[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unified Europe Monarchy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Charles V.jpg (355 KB, 1007x969) Image search: [Google]
Charles V.jpg
355 KB, 1007x969
Has anyone ever had the idea to breed together the European monarchs? Even if it never happened I am surprised no one had the idea. within a few generations you could have a unifying Personal Union of Europe.
>>
>>1416959
>>
>>1416959
>
>>1417027
Funny how similar these maps are.

Well not funny one literally evolved from the other but still, it seesm France and England always were the holdouts
>>
>>1416959
That's what Europe generally was prior to WW1.
>>
>>1416959

Monarchs have been breeding with mostly each other for 1000 years. That doesn't lead to unity.
>>
>>1417032

France was, no England.
>>
>>1416959
>Not knowing about Willy Nicky and Georgie
They literally destroyed Europe in their fight over who Victoria loved more
>>
>>1416959
The emperor kind of was supposed to be that, even for kings outside the HRE, mirroring how the germanic kingdoms behaved towards the ERE in the first times after the fall of the west.

>>1417032
>it seesm France and England always were the holdouts

Like the other anon says, France was. Mainly because it was a contender to be the leader of Europe, not because they opposed the idea. Actually in the case of the times of Charles V France was a contender literally, for king François was Charles' rival in the imperial election.

I don't understand why England threw it's traditional alliance with Castille to the thrash for no reason other than religion sectarianism, specially since protestantism was adopted willingly by the monarchy and wasn't forced by some kind of inescapable pressure from the court or the people.
>>
>>1417068
hahah what
>>
Louis XIV accepting Carlos II's will would have created a Franco-Spanish monster empire if it weren't for the War of the Spanish Succession
>>
>>1417236
But Anjou wasnt in frecnh sucession lines
>>
>>1417236
But I don't think Charles II will had anything to do with Philip V being or not king of France in the future? Or did he (his court) have some plan I don't know?

The game changer would've been a spanish victory in the war of the Quadruple Alliance, although only magic or divine intervention would've allowed that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.