[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After alot of time in /his/, which I may or may not regret.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: 20160213_blp533.jpg (64 KB, 595x335) Image search: [Google]
20160213_blp533.jpg
64 KB, 595x335
After alot of time in /his/, which I may or may not regret.

I seen alot of shit flinging against catholic and orthodox people, cathocucks because of the pope, assuming all catholics is the pope. Orthodox people being commies and what not.

I got two questions, a little unrelated perhaps but fuck you, one; Which of these two christian churches btfo'd the muslims the most? Two; I know people of both catholic and orthodox faith, and they are neither cucks or commies, could someone explain this banter?
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1412412
This is an 18+ website.
>>
>>1412418
That's not what I asked you spanner.
>>
>>1412412
Catholicism, between the reconquista and French imperialism in Muslim countries (but wait, there's more) it's not much of a contest on the count Orthodox countries spent virtually the entirety of the last 500 years getting BTFO by Muslims.

>could someone explain this banter?
On 4chan if there could be an argument about the superiority of X vs Z, there will be an argument about X vs Z. This is not because of animosity between both churches, this is because 4chan is disproportionately autistic.
>>
>>1412417
Oh I see.
>>
>>1412429
I am pleased with this answer. Thank you, anon!
>>
>>1412431
Additionally, consider the fact that 15% of Russia's population is Muslim.
>>
>>1412433
Some 80% of France's youth is Muslim, and the Pope is welcoming even more "refugees" (that is economic migrants and hostile invaders).

The Catholic Church is currently an active force in the destruction of the west in welcoming the intrudes and pacifying the native population, and it is quite useless to close your eyes and say Oh but remember that one time Catholics BTFO Muslims a thousand years ago? Meanwhile the Orthodox Church opposes Muslum immigration. Brag about the past all you want, but it is clear which church is looking to the present and the future. IT'S THAT SIMPLE.
>>
>>1412483
So you'd say these days the Orthodox are more anti muslim? And do you think the catholic church would change when they get a new pope on the throne?
>>
>>1412483
>Some 80% of France's youth is Muslim
No fucking way. Bullshit.
>>
>>1412433
Oh and BTW the Catholic Church strongly condemns the crusades and imperialism now so that invalidates your entire point doesn't it?

Don't fall for the traditionalist catholic meme! They lure you in by showing the church of the Middle Ages and before the Vatican II, when none of that exists anymore. Once you're in you realize that the only "traditional" bishops are a handful of wrinkled old men and now you're part of a freemasonic globalist secular organization.
>>
>>1412499
>Freemasonic
Freemasons>apostolic churches
>>
>>1412493
They just released a statement a few days ago. Someone post it please I'm on my phone right now. (I'm not orthodox btw but I'm planning to convert.)

No, the church will not change by changing the pope because the entire hierarchy is corrupt. Traditionalists are a handful of old men.

>>1412497
In public schools IIRC. Ask any frog on /pol/. I'm on my phone right now but I'll come back when I get home.
>>
>>1412483
80% in Marseille maybe
>>
There were like, two traditionalist catholic bishops, bishop Fellay and bishop Williamson. One of them wants to surrender to the Vatican and the other got excommunicated.

Meanwhile in the Orthodox Church you don't even have to ask whether this or that bishop is traditional or not, because it is presupposed.

Don't fall for the traditionalist catholic meme.
>>
>>1412412
You're rude and you should work on your vocabulary.
>>
>>1412543
Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>1412483
>Some 80% of France's youth is Muslim,

Nope
>>
File: nightattack.jpg (170 KB, 1740x945) Image search: [Google]
nightattack.jpg
170 KB, 1740x945
>>1412429
That's such a meme
>Catholicism
>fight islam where it's weakest, far away from their seat of power, sometimes do an expedition whose success is quickly reversed
>Orthodoxy
>literally next to islamic centers of power (first Arabia, Iraq, Syria, Persia, what not, not to mention all the hordes)
>still manages to hold out for 1000 years

With these in mind, "BTFO" is relative as fuck. Catholics were never truly threatened by islam after Tours. Sicily, iberian sultanates were unstable memes that quickly died out. On the other hand, orthodox states kept winning battles like pic related while being constantly under the attack of well organized muslim empires.

And the last 500 years? That's literally the period where the Ottomans for example got most BTFO.
>>
>>1412644
>Fight Islam when it's weakest, away from seat of Power
Hardly, Reconquista against the Umayyads was nothing short of an uphill batte.

>Never threatened by Islam after Tours
>Ottoman-Habsburg wars
>Ottomans got thrown back by Austrian and Polish forces at Vienna

Ottomans were mostly BTFO thanks to Poles and Austrians.

