[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a thread about symbolism? Specifically the all seeing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: B10.png (386 KB, 595x596) Image search: [Google]
B10.png
386 KB, 595x596
Can we have a thread about symbolism? Specifically the all seeing eye?

I think the Egyptians drew giant eyes at the top of their pyramids to give the impression that they are being looked down on by their gods while the sides of the pyramid represent the field of vision of the eye.

I don't know how this symbol made its way into Judaism and found itself on the US currency and what its ultimate meaning is.

Also, please don't shill and/or derail this thread.
>>
>>1424284

>I think...

...and yet you know nothing

think about that
>>
>>1424284
>the Egyptians drew giant eyes at the top of their pyramids

No they didn't. It's not an Egyptian symbol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Providence
>>
File: eye_of_horus-1979px.png (98 KB, 1979x1522) Image search: [Google]
eye_of_horus-1979px.png
98 KB, 1979x1522
>>1424325
>not an Egyptian symbol
>>
>>1424357

Nice pyramid, retard.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.