himself, has his mind changed by humans, etc.
>>
>>1425716
None of those makes him omniscient. In fact, the fact that he had to resort to crude measures such as the flood very much suggests that he's neither omnipotent nor omniscient - why would he have let things go that far from his liking if he was aware of it? And then you have the whole genesis chapter 3(among other things) very much demonstrating that the God is, in fact, NOT omniscient.
>>
>>1425704
You don't "burn forever that is a lion and is no where in the bible.

God isn't a war god, but is God. The problem is people do not break out of their prejudice against God ("God is bad because I think that....") then you won't change your paradigm ever.

That is samsara, is to believe that God is seperate in all religions and that He is strictly a bad God because "he is vain and prideful because this is how I analyze it to be.."
>>
>>1425734
God is in fact omniscient.

If we are talking about God, we are talking about Source and not deluded perceptions of Source. Also not limiting God to one chapter in comparison to the millions of books about Him.
>>
>>1425744
Lie* not lion
>>
>>1425751
The God as presented in the Bible is not compatible with your claim.
>>
>>1425764
Where?

Why do you limit God to only the Bible? Do you understand that God is everywhere

Even if OT "God" made mistakes in the OT, why would you hold everything against Him
>>
>>1425704
Gee, dude. You don't understand Christianity at all.
>>demands you love him or burn forever
Uh, no? If you love God, you live by His teachings (which is good, because God is good), and you become closer to Him. At the end of days you end up in His Kingdom. If you hate Him and do not believe in Him and "break his rules", you're running from him to the special place, He created for such people, because He respects their free will, which is hell. You see? People chose to end up in hell, to distance themselves from the love of God.
>>can't just forgive people and admit his rules are bullshit, needs to sacrifice himself to himself for failings of his creation
Actually, God forgave people, for He is love. And He also gave them salvation from consequences of original sin through sacrificing Son and resurrecting human flesh. To long to write about it with my bad English. Read up on free will, original sin which caused mortality of creation and the question of Theodicy. Or you can just think that you absolutely won this debate, I don't really care now.
>>
>>1425565
The problem with man, is that they think life is about competing for attention and they automatically assume God has the motives of men in this similar fashion. As if God needs to be worshiped because He needs our attention. We're dust to Him.

How many have actually read the book? Lol it's insane the conclusions people form out of their own petty judgements and vanity.

God only needs one thing from us and that's for us to not suffer. We suffer, He suffers. Therefore we have to keep our eyes on Him. Man goes his own way and you get a bunch of savagery and exploitation. And only the arrogant think that just because they aren't savage or deceptive they are somehow above it. As if they can't find themselves under the thumb of tyranny. Nah, outside of that bubble of delusion there are men who will go further than you will go in order to turn you into a subject piece for exploitation.

God's wrath and anger and pride as OP so arrogantly judged God for- it's correction, discipline, and guidance. And if you think man doesn't need correction, then your deluded.

Also Buddha can't save anyone, not anymore then your parents can save you by telling you when you were a child that you shouldn't play in traffic. THANKS MOM.
>>
>>1425769
I don't. I'm just pointing out that your claim "Bible shows cases of God's omnipotence and omniscience." is demonstrably false. The Bible show cases a God that is NOT omniscient or omnipotent.
>>
Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please” (Isaiah 46:9-10).

“Who can fathom the Spirit of the LORD, or instruct the LORD as his counselor? Whom did the LORD consult to enlighten him, and who taught him the right way? Who was it that taught him knowledge, or showed him the path of understanding?” (Isaiah 40:13-14).
>>
>>1425777
So are you going to back it up or are you going to restate your opinion again in capital letters?
>>
>>1425777
>The Bible show cases a God that is NOT omniscient or omnipotent.
Where?
>>
>>1425783
>>1425784
Genesis 3.
>>
>>1425725
>There are also the parts where God for example needs to go down to Sodom and Gomorrah to see what's going on for himself, has his mind changed by humans, etc.
>"I don't understand metaphors"
>>
>>1425777
>“Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account” (Hebrews 4:13).
>>
>>1425772
>depending on something outside you to save you
>not being your own salvation