"le remove kebab serb" is one of the biggest memes as they were basically Ottoman bitches.
>>
File: Assyrian Logo.svg.png (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Assyrian Logo.svg.png
4 KB, 200x200
>>1412412
check monophysites and nestorians

alternative: copts and assyrians, and many other names

the got kcmodded hard, but die for their faith everyday, when you sit your lazy ass in the 1st world invading secularist dictators for the lulz

when catholocs and ortholarpers were beating the shit out of each other... muslimani came as liberators, only to arabise the region hard under umayyads. such cases

they're most ancient and archaic existing form of xtianity, but barely anyone heard of them, often confused with orthodoxes and catholics (bcus well - they use both names xD)

moreover they have most broad biblical cannon too, as they were isolated for most of the time - barely having time for ephesus or chalcedon
>>
File: Samalot Martyrs.jpg (221 KB, 340x446) Image search: [Google]
Samalot Martyrs.jpg
221 KB, 340x446
>>1412680
>>1412412
the most hilarious shit is perhaps when ppl call the modern masr country "egypt", BUT you heard only of garyeeks bitching bout monkeydonians

double standards

have you heard of that anti-muslim "prophet" film? it was likely done by diaspora copts

assyrians today fight in the dwekh nawsha, opposing daesh hard. but they need outside donations to have their thing sponsored by the iraqi-shami states

it's funny when people bitch about jews mistreating the paliniggers, I mean I would surely suffer living in the super modern 1st world xD, do you know how arabs treats natives? way and much worse
why do you think so many lives diaspora, abroad? they were forced to either pay the protection tax, leave or be killed. that is in the land they lived for over 9000 years, as old as world is
>>
File: Apostolic Sees.png (119 KB, 1152x674) Image search: [Google]
Apostolic Sees.png
119 KB, 1152x674
obligatory to this ITT

needs corrections - east syriacs has legitimate claim on antioch too

"church of the east" is properly called: catholic church of the east, and no they're not chaldeans
>>
File: MihaiViteazul.jpg (971 KB, 2000x2471) Image search: [Google]
MihaiViteazul.jpg
971 KB, 2000x2471
>>1412663
>Hardly, Reconquista against the Umayyads was nothing short of an uphill batte.
What a meme. Save for the first hundred years, the Umayyads and Andalusia in general was a mess of infighting, and they never had the power the Abbasids or the pre-750 caliphate had.

>>>Serbs

Where the fuck did I mention serbs? Yes, the Serbs got utterly BTFO, but if you just orthodox success by Serbia, that would be like judging every catholic nation by Paraguay.

Also
>Poles
>Austrians
I won't contest that they managed to reverse ottoman expansion for a bit, but attributing the fall of the ottomans to them alone is dumb. Austria and Poland were content in stopping the Ottoman advance into central Europe and reversing it a bit. Hardly an achievement, the Byzantines had been at the whole game of pushing back muslims for the last 500 years.

Honestly, I think it's hard to even say the Ottomans got "thrown back". 50 years worth of conquest got reversed over a hundred. The Ottomans were fine conquering in the middle east and caucasus.

Heck, the Ottomans got PROPPED UP by catholic power in later stages.
>>>Crimean War
So don't give me the "it was the catholics who caused the fall of the Ottoman Empire :^)" face, because it's plainly false. They were content in a small expansion and then letting the status quo be. If anything, the fall of the Ottoman Empire can be attributed to the Russian Empire and allied ORTHODOX countries such as Romania.

>>1412694
Masr is proof islam is a disease.
>>
Both did massively heroic stuff that slowed or stopped islamic advance for centuries.
And they both did retarded things that helped the muslims advance, like byzantines letting HRE's get ambushed, crusaders generally doing a mess of things, attacking orthos and catholics alike, etc.

They also both lost millions of civilians that were enslaved and never seen again, either by turkish or barbary raids.

And they all have important christian cities and areas that were never recovered.
Let us not forget that the Hagia Sofia will soon have 600 years of not being a church, while the birthplace of Augustine has 1% christians, most of whom are foreigners.
There is no triumphalism to be had.

Also this gem:
>Sigismund called a war council on the 24th, in which he and Mircea of Wallachia suggested a battle plan in which the Wallachian foot soldiers, who had experience in fighting the Turks, would be sent in the first attack to meet the Turkish vanguard; this was usually a poorly armed militia, normally used for pillage but used in battle to tire opponents before they met better quality Turkish forces. Sigismund claimed that this vanguard was not worthy of the attention of knights. Sigismund proposed that, once the shock of first clash had passed, the French form the front line to rush in, while the Hungarians and the other allies follow to support the attack and keep the sipahis (Turkish cavalry) from sweeping around the crusaders' flanks. D'Eu denounced the proposal as demeaning to the knights, who would be forced to follow peasant footmen into battle. He reportedly stated, "To take up the rear is to dishonor us, and expose us to the contempt of all" and declared that he would claim front place as Constable and anyone in front of him would do him mortal insult. In this he was supported by Boucicaut; Nevers, reassured by the confidence of the younger French lords, was easily convinced.
>>
>>1412710
hey, i did it to the best of my abilities.
Antioch is a mess, anyhow.

