[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does anything exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: daffy duck.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
daffy duck.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
Why does anything exist?
>>
It's all just a prank bro
>>
Vibrations in the time/space continuum forming local order.
>>
First ask "What is existence?" When you find out what it is, why it exist will be clear.
>>
>>1420358
why and how
>>
>>1420347
The sadism of that evil bufoon, the Demiurge.
>>
>>1420368
Because of fluctuations.
>>
>>1420372
Best answer so far.
>>
>>1420347
Oh, it's not really meant to. There was an accounting error somewhere. We apologise for the inconvenience.
>>
It's is weird to think that anything exist at all. It all leads to that something in the beginning came from absolute nothing, but there wasn't anything so the nothing didn't even exist or the concept of something existing or not existing,

Your mind gets fucked if you think about it to long
>>
>>1420483
dude what
>>
>>1420483
I guess it could also be that there was just always something, it didn't come from nothing, it just always was.
Isn't time also an actual force that genuinely exists in a material sense and not just an abstract concept? In that case I guess you sort of have to reassess notions of when things came into being.
>>
Can something not exist? You can think about some person that you invent and claim such a person does not exist but it that a valid claim.
Is it even possible to posit something as not existing by thinking or explaining.
I mean that perhaps human thought can never be said to be positing anything in the extramental. Whenever we concieve of something in our mind it can never be equated with something putside of our mind. It is always a psoited virtual that exists as such in our mind but saying that jsut cause we create some idealized thing in our mind and thus it can somehow exist or not exist in an extra mnetal actual sense is simply mistaken.
We can posit a purple ball jumping near us, we can imagine it but perhaps the act of imagining the occaions can never be said to be connected with anything exta mental.
That only when we act on our imagination and crate an actual version of the idealized thought in our mind can it be said to exist while the conception in our mind can never be said to exist and thus to then not exist as an actual thing in the extramental reality.
I hope i am being clear enough.
>>
The immortal science if Marxism -Leninism
>>
>>1420347
Is there the slightest chance that something can exist. Then given enough time it must exist.
>>
File: 42.gif (417 KB, 245x157) Image search: [Google]
42.gif
417 KB, 245x157
>>1422919
>given enough time
There was no time before creation. Spacetime is one continuum, not two separate contiua
>>
>>1420347
it doesnt
>>
Existence is the exogenastic formational fundamentality.
Materia renunciated is the aural octogenarianation of the sensing data structuring.
Thus the oxifillament does not exist to underflate itself but to regroup the sensual tractious stratum of experience.
>>
>>1422971
This.
>>
>>1422971
/thread
>>
>>1422971
sounds like pseudoscience
>>
>>1422699
There are things which humans can't think of, but we don't know what they are.

There does exist space that has nothing in it e.g. in between atoms
>>
>>1423022
I dont think this has anything to do with what i wrote. Also atoms are not the smallest particles. They ar emade of quarks and the quarks are made of other smaller parts.
>>
Why do you think something needs a reason to exist?
>>
>>1423022
There is empty space between you and your monitor. There is no need to tell us how the world looks through some machanical tools. Our sensual tools work just fine.
>>
>>1423022
>even possible to posit something

but something does exist in that space
>>
>>1423031
you sir....are not a native speaker....
>>
>>1423052
ha?
>>
File: 1463155525211.jpg (22 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1463155525211.jpg
22 KB, 512x512
Accidents happen.
>>
>>1420434
not witty or clever
>>>reddit
>>
ITT: pseudo-intellectual low iq bluepilled proles
>>
File: 1468523287118.jpg (12 KB, 339x422) Image search: [Google]
1468523287118.jpg
12 KB, 339x422
Why does 4chan exist?
>>
>>1422656
>>1420483
A fourth dimension is extremely difficult to comprehend.

Suffice to say that cause-effect has been theoretically proven to be the ordering of the laws of physics. As far as we know.

Even the world's brightest people have trouble comprehending a world where space-time exists.
As for gravity and dark matter, well shit gets really funky.
>>
>>1420358
>>1420368
>>1420377
>A Boltzmann brain is a hypothesized self aware entity which arises due to random fluctuations out of a state of chaos.
>if one considers the probability of our current situation as self-aware entities embedded in an organized environment, versus the probability of stand-alone self-aware entities existing in a featureless thermodynamic "soup", then the latter should be vastly more probable than the former.
>>
>>1420347
Because I exist.
>>
Because you are here to observe it.
>>
>>1420347
/sci/ here to enlighten you without any of >>1420358 's handwaving

In order for something to exist, it must have a form. A thing has to have a boundary between it and the rest of the other things, or else it's not really a thing.

There is a boundary around every molecule. That boundary does not disappear. It is continuous. It defines the molecule's form. It only disappears if the molecule breaks, but the pieces the molecule breaks into, atoms, have their own forms, so they also exist.

It's even possible to break those pieces. The sub-pieces have forms. It might be possible to break those as well. And so on, until you're working with sub-sub-sub... pieces that are so small that there is no physical process possible that can ever destroy them ever. Those things would exist indefinitely.

So the answer to your question "why does anything exist" is "because it's too hard to completely destroy everything". If you want to think of the universe as a random storm of dice rolls, after a certain number of fuckups, the smallest elementary particles that originally made up the primordial universe could cool to a point where they could form composite particles, which then could recombine to form everything else, including you.

I don't know why anything in particular exists, though. But even if the universe obliterated itself for a few consecutive iterations, eventually it might reach some kind of equilibrium where a galaxy might form, or something.
>>
>>1420347
Because it can
>>
Existence and consciousness is actually a timeless entity of sorts that always has and always will persist.

Something occurred though, a disgusting tumor within the universe that forced everything away, the sheer power enough to introduce entropy and time into existence. As a result, through the chaos of tumbling matter existing in some horrific chamber of progressive movement and change, consciousness can only form and bubble up through the matter in brief, hardly sustained periods.

All part of a new religion/sci-fi series I'm writing.
>>
>>1420368
Why not
>>
idk lol
>>
>>1420483
This is stupid to even think about, its kinda like an ant imaging our world, impossible. We have our own perception of time and space and reality, we humans are "programmed" to only think about what is already declared in our existence.

A kinda far away example, but: in scifis, even in the 80, which was almost tomorrow, one of the number one things in the future was flying cars.
Why? Cars are part of our every day life, so we can imagine something which is kinda like a car but its not - a flying car.
However, no one really thought we will have all the information from the world in our pockets, or that the internet will be an actual thing - its just impossible, so far away from the reality of the 80s.

So yeah, thinking about how the world formed and what was before it is just too complex to comprehend.
>>
>>1420347
Jesus
>>
>>1420353
First response is best response.
>>
>>1420347
Deus Vult
>>
>>1420347
If it didnĀ“t, what would we complain about?
>>
OP is an idiot. this question is so retarded mainly for the reason that nobody can give a correct answer because nobody knows
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.