Lmao christcucks everyone
>>
>>1425786
Which verse? Where in Genesis 3 does it say God is not omnipotent
>>
>>1425788
How does the Bible tell you which parts you're supposed to take metaphorically and which parts are literal?
>>
>>1425793
The true Christianity is a doctrine for the Self but no one will ever believe it, at least on 4chan no one will understand
>>
>>1425793
being your own salvation from what?
>>
>>1425786
“Whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything” (1 John 3:20).
>>
>>1425811
And yet he has to ask questions before knowing that it was the serpent that deceived Eve into eating the apple?
>>
>>1425777
Isaiah 40:28ESV / 66 helpful votes

Have you not known? Have you not heard? TheLordis the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.

Jeremiah 23:24ESV / 42 helpful votes

Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares theLord. Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares theLord.

Psalm 147:4-5ESV / 36 helpful votes

He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names. Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure.
>>
>>1425816
God can communicate with us. We have free will, so it is okay for God to ask is questions.

And that story is way more than Genesis, there are more texts outside of the Bible that you can look at and gain different insight
>>
>>1425806
I'm the anon you replied to, and trust me I know this bro, but none of these clowns understand that.
>>
>>1425703
Yeah, that's what I'm implying because that's what I said lol.

Man didn't create the earth, man didn't even create the concepts for peace, all are offerings to pick and choose and apply.
>>
>>1425833
>God can communicate with us. We have free will, so it is okay for God to ask is questions.

The question isn't whether he's allowed to ask questions, it's why would he ever need to, if he's omniscient.
>>
>>1425599
No, even the buddha can manifest in lessor forms, life and death are not necessarily divided on Buddhism, nor is reality necessarily real.

But yes most of my reading is on the esoteric mahayana schools
>>
>>1425801
It's not Bible, it's my brains, which I use to understand Bible. For example, if Bible says that God is spirit, I understand that spirit can "walk" only metaphorically. And if omniscient God asks Adam, if he ate from tree, that's not because He doesn't know the answer, but because He wants to give Adam an opportunity to chose the answer by himself, for He respects his free will. I admit, Bible is hard to understand. But so is math and chemistry, I have hard times understanding it. We also have Sacred tradition of Holy Fathers of church, read about it.
>>
>>1425793
Yeah, cause without having things made before you ever set eyes on them, ie the earth and everything in it that sustains life, you were equipped with the power to take care of yourself. Face it, you're only alive as long as it's permitted.
>>
>>1425843
Because we have free will to change our minds.

Besides, it isn't like God is detached from humanity to the point where he doesn't ask us anything. That would mean we are actually predestined. But he asks us things because we have choices we can make that effect our next placements
>>
>>1425851
>even the buddha can manifest in lessor forms
So he's not in the state of parinirvana then, isn't he?
>life and death are not necessarily divided on Buddhism
life and death maybe. But sansara and the abscence of any aspect of sansara are definitely divided.
>>
>>1425857
>He wants to give Adam an opportunity to chose the answer by himself
And Adam fails horribly.
>>
>>1425880
no at the highest level there is no strict separation between nirvana and samsara either, that would be duelistic thinking.
>>
>>1425961
Yes, I understand that true nature of beings in sansara actually is Tathagata's nature, and that sansara, basically, isn't true reality The question is, if Buddha actually reached parinirvana, whicn is "final" nirvana, why would he have intention to manifest himself to beings-in-sansara, who, basically, are mere illusions of individual being. Also if Buddha is a being, who defeated the delusion of individual existence of self (both him and other illusory beings), what is it to be manifested? From this point of view I think Theravada wins over Mahayana.
>>
>>1426006
>why would he have intention to manifest himself to beings-in-sansara,
also where would be the source of any intention, if "he", who has intentions, vanishes in the state of nirvana.
>>
>>1425771
Like, was this .. I really can't tell if that was sarcastic or not.

God doesn't demand you love him, he just decided to create a hell and the rule that you must go there if you don't love him for making a universe like this. It's totally your choice though. Just if you disagree he puts you in eternal torment without chance of parole.

You had your moral compas bashed in by bronze-age mythology. Or, that was actualyl sarcastic, in which case cudos.
>>
>>1426656
It's like you haven't read the post you answered.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.