[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /his/, wouldn't it have been wonderful if Stadtholder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Willem III.jpg (108 KB, 708x899) Image search: [Google]
Willem III.jpg
108 KB, 708x899
Dear /his/, wouldn't it have been wonderful if Stadtholder William III of Holland, Zeeland, Utrecht, Gelderland and Overijssel, King of England, Ireland and Scotland and his wife, Mary II, had had children? The world would have seen an Anglo-Dutch empire capable of ruling Europe and the world as a whole better than the English could on their own. With the combined fleets of the Netherlands and Britain and the colonial ventures of both these superpowers there would not have been anything to stop the Anglo-Dutch Empire from ruling the world until eternity. The USA would, perhaps, not have left the Empire, and the control of the English Channel would've left France severely diminished. There is no way Napoleon could've gained so large an empire with the Anglo-Dutch standing in his way.

Why is this alternate history never discussed? It almost happened and would've been scary as all hell, yet everyone seems to have forgotten about it.
>>
Cool story bro!

Yeah that would be neat.

Instead of Holland going into collapse during the 1700s (being pushed around by France, Prussia and Austria) they would have been like a Scotland or Wales but with a massive center of economic power.

tl;dr IRL Amsterdam lost money war to London
tl;dr ALT HIS Amsterdam becomes sister city and economic powerhouse along with London
>>
>>1420276
Dutch people are faggots.
>>
Shameless bump

Even on /his/ people don't want to talk about it.
>>
God i wish that were me
>>
bamp
>>
>>1420276
England having clay in Mainland Europe would have changed the Politics of Europe completely
>>
Why didn't he have any? He married Mary in 1677 so he had plenty of time. Makes me wonder why Charles II had no legitimate ones either considering his uh, appetite.
>>
>>1422703
Well William was apparently a homosexual, but still he should've done his duty.
>>
The countries would have seperated at one point, the cultures are just too different
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.