[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best /his/ games for a romeaboo? And general /his/ vidya thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
Best /his/ games for a romeaboo? And general /his/ vidya thread
>>
>>1405625
Never actually played Ryse but someone asked if I was involved with making the game after I went full romeaboo mode one time. Something something about Roman resolve to win a war was unshakable because to Romans Rome represented civilization and for Rome to lose a war was for Romans to let the the light of civilization be stolen from all of humanity.
>>
>>1405625
>"This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc."
>>
>>1405625
So apperantly Activision was going to make a CoD game set in Ancient Rome. Call of Duty: Roman Wars. It was part of a contest of developers under Activision to make a unique CoD game. It was shown to the heads at Activision and they considered it but wouldn't attach it to the CoD name which the developers really wanted so they never made it.
>>
File: 214950_20160630054234_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
214950_20160630054234_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Total War Rome 2 is pretty fun
>>
>>1405670
Their depictions of factions that aren't from western europe are always retarded. It has seriously soured me on the series.
>>
>>1405679
It's gotten better with time

Actually in Attila things are kind of reversed, the Eastern and African factions are all pretty good, so are the Romans, but for some reason the Celts are still walking around with trousers and La Tene swords with names like Cunorix and the Germans are all Vikings, in 500 AD
>>
>>1405693
Call me when they stop depicting Persia and India like they were city-states full of palm trees
>>
>>1405693
>>1405670
kill yourself
Rome 1 will always been the only good Total War game
>>
File: 214950_20160709080403_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
214950_20160709080403_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>1405878
get with the times, grandpa

In all seriousness they're pretty much all good apart from Empire, and even then you can mod it.
>>
File: mrniceguy.gif (2 MB, 282x257) Image search: [Google]
mrniceguy.gif
2 MB, 282x257
>>1405705
>Call me when they stop depicting Persia and India like they were city-states full of palm trees
>mfw you will never play as the expanding Mauryans or the Sakas Or the Kushans Or the Gupta Empire...

Yea I have soured on TW because it is almost entirely about the west and the outskirts of hellenic influences, really narrows a lot of what actually happend historically.
>>
The total war games. Especially Attila.
>>
>>1405670

And pretty shit

Does anyone know if TW: Attila still uses Rome II's retarded collision detecting system? I'm thinking of torrenting it
>>
File: legend-of-kage-the-usa.png (210 KB, 360x500) Image search: [Google]
legend-of-kage-the-usa.png
210 KB, 360x500
Legend of Kage

https://youtu.be/gXMoNWk3jS4
>>
>>1405922
>Does anyone know if TW: Attila still uses Rome II's retarded collision detecting system?
No, Attila's is waaaaaaaaay better, everything actually has a sense of weight to it.
>>
>>1405888
t. CA
kill yourselves
>>
>>1405951
If I worked for CA why would I outright say one of their games is bad
>>
>>1405956
Not even CA can call that steaming pile of shit playable.
>>
>>1405625
It's by no means historically accurate or anything, but Age of Decadence takes place in a post-apocalyptic low fantasy setting inspired by ancient Rome.
>>
>>1405625
Europa Barbarorum II
>>
Mount and Blade has influences from history and is basically Total War but fun and less autistic
>>
>>1405878

Rome 1 was inaccurate as fuck with roman ninjas and recruitable flaming pigs.

Rome 2 had some research done in it's faction composition and the unit collision thing is a dank meme.
>>
File: love_court.png (131 KB, 450x150) Image search: [Google]
love_court.png
131 KB, 450x150
>>1405625
When the World Stopped Making Sense and The Winter King mods for Crusader Kings 2.
>>
>>1405625
>Best /his/ games for a romeaboo?
Pic unrelated, surely. That game was so inaccurate it made the gladiator movie look like a documentary by comparison.
>>
Bumping this thread.

RO2/Rising Storm and Verdun are my favorite World War games, and I'm not sure how many would agree with me but I'd consider Tropico 5 a pretty good history related game, just because you build up a nation from the late 19th to early 21st centuries.
>>
>>1405670

with Divide Et Impera maybe
>>
>>1405670
fucking this game blows. not AT ALL historically accurate it panders to dipshits tiny world map, even with mods as all fuck its still a shit game.
the Peloponnese has just sparta, not corinth, elis argos mantinea etc... its retarded and the northern tribes are way more powerful than they were historically. how you play sparta is the same how you would play some piss shit tribe in england fuck that game
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.