[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was she german, russian or polish? As a german I was taught
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Was she german, russian or polish?

As a german I was taught she was german. But maybe that is just our national bias. So let's talk about this, I guess.

Also, general thread about minor historic stuff that might be taught differently in other countries.
>>
>>1407302
She's of the House of Ascania, so she was German by birth but clearly associated with Russia.
It's kind of strange that the Royal courts of Europe are more or less cosmopolitan.
Also a lot of German derived dynasties around ruling the Monarchies of Europe.

When was it when the Russian court started speaking French?
>>
>>1407327
>Also a lot of German derived dynasties around ruling the Monarchies of Europe.
Like Britain.
>>
>>1407332
True, Hannover, Saxe-Coburg und Gotha, Oldenburg.
They're all German prots.

I wish the Stuarts were still alive.
>>
>>1407302
Royality started being massively interbreed around 17th century, culminating in early 20th century when monarchs of Austria Hungary, Bulgaria, German Empire, Romania, Russia, Belgium and Great Britain all had monarchs related to Queen Victoria in one way or another. Like, check fucking King George V and Tzar Nikolai II. You can't even tell if they didn't prank'd whole world and switched themselves at some point so it was George who was killed by Bolsheviks, not Nikolai.
>>
Euro royalty have no nationality. Or alternately, they are all a blend of all European nations. They are closely related only to each other.
>>
>>1407302
Most Monarchs in Europe were born elsewhere but later "convert" to the country's (that they rule) religion and culture. The Royal Family of Greece, for example, was Danish, and now they all have Greek names and practice orthodoxy
>>
Post stories about catherine II pls
>>
>>1407439
she fugged a horse
>>
>>1407302
A lot of aristocrats based what they were along where they lived, since it was pointless to base it off of ancestry when they have married into other noble families from all over Europe.

Identity based off blood and ethnicity was a working class thing because their relatives were more national and they worked for the betterment of their country as opposed to marrying into another for position.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.