[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Catholics, is it true that all it takes to be forgiven by God
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: misterbellic.jpg (129 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
misterbellic.jpg
129 KB, 1920x1200
Catholics, is it true that all it takes to be forgiven by God is regret it all, and then lead a religious lifestyle?

For example, let's say someone called Nico robbed, murdered, smuggled. If he stopped doing all of that, if he regretted it all, started going to church, marry a nice woman called Kate and have children, would he be "saved"? Would he be forgiven?

More importantly: in the end, would there have been a difference if Nico had not sinned at all from the start?
>>
File: Roman_Bellic.jpg (20 KB, 624x373) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Bellic.jpg
20 KB, 624x373
>>1405710
COUSIN
DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID COUSIN
WHO WILL I BOWL WITH ON SUNDAYS?
>>
>>1405710
You are using a hypothetical question to sort this out, when what you are really asking is for someone to speak on God's behalf as if anyone on 4chan would have the same exalted judgment on a fictional character that God would.

What you call saved is from hell, and each person sees their own. Christ forgives our future offenses when we start living in the now, but actually making conscious efforts towards Him rather than not using our conscious and expecting all of it to be solved without any work on our end.
>>
@1405718
I can see you're trying very hard but you'll need more than caps lock and an unfunny reference to get the (You)s.
>>
>>1405710
fate and works m8
>>
Protedtent here. Yes. But you have to ACTUALLY regret the action.
>>
>>1405736
Aren't there people who are more or less inherently incapable of feeling remorse for taking immoral actions, though? Are they just doomed from the second they inevitably do something really fucked up?
Why do they even exist then?
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 284x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 284x299
>>1405710
I would assume so
>Mark 2:15-17 "And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him. And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners? When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.