[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Muslim told me the airplane was invented by an Arab, where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5
File: plane.jpg (30 KB, 698x400) Image search: [Google]
plane.jpg
30 KB, 698x400
A Muslim told me the airplane was invented by an Arab, where do you guys think this ridiculous claim comes from?

And while on the subject, what have the Arabs invented anyway?
>>
>>1415945
Arabs invented the wheel, the king, fire, abrahamic religions, agriculture, mathematics and civilisation
>>
>>1415954
That was actually Turks.
>>
>>1415954
>filthy Semites stealing inventions of based Sumerians
>>
>>1415954
t. Achmed

Most of the "Islamic Golden Age" is the product of Persians and non-Arab Syrians.
>>
Arabs invented a method of breaks for a plane which take it from 500 mph to 0 mph in half a second.
also new demolition techniques
>>
>>1415978
>Most of the "Islamic Golden Age" is the product of Persians and non-Arab Syrians.
Who were Muslims. You put Islamic golden age in quotes and yet you're talking about race? Makes no sense, no one says Arab golden age.
>>
>>1415998
Islam is literally Arab supremacist movement.
>>
>>1416007
Again what the fuck are you talking about? He made some satirical post about how Muslims claim they invented everything and you freaked out saying THEY WERENT ARABS!!! THEY WUZ PERSIANS
>>
>>1415945
>what have the Arabs invented anyway?
Distillation, funnily enough, though they didn't invent it so much as rediscover it from the greeks. Alcohol comes from the Arabic Al Kuhl.

It took the Irish to perfect it however, when they invented Whiskey
>>
>>1415998
Read the OP you triggered arab shithead.

>Trying to ride on the success of others
Shameful display
>>
>>1416017
What the fuck are YOU on about?
The dude just made a comment on how the arabs didn't cause the islamic golden age.
>>
>>1416116
Not Arab, not Muslim, he was triggered and i responded.
>>
>>1416123
Against a satirical post....
>>
>>1416125
And? You got a flat reply, if you were just fucking around reply with it "it was just a prank bro" not "hurr but it's the Muslim golden age nobody claims otherwise", which just makes you sound like you're actually trying to argue the point.
And yes, some arabs do try to claim responsability for the golden age.
>>
>>1415945
>where do you guys think this ridiculous claim comes from?

He meant they invented plane terrorism
>>
>>1415945
Everyone knows Planes were invented by a Brazilian anyways
>>
>>1416222
Muslims didn't even invent plane hijacking, that was hispanics.
>>
>>1416233
t. Alberta Barbosa
>>
>>1416234
and Sikhs were the masters of it before 9/11. Muslims were really late to the game, they just get credit because they perfected it
>>
>>1415954
>Arabs invented the wheel, the king, fire, abrahamic religions, agriculture, mathematics and civilisation

lol i'm curious can you provide some sources for all of your claims

what is an arab anyways?
>>
>>1415945
Well they invented cowardice, terrorism, disease, murder, rape, war and short stature.
>>
>>1415945
Algebra.
>>
>>1416233
As a brazilian, fuck off. We wuz planes and sheit.
>>
Alberto Santos-Dumont invented the airplane.
>>
Calm down everyone. Korean invented a plane.
>>
>>1415945

HOL UP
>>
>>1415945
The first recorded, sustained (though non powered) flight i believe was done by a muslim scholar
so to a limited extent that is true
>>
>>1415945

Ebin troll thread, OP!

+1 Upboats!!!1! :DDDD
>>
Arab as in Arabian Peninsula or Arab as in anyone who speaks Arabic as a primary language?
>>
>>1416318
how the fuck is this a troll thread
>>
First plane and human flight was carried out in NZ by Richard Pearse.

FACT.

Wright Brothers stole the credit.
>>
>>1416399
Stop being a fking fedora there always has to be someone stealing the credit according to you fags

Let me guess, Edison didn't invent the light bulb either?
>>
File: 8545885226_9ef88a83d9_b.jpg (360 KB, 703x1024) Image search: [Google]
8545885226_9ef88a83d9_b.jpg
360 KB, 703x1024
>>1415954
>abrahamic religions
fuck off
>>
>>1416106
>Alcohol comes from al kuhl
Sounds like wewuzism to me
>>
>>1416482
The word does, it doesn't mean they invented alcohol. I'm not sure why we use their word for it.
>>
File: 1463962216314.jpg (355 KB, 1152x780) Image search: [Google]
1463962216314.jpg
355 KB, 1152x780
>all these people falling for sassenach lies.
Airplanes were invented by Scots. Just like everything else of value.

The first Airplane was the Scottish Aviation Pioneer. That's why it's named the "Pioneer"

t. Scot, currently working on inventions.
>>
>>1415954
>Arabs invented the king
WE
>>
>>1415945 (OP)
there is this dude: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hez%C3%A2rfen_Ahmed_%C3%87elebi

and this dude: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag%C3%A2ri_Hasan_%C3%87elebi

it's mostly made up tho
>>
>>1416506
My guess is that the arab word meaning powdered stuff, is used because alchemy borrowed a lot of araboc terms. Also it were alchemists at HRE and eastern europe who have refired distillation which led to similar types of spirits spreading throughout the eastern block
>>
fish
>>
>>1415945
Very little.
The "islamic golden age" is wewuzzery of the highest order. Even Arabs didn't see it this way, it's literally a western invention whose only purpose is not even to praise goatfuckers but to denigrate the west. Same deal as the extravagant tales of what happened in eastern Asia or the good savages in America.

