[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If religion is a spook, how is it possible that it appeared literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: pepestirner.png (8 KB, 218x231) Image search: [Google]
pepestirner.png
8 KB, 218x231
If religion is a spook, how is it possible that it appeared literally everywhere on the world? I can't name a single ancient civilization without religion or mythology.

Do humans instinctively want an answer for the things they can't comprehend?
>>
>>1412818
Basically every spook appeared independently in various places in the world. Gods, property, kings, whatever you name it.

>Do humans instinctively want an answer for the things they can't comprehend?
Yes, humans are very arrogant creatures and don't like accepting "I dunno" for an answer.
>>
>>1412839
>>1412818
Concepts of what is religion is just unified by the belief that there is a higher being. That itself is not a spook since there is the possibility to exist of something mightier than thou.

Thats the fault on steiner logic, it completely disregards the presence of very real possibilities and "natural" facts unavoidable that are not spooks

For example death, all men must die someday, he cannot spookyfi death even tho its a spooky bussiness.

Nor it can spookify existance although i recall he calls existance and awareness the unique and its spooks its property
>>
>>1412887
He doesn't "spookify" anything. That part of Stirner isn't prescriptive, it's descriptive. If it isn't real, it's already a spook, and all he does is reveal it.
>>
>>1412818
Have you read Stirner? Nah, of course you didn't you dumb memer, if you knew what a spook is you would realize your question makes no sense, or else you're b8ing.
>>
>>1412818
God damn i hate Stirner, this faggot has ruined everything for me, everything has become a spook. My world is now meaningless and shattered.
>>
>>1413066
Recognizing a spook as a spook is the easy part. The second half involves making use of spooks and anything else you want.
>>
>>1413078
But what defines a thing as a spook since everything that we perceive is an illusion and interpretation of reality?
>>
>>1412818

Try to define "religion" and you'll have your answer.
>>
>>1413156
A spook is anything that society values over the self, from my understanding. So any concept that prohibits you from being a selfish asshole is nonexistent and you shouldn't give it much thought.
>>
>>1413250
>society values over the self,
Anything that the self values over the self. "Society" is a spook, there are only individuals
>>
>>1412818
Religion was naturally selected at the group level for it's social cohesiveness and binding properties.

Religion is like a shitty 1980s operating system for an old mac that controls the social behavior of indiviuals and groups.
>>
>>1412818
This is a very interesting question. Actually, it is a tragic question.

If you are a theist, you can easily explain this as a Sensus Divinitatis, which is seeking for the truth (whatever the truth might be).

If you are an atheist, it can only mean one thing. It is part of the human condition that most people cannot be happy without believing in the divine. Which means that happy atheists (although they might exist) will always be outcasts.
>>
>>1412818
Religion of ancient days weren't really seperate from their philosophical views, but rather they went hand in hand.

So the Egyptians were very smart and we're not separating their religion from their philosophy.

We only see religion as seperate from philosophy now in the present day, and we even see religion separating from its original philosophies for the sake of worldly gain in some way.
>>
>>1412818
>If religion is a spook, how is it possible that it appeared literally everywhere on the world? I can't name a single ancient civilization without religion or mythology.

Just read his book you clearly have no idea what a spook is or its ramifications.
>>
You literally only have to read the introductory page of his work to understand why this argument is garbage omg why do you people even want to enter into discussions you don't understand in the slightest cmon dude
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.