[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Last Kingdom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Scale of 1-10, how historically accurate was this show. Not necessarily actual events and figures, but general things like culture, technology, dress, and buildings.
>>
>>1415798
The main character of the show is not black, so it's historically inaccurate to begin with.
>>
>>1415817
heh
>>
>>1415798
It's pretty shit, read the books instead
>>
>>1415798
>>
>>1415798
>dress
Leather bondage gear is not historically accurate. Uhtred is dressed like a furry gimp.
>>
>>1415798
>dress

I wonder how many people believe everyone just wore black BDMS leather grear from the dark ages to the end of the Renaissance
>>
>>1415898
a lot of things in the books are pretty fascinating, particularly the way politics and tactics work. no fucking clue if they are accurate though.
>>
>>1415798
It's abysmal. The Saxons use square shields with no covers, they wear armour from several centuries later, royal palaces are literal hovels.

Lindybeige, whatever you think of him, does a good job ripping the shit out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco
>>
>>1415968
>lindybeige says it didn't happen
that doesn't mean shit
lindybeige doesn't think people used axes at all
or fire arrows, or shield walls
he's a wannabe 'eccentric professor' who thinks he knows it all
>>
File: Shielwall!.jpg (545 KB, 1680x1260) Image search: [Google]
Shielwall!.jpg
545 KB, 1680x1260
>>1415798
>Hear me Saxons, this is how the Danes fight: THE SHIELD WALL!!!1!
>This is why you suck.
>Even if this is the bog-standard Germanic tactic prevalent goddamn anywhere in Europe for infantry.
>>
>>1415798
Viking culture is misrepresented
Technology is all over the place and quite inconsistent
Dress is meh
Buildings are pretty poor mostly.

Still watchable though.
>>
>visuals meant to entertain plebs of any form

>>
>>1417113
Get lost fag, he points out all the stupid armours and props thats all
>>
Worse than the vikings,that tells a lot.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.