[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The absolute madman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (558 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
558 KB, 1920x1080
So /His/ tell me about real life rulers who were the most similar to this fucker. Bonus points if they were both mad and successful.
>>
>>1408665

Why the hell am I supposed to know who some randam guy in a pic is supposed to be?
>>
This guy was absolute madman of his time.
>>
File: niyazov4.jpg (135 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
niyazov4.jpg
135 KB, 500x375
> Turkmenbashi
From top of my head, he build the gold statue of himself, ordered to create ice palace in the middle of desert and destroyed all mosques that wouldn't accept his book being a same level of importance to Islam as Quran. Really many modern dictators are crazy as him or even more.
>>
>>1408690
Picture is semi irrelevant as it's clearly a thread about crazy leaders
>>
>>1408757
And Muslims accepted him doing this?
>>
File: 1455751850888.jpg (43 KB, 582x741) Image search: [Google]
1455751850888.jpg
43 KB, 582x741
>>1408665
>>1408779
bad thread, I hate you, don't know what to post
>>
>>1408781
What are they gonna do? Overthrow him?
>>
don't know about real life ones and I have no idea who that in the OP is supposed to be, but Lord Vetinari of Discworld fame is pretty slick. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Vetinari

> Lord Vetinari succeeded Mad Lord Snapcase, who had been as mad as the name suggests. One of Vetinari's earliest actions and a sample of his way of running the city was to legalize Guilds such as those of the Thieves and the "Seamstresses," which had been active-but-outlawed for years. Their leaders became esteemed members of society and their members insured and licensed. Vetinari also made it clear to them that he knew everything about them, right down to where their wives had their hair done, and where their children played. Therefore, the Guilds did what he asked of them, and eventually, crime was not so much 'eliminated' as organized. Nowadays, for a modest fee, an Ankh-Morpork citizen may walk the streets confident that he will not be mugged more than a few times per year, and will always receive a receipt.
>>
File: Idi_Amin[1].jpg (42 KB, 607x371) Image search: [Google]
Idi_Amin[1].jpg
42 KB, 607x371
You have ten minutes to name a leader more based than "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular, an uncrowned King of Scotland.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.