>inb4 das rayciss
I'm not even white.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhazen
>>
>>1417195
>implying we don't owe a shitton to the Islamic golden age. Particulary the works of the ancient greeks which they preserved and copied.

I hate muslims as much as the next guy but this >identity historicism must stop
>>
>>1417259
Very little Greek comes from islamic lands.
The Arabs destroyed many Greek works and ignored others. Because of their language supremacism, Greek became rare in islamic lands. At most you get Syriac or Arabic translation (large majority by Christian translators btw).

Greeks were much more important in keeping Greek things. Yet you never hear this. And the western people kept many Greek things too, not any less than arabs. Often translated in Latin though.
>>
>>1417195
Nice dindunuffinism
>>
>>1417280
>The Arabs destroyed many Greek works
[citation needed]
>>
>>1417195
Political revisionism pls stop
>>
>>1417295
I'm sure the rampage across the eastern mediterranean caused no damage.
> 'If the books of this library contain matters opposed to the Koran, they are bad and must be burned. If they contain only the doctrine of the Koran, burn them anyway, for they are superfluous.'
>t. Caliph Omar

>>1417288
Dindu? I'm meme confused.
Indeed, the arabs dindu nuffin here.

>>1417298
The fact you think of it as political is telling.
>>
>>1417361
Dindunuffism is denying that anyone other than your special group didn't do anything. Claiming the Islamic Golden age never happened has no historical basis, it's a political re imagining to fit your agenda.
>>
>>1417361
>> 'If the books of this library contain matters opposed to the Koran, they are bad and must be burned. If they contain only the doctrine of the Koran, burn them anyway, for they are superfluous.'
>>t. Caliph Omar
Things that never happened.
>>
>>1417361
>I'm sure the rampage across the eastern mediterranean caused no damage.

If it did, specifically to libraries, one of our many Eastern Christian or Jewish sources would have pointed it out. They didn't neglect to mention any other forms of violence or damage.

If you seriously believe an apocryphal quote written down centuries later, most likely in response to more contemporary literary destruction (of Shi'a writings no less), then you need to hit those books harder and lay off the memes a bit.
>>
>>1417371
>Dindunuffism is denying that anyone other than your special group didn't do anything.
That's the opposite. Dindunuffism is saying you or your group dindu nuffin.
Besides, I don't mind saying Englishmen did things, or Italians, or Americans, or Chinese or many others. I don't know what's implied here.
>>
>>1417426
Deydindunuffinism then. Stop doing it.
>>
>>1415954
>fire, agriculture
nope
>>
File: 1375291322334.png (108 KB, 1237x1017) Image search: [Google]
1375291322334.png
108 KB, 1237x1017
>>1417438
But they dindu nuffin.
And as I said I come from an area that is listed below "Arab world" in pic related.
>>
>>1415945
I guess he was talking of Abbas ibn Firnas. A flight pioneer, but from that to "airplane was invented by an Arab"...
>>
>>1416482
>Sounds like wewuzism to me
its true though

>>1416506
>The word does, it doesn't mean they invented alcohol. I'm not sure why we use their word for it.
"Al Kuhl" is arabic for Kohl, which is a type of powder used in cosmetics which was obtained by distillation. It came to be used as a word for a distillation in general and this usage spread to Europe, for example "Alcohol of wine", and eventually it became more restricted to actual alcohol as we know it today
>>
The first evidence of Metal working was discovered around the Area where Spain/Portugal is currently located, so its a pretty safe bet to say the Original golden age started where modern day Spain is located right now.

Advanced metal working such as Bronze and Iron was originally discovered around Serbia area.

Eastern China/Korea had some very Notable early pieces of inventions and Cultural Achievements themselves!.

Later on Civilization in the Area where Iraq is currently which was shortly followed by the Egyptian and then Roman empires in this order.

Finally the Arabs lands benefiting from the heavy trade between Rome viking and Oriental lands, the trade routes traversed heavily through arab lands which is what triggered the Arab golden age, Europeans and Asians took a perticular interest in the Jewels originating from Arab and western Asia while at the same time the Sharing of technology lead to the Arabs to almost surely be the people who discovered actual modern Steel, the weapons they made where weapons fit for kings.

the Arabs benefited from the Technology and trade between Asia and Europe, that's pretty much it.
>>
>>1417465
You cant compare the post industrial revolution achievements to medieval...

And listing number of achievements doesnt mean much, some have more significance than others, like the chinese invention of paper. In terms of significance thats fucking huge.
>>
>>1415995
/thread
>>
>>1415995
kek
>>
>>1415995
Did they also invent jet fuel that can melt steel beams?
>>
Algebra
>>
>>1415995
I'd say this is edgy, but it's quite clever.
>>
>>1417372
Arab scribes wrote this down you know
>>
>>1415977
Aren't Sumerians technically Semitic too?
>>
>>1416341
A shitload if people are thought that their country invented the plane because they made some prototype on their own.
Basically just bait
>>
>>1415954
So many people took this bait.
There aren't any actual arabs on this site fucktards.
>>
>>1420131
It was invented.
>>1420163
No they were something else
>>
>>1415954
WE WUZ CIVILIZED N SHEEIIT BUT EBIN WHITE MENZ CAME AND DESTROYZ OUR GLOOORIOUS CIVILIZATION WE ARENT FANATICAL BROWN MANLET WERE GLIRIOUZ ARYANOSEMETIC GODZ
WE INBINTED EVERYTHING
>>
>>1416248
The word algebra is Arab. But it was practiced way before then, i mean algebra can be pretty basic.
>>
>>1420692
How thick can you be?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.