[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2000px-Flag_of_Esperanto.svg.png (22 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flag_of_Esperanto.svg.png
22 KB, 2000x1333
What went wrong?
>>
>>1423583
Good question.
Bumping for answers.
>>
Nationalism?
>>
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS WHAT WENT RIGHT

FUCK COMMIES
>>
Nationalism
French and then Anglo domination
Espéranto being invented by a Russian
>>
>>1423583

>Lots of people are communicating just fine
>HEY GUISE, I MADE THIS PERFECT LANGUAGE
>ITS BASICALLY ITALIAN, EVERYONE LIKES ITALY, RIGHT?
>I MEAN, THEY'VE BEEN SO SUCCESSFUL IN THE MODERN WORLD, EVERYONE WILL IMITATE THEM LIKE ROME OF OLD
> HOW OCME NOBODY USES MY LANGUAGE?
>MI TUJ MORTIGI MIN MEM
>>
>>1423583
Mostly, mistakes the creator didn't fucking like to change. This led to offshoots like ido.

Apparently, the language was sexist, the direct object was pretty damn hard to remember, even though it was useless, and so many damn loanwords, even though some words had the same meaning. That, and the
>Le easy to learn language XD
meme, even though fluency takes years to do.

The orthography was pretty shitty. Holy fuck it's ugly. You can't type some at a keyboard, at least without some complicated stuff, and typewriting can't do that shit, before computers were invented.

Also, the vocabulary was basically European so the loanword easy smeezy learny thing didn't apply to those who didn't know any European languages.

Regardless, it is the most spoken constructed language. But it hasn't achieved its goal as a universal language.
>>
>>1427970
To elaborate, the orthography consisted of weird decisions. Like a fucking circumflex over a C.

Of course, rather than typing that, a lot of esperantists just use cx. X replacing whatever bullshit they put in the letter. What's the point of even adding that if you can't type it easily?

And the u with that downward curve. Just use a fucking w.
>>
>>1427970
>Holy fuck it's ugly
This is the main problem desu. Esperanto looks like some kind of demented Slavo-Romance language. But instead of being based on vulgar latin, it's based on Portuguese or something even worse (if such a thing were even possible. Perhaps a hypothetical Vandal-Romance language?).

Then, all these Slavo-Portugese got together and they shit Esperanto out. It's truly a fucking hideous creation. Latin Sine Inflexione is superior.
>>
>>1423583
Solution to a problem that never existed.
>>
>>1427219
*being invented by a Jew
>>1423583
People value their language, nation, and culture?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.