[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What period or year was the height of the Samurai? If someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: samurai.jpg (31 KB, 372x700) Image search: [Google]
samurai.jpg
31 KB, 372x700
What period or year was the height of the Samurai? If someone were to ask about Samurai, which would they be thinking about, what century?
>>
Google it.
Asshole
>>
Probably right at end of Sengoku period, it's all downhill once Hideyoshi and then Ieyasu took over

So mid 16th century-ish maybe, I don't know
>>
>>1408022
It's not something that can be googled....
>>
>>1408013
The height of Samurai power was during the war the war that lead to the Edo period.
During the Edo period the samurai started to become decadent over time, always having sex with prostitustes and gambling since there was no war to be fought and Japan was unified.
Lots of lords started to lose their money and they couldn't afford samurai anymore and so the ronin's appeared.
>>
>>1408037
http://www.history.com/topics/samurai-and-bushido
Fucking retard
fucking shithead
fucking faggot
fuck you you degenerate peice of trash i will rape you and your family also im shitting as i post this you fucking cockroach unhuman braindead scum

fucking idiot

die
>>
File: OrthoHell.png (418 KB, 1055x631) Image search: [Google]
OrthoHell.png
418 KB, 1055x631
>>1408144
Yes. This is 4chan. Welcome. You don't have to try so hard. We know your soul is just as rotten as ours. That's why you're here.
>>
File: your brain is trash.jpg (133 KB, 960x951) Image search: [Google]
your brain is trash.jpg
133 KB, 960x951
>>1408144
You are stupid. Obviously I can find information about the Samurai instantly with google, but that isn't what I'm asking is it you illiterate cretin.

I'm asking which era of Japanese Samurai is the most iconic for the Samurai, it's fairly subjective and thus not something you can google but something you need to ask about.

The reason I'd like to know what era of Japan comes to mind when people think Samurai is for a project comparing warrior nobles across the world I am doing. I am torn between choosing Samurai at the end of their time or the Tokugawa Shogunate or perhaps earlier.
>>
>>1408013
The samurai controlled japan for over six hundred years. Perhaps the samurai of the heiki monogatari are most cerebrated and inflated in the gloriousness of their deeds

Horses on men, men on horses, one upon another, one upon another...Truly enough to fill a valley...with more than seventy thousand of the Heike's soldiers, Even the rocks and the water bleed, making a mountain of corpses."

-Heike Monogatari
>>
>>1408250
How about you choose for yourself instead of just posting a useless thread you fucking shitsmear
>>
File: kys_faggot.png (322 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
kys_faggot.png
322 KB, 420x420
>>1408144
>>1408321
>>
>>1408321
Because I'd like opinions other than my own.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.