[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"The soul came into being simultaneously with the sky"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: plato_360x450.jpg (245 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
plato_360x450.jpg
245 KB, 800x1000
"The soul came into being simultaneously with the sky"

What did he mean by that?
>>
>>1423209
The creation of life was synonymous with the creation of it's environment
>>
>>1423258
It also might have some religious meaning. The sky being the throne from which god rules
>>
>tfw I know exactly what he meant
>tfw it's more fun to see the people who haven't read him to try to guess what he meant
>tfw stirnerds will come and shit in the thread thus ruining it for everybody else anyway
>>
>>1423266
>tfw should have kept my mouth shut
>>
Souls are immortal and pertain to the Universe for the sake of observing it and living among it. Even if the sky pre-dates humans, it still was created primevally with the soul that was yet to find a human body vessel.
>>
>>1423258
>it's environment
why is this such a common mistake, is it American English?
>its
>it has/is
learn the difference
>>
>>1423209
>"The soul came into being simultaneously with the sky"

Plato draws a comparison between his theory and the Bible.

> And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”
>So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.
>God called the vault “sky.”
>And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

>Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

>So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
>>
>>1423921
wh-what? Is that a joke, anon?
>>
>>1423936
Plato plagiarized "Moses", didn't you know?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.