[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, being curious, can someone describe to me what the industrial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: LAIBACH_Press_Photo_1983.jpg (43 KB, 451x532) Image search: [Google]
LAIBACH_Press_Photo_1983.jpg
43 KB, 451x532
Hey, being curious, can someone describe to me what the industrial music group Laibach stands for? Is it a legitimate political message or is it another one of these music groups that "challenges society"?
>>
>it another one of these music groups that "challenges society"?

This, the latter. Some of their most notable songs are pop covers - critiquing cult of personality in entertainment with their dictator-like artistic image. They also did a cover of abrasive, angry covers of several countries' national anthems and wear the modified uniforms of whatever country they're performing in, stripped of patches and redecorated to look ominous: what else do you think the purpose would be?
>>
>>1414922
Honestly, the number of theories and political identities they wear and imply, makes it virtually impossible for me to dictate that they are "severely fascist" or "parodying it".
>>
>>1414922
A good example is their cover of Queen's One Vision. Lyrics like:

>One man, one goal,
>One mission.
>One heart, one soul,
>Just one solution.
>One flash of light, yeah,
>One god, one vision.

and

>So give me your hands,
>Give me your hearts.
>I'm ready.
>There's only one direction.
>One world, one nation,
>Yeah, one vision.

take on a really different meaning when they're sung in German by a shirtless man, set to a martial anthem and titled "Birth of a Nation."

I'm really a fan of their Sympathy for the Devil cover because of how demonic it sounds compared to the original Rolling Stones caterwauling.

Though honestly I'd say they peaked in the mid 90s. Their newer stuff hasn't been as subversive or entertaining.

>>1414969
IIRC at one point, Laibach was banned simultaneously from preforming in both Yugoslavia and in West Germany/Austria, because the governments thought they were either fascist, communist, or democratic subversives.

But anyways, Zizek did a little talk about what he thinks Laibach's ideology is. It seems pretty on point to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BZl8ScVYvA
>>
literally the best music to go on a run too

thank you /f/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRADA7fLVpQ
>>
Old classic Laibach was a pastiche of imagery of the political movements born during the interwar period. They were pure content but no context, that is, a movement without an ideology.
But they were not your average edgy contrarian pieces of shit that thought that military paraphernalia was cool and also hated comunism and niggers and shit, their "movement" was purely ironic meme tier crap, but it was so ironic it was real, like, i can't really explain it, but once read an essay about it, if I find it i'll post it here.
>>
Rammstein grew out of east German industrial workers, no?
>>
File: NWO.png (287 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
NWO.png
287 KB, 640x480
>>1415101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM
>>
>>1415346
Rammstein are pretty explicitly marxist
>>
File: 1468208900445.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1468208900445.png
230 KB, 640x360
>>1415404
>>1415346
>Rammstein
>>
>>1415425
>posting drake meme
>hating rammstein

ich hasse dich
>>
File: aaa.jpg (88 KB, 647x389) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
88 KB, 647x389
>>1415335
>am in Laibach
>regional block

wew
>>
It's hard to understand Laibach. They are serious about their art but often employ humor and parody.

They are not fascists, Nazis or even necessarily always political. They employ the imagery of romantic nationalism because it is evocative.

It's also important to note that they were originally just thr musical wing of an entire school or movement of art - almost as though Bauhaus had a house band that wound up overshadowing the visual stuff. Not talking about the goth band Bauhaus. Hope I'm not making this more confusing?

Sometimes their songs have very clear political messages and sometimes they aren't about anything. They are definitely politically charged beyond the aesthetic visual shit, but it's not like Rate Against the Machine or the Dead Kennedys or something.
>>
What are their best recent albums?
>>
Was the song B Mashina about nazi occultism? I think I read about before it but cant find anything now.
>>
File: cant.png (44 KB, 1280x878) Image search: [Google]
cant.png
44 KB, 1280x878
Can't listen in the country they're from. And the title means state/country.
n i c e
>>
Who says that they are nazis/fascist has to be Kind of stupid: they die the music for Iron Skies a movie about the Nazis reconquering the from the darkest side of the moon
>>
They are heideggerian eco-fascists
>>
>>1414537
They have some pop-leftist views and use fascist and communist imagery to be controversial.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.