[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roman Catholic Church is one and true Church created by our Lord
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
Roman Catholic Church is one and true Church created by our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, based on three principles:

>unity of the Church under the Holy Father
>schismatics and heretics never created a fully functional body, just thousands of small denominations fighting each other

>unity of the Church in history
>apostolic succession proven by saint Irenaeus of Lyons in "Adversus haereses" (Fighting the heresy) between 180 to 185 AC
>St. Augustine interpretation of Credo (~374 AC) declaring that
>One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church is an exclusive unity

>unity of the Bible and Tradition
>protestant myth about "1st century Biblical christianity" can be easily debunked by a simple fact that there was no such thing as "the Bible" back in 1st century AC
>the canons of the Scripture were being formed for over six hundred years and contained thousands of texts divided by
>the Word of God - liturgical use
>interpretations - law and administratory use
>philosophy - science and scholastics
>>
>"might makes right": the religion
>>
>>1409658
Behold!
Bait!

Is this a topic for discussion, your Catechism notes, or just your blog?
>>
>>1409676
A topic for discussion.
>>
Sedevacantists are the true Catholics.
>>
>>1409689
Principle number one. Which ones? For as far as I know, they already produced dozens of little organisations claiming which little sect is most puritan.
>>
File: sage.png (7 KB, 200x156) Image search: [Google]
sage.png
7 KB, 200x156
Fuck off, Christcuck
>>
>>1409714
I'm sorry I made you answer my thread.
>>
File: ignorant whore.jpg (28 KB, 232x370) Image search: [Google]
ignorant whore.jpg
28 KB, 232x370
>>1409658
>schismatics and heretics never created a fully functional body, just thousands of small denominations fighting each other

They did, it's just that the Church dedicated itself to destroying any copies. Please learn history before coming to post on a history board.
>>
>>1409737
>They did
Name it, then. Protestants? Thousands of conflicted denominations. Orthodox? Dozens of conflicted national churches. Mormons? Jehovah's Witnesses? Less than 150 - 200 years old.
>>
>>1409746
The Cathars had the Cathar Ritual (Lyon Ritual) and a corpus consisting of the Consolamentum book containing prayers and instructions for rituals, a book called the Aparelhamentum which consisted of instructions for confessions and discourses on the nature of sin, and they used a Gospel known as 'The Questions of John'.

These were a fully functional body, of which only small fragments now remain.

The Bogomils had a body that consisted of a number of Gnostic gospels as well as their own original texts from the discourses and parables of a Bulgarian priest, Pop Jeremya's and Bogomil, all of which were destroyed.

The Paulicians had a body that was destroyed as well by the Orthodox establishment of Constantinople: purportedly, they had suscribed to an Epistle to the Laodiceans, now lost.
>>
>>1409782
In short - some separated, little cults that broke from the Church at some point and quickly disappeared after being known by a few? We have plenty of those nowadays too, just try to count all the "baptist" or "pentecostal" organisations in existence.

I was talking about structures like the Byzantine Church after the Great Schism of 1054: those came from the early Church and remained untouched with their administration and leadership - but nope, even the Byzantine Church was destroyed, leaving only separated orthodox sects all over Eastern Europe and Asia.
>>
File: 1467252140131.png (112 KB, 353x296) Image search: [Google]
1467252140131.png
112 KB, 353x296
>>1409811
>that broke from the Church at some point and quickly disappeared after being known by a few

They didn't disappear, they were ruthlessly exterminated. See: Albigensian Crusade and Bosnian Crusade and Paulician-Byzantine Wars.

Also, how could you expect the Cathars or Bogomils or Paulicians to develop something like a complex administration and leadership when they were heavily persecuted and exterminated by Crusades?

Besides, your statement was:
>"schismatics and heretics never created a fully functional body, just thousands of small denominations fighting each other"

You never said anything about administration or leadership. I gave you your answer: these "sects" had their own fully functional and complex bodies of literature and rites and discourse.

You strike me as a stupid Christcuck. There is nothing inherent in your mainstream Orthodox Christianity that makes you more "right" or your denomination any more "valid" than those sects you deemed heretical.
>>
Papism leads to hell
>>
Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone by means of scripture alone enabled by Christ alone with works done for the glory of Gos alone.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.