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2012/the-other-successors-of-peter-the-patriarchs-of-antioch
>>
>>1412761
Lel, that is a gem.

Do you have the continuation though?
>>
>>1412924
>The French charge crushed the untrained conscripts in the Turkish front line and advanced into the lines of trained infantry, though the knights came under heavy fire from archers and were hampered by rows of sharpened stakes designed to skewer the stomachs of their horses. Chroniclers write of horses impaled on stakes, riders dismounting, stakes being pulled up to allow horses through, and the eventual rout of the Turkish infantry, who fled behind the relative safety of the sipahis. Coucy and Vienne recommended that the French pause to reform their ranks, give themselves some rest and allow the Hungarians time to advance to a position where they could support the French. They were overruled by the younger knights who, having no idea of the size of the Turkish force, believed that they had just defeated Bayezid's entire army and insisted on pursuit.[24]

>The French knights thus continued up the hill, though accounts state that more than half were on foot by this point, either because they had been unhorsed by the lines of sharpened stakes or had dismounted to pull up stakes. Struggling in their heavy armor, they reached the plateau on the top of the slope, where they had expected to find fleeing Turkish forces, but instead found themselves facing a fresh corps of sipahis, whom Bayezid had kept in reserve. As the sipahis surged forward in the counterattack sounding trumpets, banging kettle drums and yelling "God is great!", the desperation of their situation was readily apparent to the French and some knights broke and fled back down the slope. The rest fought on "no frothing boar nor enraged wolf more fiercely," in the words of one contemporary chronicler. Admiral de Vienne, to whom was granted the honor as the eldest knight of carrying the French standard into battle, was wounded many times as he attempted to rally the morale of his countrymen, before being struck down dead.
>>
>>1412983
>Other notable knights who were slain include Jean de Carrouges, Philippe de Bar and Odard de Chasseron. The Turks threatened to overwhelm Nevers and his bodyguard threw themselves to the ground in silent submission to plead for the life of their liege lord. Notwithstanding the declaration of jihad, the Turks were as interested in the riches that could be gained by ransoming noble captives as anyone else, and took Nevers prisoner. Seeing Nevers taken, the rest of the French yielded.

And this is how we lost Bulgaria and paved the way for ottoman conquest in the Balkans and Europe.

Good job, D'Eu, you fucking retard.
>>
>>1412983
And this is what happens when you're arrogant as fuck, ignore experienced commanders who have fought against the enemy you're facing before and instead charge.
>>
File: 8xwalJRPHXc.jpg (51 KB, 604x402) Image search: [Google]
8xwalJRPHXc.jpg
51 KB, 604x402
>>1412412
There was nothing changed in Ordodox Church since the beginning and oecumenical councils. And it's ridiculous to say that Orthodox Church is commie. In fact, all of prists are against Soviet history and ideology because of persecution.
>>
>>1412680
>>1412694
You're probably right.
>they're most ancient and archaic existing form of xtianity
Who are they?
>>
Catholics are famous for the Crusades and the Reconquista but people forget that Byzantium kept the various Muslim armies at bay for almost 800 years.
>>
>>1412732

the Spanish defeated not only the muslims of Spain, but also the muslims of the Maghreb, the Almoravid Empire and Almohad Empire.
Those were the ones who did the heavy fighting once Muslim Spain became fragmented.

The Turks were stopped in Lepanto, Malta, and in their two attempts at conquering Vienna, in 1529 and 1683, this second time reconquering Hungary too.
>>
>>1412412
How about you leave and never come back, or at least until you stop using the word cuck? Terrible fucking thread.
>>
>>1413993
4chan is designed to argue about who is best girl of what End of Evangelion is about. Very bad place for any serious discussion of religion
>>
>>1413993
Wow what got your panties in a twist? I don't use the word cuck on a daily basis, I used the "term" I seen being in use in other threads. Calm the fuck down ffs.
>>
>>1412417
Reddit
>>
>>1413993
cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck
>>
>>1414057
Asuka may have a shit personality, but at least she has one. Rei is a fucking robot.
>>
>>1412644

ieși acasă, Radu
>>
>>1413993
Only cucks get triggered by the word cuck.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.