[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"But Leonardo, how is your conception of Justice compatible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1468470144448.jpg (97 KB, 630x352) Image search: [Google]
1468470144448.jpg
97 KB, 630x352
>"But Leonardo, how is your conception of Justice compatible with your ideas on free will?"
>>
>>1411698
I wonder what sick and disgusting fetishes he's developed. There's no way plain old boring vanilla sex does anything for him anymore.
>>
File: 1449018165352.jpg (129 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1449018165352.jpg
129 KB, 630x630
>>1411698
>here is the bombshell: reflexivity permits us to see that the belief in rationality, induction/generalization/categorization, imagination, intellect, reason does not lead us to the good life.

>animals are the most rational beings, but they lack reflexivity since they fail to see that the faith in abstraction to reach knowledge/truth/objectivity/reality/universality is sterile since it brings only conventions which are, by definition, always fluctuating through, at least, time and space... rationality brings is a deception and a disappointment.

>the point of reflexivity is to notice the failure of rationalism, to embrace PURE empiricism, that is to say, to stop fantasizing about a collective reality, but rather to stick to personal phenomena in analyzing them.
the point of reflexivity is to make us wonder what do we want.

>Do you want to create norms, conventions in order to claim that you create norms and that these norms are truths that you try to impose on others, until some people will come to you and claim that their conventions are the truths and yours are lies ?
>>
>>1411698
I wonder though how red-pilled someone like Leo has become over the years? I mean he started young, and he has had the attention of countless of women beyond measuring probably. When you are young it's great, but surely at some point you realize more and more that the women only like you for your money and fame, and you will never manage to connect properly with another person as they would not love you for who you are but for the image of you?
>>
>>1411758
He probably doesn't give a fuck about "connecting properly".
>>
>>1411698
He isn't even that handsome I don't get it, I mean he was for 90's standards but I'd consider him average as fuck now
>>
>>1411764
Well no but it also applies to all relationships of his life, not just women.
How many men want to be his friends just to benefit of his fame and success?

It gets lonely up there
>>
>>1411764
Probably this
>>
>>1411767
That's why most of famous people have only real friends from childhood or other successful individuals like themselves
>>
>>1411765
It's not about looks, he is based actor. The shit he can pull off it's sometimes unbelievable
>>
>>1411785
Women can't recognize good acting anyway, they only care about looks and wealth
>>
>>1411779
I know they have shitloads of money and can get almost anything they want, but I really do not envy famous people.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't pick being rich and famous over being whatever I am now, but often you just see the meme of "rich or famous people cannot be unhappy because of X" which is sillly.
>>
>>1411841
Seems like the best possibility is money but no fame. Unless you're an idiot who can't handle money
>>
>Thank you all so very much. Thank you to the Academy. Thank you to all of you in this room. I have to congratulate the other incredible nominees this year. The Revenant was the product of the tireless efforts of an unbelievable cast and crew. First off, to my brother in this endeavor, Mr. Tom Hardy. Tom, your talent on screen can only be surpassed by your friendship off screen … thank you for creating a transcendent cinematic experience. Thank you to everybody at Fox and New Regency … my entire team. I have to thank everyone from the very onset of my career … To my parents; none of this would be possible without you. And to my friends, I love you dearly; you know who you are.

>And lastly, I just want to say this: Making The Revenant was about man's relationship to the natural world. A world that we collectively felt in 2015 as the hottest year in recorded history. Our production needed to move to the southern tip of this planet just to be able to find snow. Climate change is real, it is happening right now. It is the most urgent threat facing our entire species, and we need to work collectively together and stop procrastinating. We need to support leaders around the world who do not speak for the big polluters, but who speak for all of humanity, for the indigenous people of the world, for the billions and billions of underprivileged people out there who would be most affected by this. For our children’s children, and for those people out there whose voices have been drowned out by the politics of greed. I thank you all for this amazing award tonight. Let us not take this planet for granted. I do not take tonight for granted. Thank you so very much.
>>
>>1411742
That Hollywood rumor/gossip site that /tv/ looks at every once in a while once stated that Leo loved pre-op trans, flying the most beautiful models in from all over the world to sleep with him.
>>
>>1411698
>"But anon, how is it not?"
>>
>>1411928
He's not wrong. We just won't have major action in this regard so long as private interests see pollution causing energy sources as more profitable than sustainable energy sources are.
>>
>>1411764
>>1411758
>>1411742
>>1411767
>>1411779
>>1411785
He's just trying to fill the Kate Winslet-sized hole in heart lads, leave him alone.
>>
>>1411928
Wow that's awesome
Didn't knew he actually used his position of power to do good
>>
>>1411698
>wearing a t-shirt on the beach

Leonardo has to justify this first and foremost.
>>
File: DiCaprio blackpill.jpg (86 KB, 1270x942) Image search: [Google]
DiCaprio blackpill.jpg
86 KB, 1270x942
>>1412129
he doesn't care dude, he took the black pill after he won an Oscar

as well as of course
>tfw no kate winslet gf
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.