[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thesis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 220px-Al-Hakim_bi-Amr_Allah.jpg (29 KB, 220x246) Image search: [Google]
220px-Al-Hakim_bi-Amr_Allah.jpg
29 KB, 220x246
I dun goofed /his
Need to write an undergrad thesis. History major. Told my mentor I am gonna write it on Fatimid Caliph Al Hakim Bi Amr Allah.

Know enough about him to bullshit but can't come up with any major questions to ask about him

pls help.

more deets on what I have so far l8r.
>>
Try to find an aspect of his character that hasn't really been written about in scholarship before
>>
>>1402551
His character has been written on a lot. To a point where any addition will have to come from new sources completely.

What I have done so far is look at the Vizier, Jawhar Al Siqilli and I noticed that the Fatimid rulers had not adopted the title of caliph or amir al mu'minin until the 4th Fatimid Caliph, Al Muizz. Essentially until the conquest of Egypt and the establishment of Al Azhar in 988 and Dar al Hikma slightly earlier.

Under al Hakim (6th fatimid ruler) however you see a strong shift towards da'wa, spreading Shi'ism, in China and India so he transitions from being the protector of Islam to the authority on the spread of what he saw as true Islam.

I thought this was interesting. And it's all well and good. But I don't know what to do with any of this info
>>
Why him out of all people. I find great generals far more interesting but then again Im not a history major and I just like history as a hobby.
>>
>>1402570
>Under al Hakim (6th fatimid ruler) however you see a strong shift towards da'wa, spreading Shi'ism, in China and India so he transitions from being the protector of Islam to the authority on the spread of what he saw as true Islam.
Obviously I know nothing about him and I'm just spitballing, but you could examine whether what he saw as true Islam was his actual personal conviction or just a political convenience?
>>
Sounds like spooky bullshit. Why the fuck would you have to write new shit on him? Tell your spooked mentor to fucking read Stirner and stop being a fucking retard.
>>
>>1402704
This is isn't even really my mentor's field but has experience doing archival work in Egypt and I will travel to Egypt for this project so he's a good guy.

That said, I find Max Stimer's psychoanalytic theory as it applies to history unappealing. Especially after reading anti-Oedipus by Deleuze and Guattari.
>>
>>1402540

>writing about the Fatamids
>dirty shia dogs
>not glorious Abbasids

faggot
>>
>>1402819
AYYY LMAO!!!
I'd usually agree but everyone writes about the Abbasids. Difficult to find a gap that you can fit in.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.