[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Native Americans get so thoroughly rekt by European diseases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Why did Native Americans get so thoroughly rekt by European diseases but not the other way around?
>>
>>1406136
Population density was way higher in the old world and you had greater contact for communicable diseases.
>>
>>1406136
Actually, they did.
Thousands of Europeans who went to the subtropical America's, died of hemorrhagic fevers.
>>
>>1406136
Europeans had being living along side domesticated mammals (pigs specifically) for thousands of years prior to contact with the Native Americans...that contact led to the deaths of millions over time but also greater immunity.

Europeans did get some nasty STDs from the Indians though, some are still with us.
>>
>>1406152
care to expand on the std?
>>
>>1406136

The Euro's that reached the Americas were all descendants of people who survived the black plague, among other horrible diseases caused by aforementioned population density.

Natives had no chance gg no re.
>>
>>1406563
Syphilis mainly, although recently the idea that it came to Europe from the Americas has come into question.
>>
>>1406563

I don't think he should be expanding STD's anon; that's not very responsible.
>>
>>1406136

we got Syphillis from them iirc
>>
>>1406136
Guns germs and steel
>>
>>1406136
You want to see Europeans thoroughly reckt by diseases in Colonies? Africa and Asia.

White Bois can't handle malaria & dengue.
>>
>>1406563
Fanny Itch or Le Minge Burne (french) were the most common contemporary names
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.